Ebay advice and what to do about idiots

Search this Thread

Old 02 March 2006, 06:54 PM
Rabid
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ebay advice and what to do about idiots

OK here's the background.

I'm selling a REVO SPS switch on ebay. As you may know what this allows the user to do is switch between mapped and unmapped states of tune on certain motor vehicles. For it to work you require a REVO remap resident in your ECU.

However despite making this crystal clear in my advert I'm getting bombarded with emails from people who presumably can't read or follow a simple hyperlink to the REVO site which I incuded in my advert text. What these people want to know are things like "how powerful will my car be when I use this switch" or "do I need anything else to make it faster" etc etc.

What I'm worried about is that I'll sell it to one of these eejits who will then respond with 'It dunt werk' or similar. Of course I'll respond with 'I said in the fecking advert you need a remap in order to use this to switch it on or off'.

The question is will they be within their rights to request a refund considering that I made it perfectly clear what the score is?

Ebay is driving me nuts
Old 02 March 2006, 07:03 PM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Depends - is the item one you bought specifically to resell, or is it one you have spare, taken off your car etc...

If you bought to sell on then you are selling as a trader, and the buyer can return it for ANY reason they want ( they dont actually need to give a reason ) under the DSR.

If it is a personal sale, then as long as you make it absolutely clear in the listing, they dont have any comeback if they buy the wrong thing, as long as it is as described and fully working.

With the stupid questions, just dont answer them - this should put off the real muppets from bidding in the first place.
Old 02 March 2006, 07:21 PM
Butty
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Add a comment to the description emphasising what you've just said above and that no refunds will be given if installed on a non- REVOd car.

Nick