The Apprentice

Search this Thread

Old 01 March 2006, 10:49 PM
Apparition
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Apprentice

How bad is that ???
Electric went down just as Sir Alan was about to fire this week's victim.

So who was it ...Please ???????
Yve
Old 01 March 2006, 10:52 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

http://www.bbc.co.uk/apprentice/
Old 01 March 2006, 11:26 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

team leader woman sacked....because she was crap at everything.

mad woman with mad hair was still mad but, in this case, correct about the cat thing.....lawyer saw AS agree with the mad woman and quickly backed her up- thus sealing the fate of asian woman who tells people to "let me finish" if they ask a question during her pitch
Old 01 March 2006, 11:29 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

oh.....and the pitcher for the boys was very impressive.......in that he made himself look a bigger **** than slimey asian bloke - quite something!
Old 01 March 2006, 11:30 PM
Wish
Scooby Regular

Lawyer woman is my last girl out..... could be the winner.
The woman with massive PMT needs to go... swearing in the board room .... no way. C ya
Old 01 March 2006, 11:33 PM
Wish
Scooby Regular

In the blokes team i like the chubby guy that was wearing the white shirt tonight. He was seen making the babies laugh, last week he was selling apples for a couple of quid each.

Hes in my top 3
Old 01 March 2006, 11:42 PM
ticky
Scooby Senior

Nargus deserved getting sack.
This episode had to many cry babies (especially the brummy women)
Old 01 March 2006, 11:55 PM
Jaydee5
Scooby Regular

Love Alan Sugar

Does he rip peoples's egos to shreds
Old 01 March 2006, 11:58 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Ive got to do a job presentation tommorrow

now the thing is do i look at from the point of view that even i couldnt be as bad as her , or ive got a presentation to do..

the bloke me me laugh,

I do this presenting stuff all the time i,m a professional, yet didnt have all the facts.

half this lot have one thing in common, there so far up there own ar*es they cant see how bad they are...

agreed the bird had to go,

"can i just say there are six million cat owners in the uk"

Mart
Old 02 March 2006, 12:00 AM
Wish
Scooby Regular

lol .... thats why i like Paul (the chubby guy)
Hes not up his own **** and can adapt to anything thats asked of him so far.
Old 02 March 2006, 12:04 AM
Jaydee5
Scooby Regular

The programme is put on for *my* entertainment (and others)...and it does what it says on the tin

Tough luck for the cry babies
Old 02 March 2006, 12:55 AM
MooseRacer
Scooby Regular

Was one of the funniest things I've seen on tv for a while
Old 02 March 2006, 01:58 AM
scoobypreza
Scooby Regular

My toes were curling during those presentations.
Can't believe the bit where she cut the guy off saying she hadn't finished then looked at her paper and asked him if he had any questions!!!

Crazy!
Old 02 March 2006, 08:17 AM
HowiesPreza
Scooby Regular

Location: Whitley Bay the Falaraki of the North! sold CTR bought another scooby, got refund after legal battle

The last series seemed to have proper business people this series is all about people wanting to be on the goggle box! Why were those blokes crying - ok the guy who did all the work then they came and ruined it - but the other guy - GET A GRIP MAN!

They don't seemed to have focused on the ladies group yet so i'm not sure who's strong (except the hyper one - she's out!) but from the blokes - i reckon the big black guy, and Paul as mentioned above - i also reckon the gob sh*te asian guy might make his way to the end.
Old 02 March 2006, 08:40 AM
imlach
Scooby Regular

Everyone thought Sairia (sp?) would be out early last time, but she made it to the final, so don't discount the blubby girl quite yet - remember, this is TV. It's about entertainment.
Old 02 March 2006, 08:46 AM
Simon K
Scooby Regular

Tremendous show last night. If I was AMS, I would of sacked everyone. :-) I like the Carl *** look-a-like, he seems to control the boys group.

Mani ? The guy who was the presenter, who does that for a living ? Cant be too good at his job then as he was ****e. I think he realises it aswell, as he told the slimy indian guy to F Off.

I agree with Howies, this years crop of **** crawlers look like a group of buzz word talking **** compared to last year's group.

I reckon the last 3 will be Carl ***, Chubby White guy and the Lawyer girl.

SBK
Old 02 March 2006, 08:46 AM
VTEC to Turbo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by imlach
Everyone thought Sairia (sp?) would be out early last time, but she made it to the final, so don't discount the blubby girl quite yet - remember, this is TV. It's about entertainment.
She's not bubbly! Shes a MENTALIST

When she goes out she should be committed.

Agreed on the Paul guy, funny and not up his own rect*m
Old 02 March 2006, 09:13 AM
Apparition
Scooby Regular

Its funny you all like the Paul guy. I liked him ....until their celebratory egg eating party. His true colours showed then. Just watch the replays on the BBC (Thanks for that Paulr) website, to see what I mean.
As for Miss high and ....don't interrupt me ..... she HAD to go. Talk about a power trip.
Could not believe the guys had not prepared a price for Harrods, very bad form.
If you visit the BBC site , you can register and play along predicting what will happen in the coming weeks.
I reckon Paul or Ansell will shine for the guys and Karen or Ruth for the girls.
Yve
Old 02 March 2006, 09:15 AM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

mani the "pro presenter"......when he started with ..."forgive me if i get emtional, but this means so much to me" - i was surprised no one vomited!
Old 02 March 2006, 09:25 AM
Simon K
Scooby Regular

Tiggs, I just cant stand that sort of fake statements. Everyone knows it's fake, and its cringing.

Neither of the two groups were any good, neither deserved to sell any calenders.

Does anyone else agree, that the black guy looks like Carl *** ? :-)

SBK
Old 02 March 2006, 09:44 AM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

They're all muppets. I mean c'mon. Cute kittens for a St Ormond St calender?
As a calender it was useless, it looked like 12 posters to me.

And the boys had no idea on price when pitching? Plus the calender looked like a 30 minute DTP job, at best.

Did anyone spot the typo in the boys calender? The picture of the little Black kid had a blackboard behind. In big letters they'd written GSOH.

Like I said, muppets all of 'em.
Old 02 March 2006, 09:48 AM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Simon K
Tiggs, I just cant stand that sort of fake statements. Everyone knows it's fake, and its cringing.

SBK

trouble is the guy is a presenter, not a salesman.......and it seems the "old school" sales approach is still very much around and thats what he went with.

i remember being taught to sell life assurance by asking stuff like....."so if your wife was killed and you had no extra money for childcare, so you lost your job and had to look after your kids on your own.....how would you feel about that?"
Old 02 March 2006, 09:50 AM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by imlach
But is she someone AS would want as an apprentice.Dont think so.
Old 02 March 2006, 09:58 AM
imlach
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by paulr
But is she someone AS would want as an apprentice.Dont think so.
Remember, as I said, this is tv.

The tv execs want the maddies in until the end so long as there is a credible alternative for AS to choose You don't think it's a real competition do you?
Old 02 March 2006, 10:03 AM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

AS wants them in as well...despite what he says he has become famous because of this show, very few of the public knew the bloke before this - he certainly wouldnt have been asked to the TV adds for NS without this show.

He wants the idiots as well......and whoever he hires - its not his right hand man, its some manager of departmnet a long way below him.....i doubt he ever meets them again!
Old 02 March 2006, 10:27 AM
dtriggs
Scooby Regular

The boys should have sorted the price out but they recovered quickly which was good. The girls on the other hand had no idea of price and just demanded a price agressively from the buyers - bleeding idiots.

Also AS has been very famous for a long time. His publicity with Amstrad and Tottenham was all over the press constantly for years.
Old 02 March 2006, 10:40 AM
Scrappy9
Scooby Regular

I was amazed at what I saw, if these people are the cream out of 10,000 plus applicants then god help us.

Thought trying to find a calendar that would sell to the 3 outlets may be a bit tricky, as I wouldn't expect the same client base at each.

But no-one seemed to know how much the calendars were going to cost them, or if there were any savings to make for bulk production.
I would have expected a price structure saying 1000 units would cost me x per unit, 10,000 would cost me y per unit.

If I had been any of the potential buyers, the female team leader would not have got to the end of her presentation. I thought it was awful.
That said, the mens was not much better.

Great tv though.
Old 02 March 2006, 10:54 AM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Tiggs
AS wants them in as well...despite what he says he has become famous because of this show, very few of the public knew the bloke before this - he certainly wouldnt have been asked to the TV adds for NS without this show.

He wants the idiots as well......and whoever he hires - its not his right hand man, its some manager of departmnet a long way below him.....i doubt he ever meets them again!
Probably..........but in the final decision he's still hiring someone for a 100k job in his company.What probably happens is early on he decides who he wants,keeps them to the end,then the rest is just entertainment value.If i was AS thats what i'd do.
Old 02 March 2006, 10:59 AM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dtriggs
Also AS has been very famous for a long time. His publicity with Amstrad and Tottenham was all over the press constantly for years.
Not like this he hasnt.....he could never have done the TV adds for Great O St.....and this year the add for the apprentice is just his face. He's also done TV chat shows, etc, etc.

Before this he was as famous as any other owner of a football club......and the only ones i know are Elton John and John Madjeski (and a russian bloke)......and that lot may be 10 years out of date and wrong anyway

He wants a bit of "the branson".....next he'll be waering jumpers and buying a yacht.

the task was a good test though.....if you cant sell a calendar with pictures of cute babies where the money goes to a hospital that saves cute babies......you're crap!

(who else thought the caption for the "business baby" should have been....Your Hired!

Last edited by Tiggs; 02 March 2006 at 11:14 AM.
Old 02 March 2006, 11:24 AM
VTEC to Turbo
Scooby Regular

The funniest fact about this show is when they walk out, after being fired.

IT'S the Amstrad building in Brentwood, Essex! So why the black cab driving through the heart of London! LOL

Great show Watching the fools run round in circles.

Quick Reply: The Apprentice