Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Climate change

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/4761804.stm

Its all a fabrication eh hedgehog?
Old 01 March 2006, 06:40 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

I remember thousands of years ago when all the cavemen used aerosols to end the ice age...
Old 01 March 2006, 07:00 PM
hedgehog
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by warrenm2

Its all a fabrication eh hedgehog?
It is, thank goodness you have the wit to realise it. Thankfully the reputation of the IPCC is in tatters after the resignation of Dr. Chris Landsea and the destruction of the Mann "hockey stick" by scientists.

As professor of meteorology at MIT Richard Lindzen says of the man made global warming myth:

"Rarely has such meager science provoked such an outpouring of popularization by individuals who do not understand the subject in the first place."

I suspect he was talking about journalists, though don't know if he specifically had the BBC in mind when he wrote that.

Prof. Lindzen has a good article online which starts out with the following:

"I must state at the outset, that, as a scientist, I can find no substantive basis for the warming scenarios being popularly described"

http://www.cato.org/pubs/regulation/reg15n2g.html
Old 04 March 2006, 08:05 PM
hedgehog
Scooby Regular

Further to the above I note that Prof. Pielke, who is state climatologist for Colorado and works in the Dept of Atmospheric Science in Colorado State University as well as being Director of the Colorado Climate Centre posted the following in reaction to the BBC "report:"

http://climatesci.atmos.colostate.edu/2006/03/02/153
Old 04 March 2006, 08:20 PM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

Yeah but those few american scientists would say that.

Yet there are tons of others who say the danger is very real. And most governments are trying to do something about it apart from china and america and a couple others. The countries that it would hurt the most to try and fight it say it doesnt exist.

Now im no scientist but the climate is changing too rapidly for it to be natural and surely our governemnt wouldnt be spending huge amounts of money to make us more nature friendly.

Remember back to when you wre a kid and to now. There is quite a big difference in climate id say.
Old 04 March 2006, 09:56 PM
hedgehog
Scooby Regular

It isn't just the Americans,

Prof. David Bellamy (you might have heard of him as he appears on TV a lot) is a well known environmentalits and conservationist and he recently described claims of man made climate change as "poppycock"

Dr. Benny Peiser at Liverpool John Moore's University engaged in the following duscussions on so called "concensus:"

http://www.staff.livjm.ac.uk/spsbpeis/Scienceletter.htm

Prof. Philip Stott at the University of London had the following to say:

"Strangely, the unrelenting propagation of media-confused climate apocalypses appears to be assisting down-to-earth common sense to return. We have started to look back into history and we have, inevitably, re-discovered that which had been lost at the turn of the Millennium - namely, a tale of constant, and often violent, environmental change. We are marvelling again at the magnitude of past calamities, which so clearly dwarf Katrina and even the dreadful Boxing Day tsunami. Suddenly, there is a sense of history abroad in the air."

http://greenspin.blogspot.com/

These are just a few of the British Scientists who know that the man made global warming myth is untrue. So, if neither the Americans, nor the British, nor the Russians, nor the Chinese scientists believe in this myth who does believe in it? Looks to me that the answer comes down to a few journalists, because it makes a good disaster story, and a few politicians, because it makes for a good excuse for more control over our lives.

As Abdabz points out the last ice age melted in 50 years and it wasn't my STi that caused it and it all happened with no input from the green nutters who want to gain control over what you can and can't do in your own time and in your own home.