Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Being harrassed by the ex - how can I stop it?

Search this Thread

Old 01 March 2006, 10:42 AM
Ember
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Being harrassed by the ex - how can I stop it?

I've recently split up with my girlfriend. However, she has decided that she is going to try and make my life difficult.

On Sunday, she entered the premises and imediately started getting over friendly with a male. This didn't bother me as I could tell she was just being childish. I returned some of her clothes to her when she was on her own, and then later that night I received am abusive text message from her. I ignored it.

On Monday, she decided that my inn is where she should bring her visiting sister out for a meal (clearly a coincedence that she knows that I'll be carrying out my daily stock checks at that time). I ignored her and didn't even make eye contact.

Last night, while on duty, the place was getting battered, my team couldn't keep up with the demand, so as the duty manager I took to the floor, clearing tables, ash trays, serving etc to ease the strain. She then walks in, as soon as spotted her in her boots I knew she was trying again to make me jealous. I ignored her and carried on. I even carried on conducting my job as usual as if she was just another guest. She didn't like that and so announced to my whole team that she was in on a date. From that moment, she would only approach the bar while I was serving (each time a team-member jumped on and served her before I got to her). When I left the bar, I went to my car and collecte something that she had left in my possesion. I went to her table to give it to her and told her I fould it in my bedroom. I walked off at which point she tried to chase me. I left via the staff-only exit and she then tried to argue with the general manager who was on day off and only passing through and even got her date to argue her story. At 12:37am I received a phone call from a with-held number - I'm sure you can guess who it was. I hung up without saying a word.

Basically, I'm fed up of her childish antics and want to know if there is anyway I can stop her coming near me. I've spoken to my general manager and my regional manager and they are aware of the situation. The general manager will bar her from entering at all times if I can give him the proof that he needs. However, this will not stop the text messages or phone calls.

Is there anyway I can get anything like a restraining or non-molestation order to prevent her from interfering with myself and my job as I feel that she is intent on trying to get me sacked for finishing our relationship.

Any sensible advice gladly accepted (any revenge ideas will be considered too )

Cheers,
Ember.
Old 01 March 2006, 10:53 AM
Poor Guy
Scooby Regular

have a chat with the rozzers? buy a massive butt plug and hand that to her when shes on a date. "you left this from the orgy"
Old 01 March 2006, 11:07 AM
Paul3446
Scooby Regular

Get a new mobile number and just ignore her, she'll soon get bored.
Old 01 March 2006, 11:08 AM
Trout
Scooby Regular

It may be only me however I do not really see a lot of 'harassment' in her behaviour. I do see you attaching a lot of meaning to her behaviour - like the reason you think why she was wearing boots.

Maybe her new date likes boots.

If she is phoning you at all hours, lurking around your house, that sort of behaviour then you can deal with it using a court injunction.

If it is merely hanging out where you work which happens to be a bar/restaurant(?) whilst you harass her by returning her goods piecemeal in public then I suggest you will not be able to make a strong case.

Tough it out and she will move on if you do.

Last edited by Trout; 01 March 2006 at 11:11 AM.
Old 01 March 2006, 11:15 AM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

"as if she was just another guest"

"I went to her table to give it to her and told her I fould it in my bedroom"

sound as bad as each other.
Old 01 March 2006, 11:21 AM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

Is it your own bar/pub? If so, next time she comes in say "you're barred" and sling her out. My parents were landlords and AFAIK you don't need any specific reason to bar someone (as long as it's not racial etc.).
Old 01 March 2006, 11:26 AM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

1997 harrassment act - "two or more acts likely to cause alarm or distress" or something like that.

Report it to the police and keep a diary of events
Old 01 March 2006, 11:30 AM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

If he is approaching her table, or communicating in any way, it can't be harrassment on her part.
Old 01 March 2006, 11:32 AM
PG
Scooby Regular

Agree with Tiggs. Sounds a bit tit for tat type stuff.
Old 01 March 2006, 11:32 AM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by Ember
I've recently split up with my girlfriend. However, she has decided that she is going to try and make my life difficult.

On Sunday, she entered the premises and imediately started getting over friendly with a male. This didn't bother me as I could tell she was just being childish. I returned some of her clothes to her when she was on her own, and then later that night I received am abusive text message from her. I ignored it.

On Monday, she decided that my inn is where she should bring her visiting sister out for a meal (clearly a coincedence that she knows that I'll be carrying out my daily stock checks at that time). I ignored her and didn't even make eye contact.

Last night, while on duty, the place was getting battered, my team couldn't keep up with the demand, so as the duty manager I took to the floor, clearing tables, ash trays, serving etc to ease the strain. She then walks in, as soon as spotted her in her boots I knew she was trying again to make me jealous. I ignored her and carried on. I even carried on conducting my job as usual as if she was just another guest. She didn't like that and so announced to my whole team that she was in on a date. From that moment, she would only approach the bar while I was serving (each time a team-member jumped on and served her before I got to her). When I left the bar, I went to my car and collecte something that she had left in my possesion. I went to her table to give it to her and told her I fould it in my bedroom. I walked off at which point she tried to chase me. I left via the staff-only exit and she then tried to argue with the general manager who was on day off and only passing through and even got her date to argue her story. At 12:37am I received a phone call from a with-held number - I'm sure you can guess who it was. I hung up without saying a word.

Basically, I'm fed up of her childish antics and want to know if there is anyway I can stop her coming near me. I've spoken to my general manager and my regional manager and they are aware of the situation. The general manager will bar her from entering at all times if I can give him the proof that he needs. However, this will not stop the text messages or phone calls.

Is there anyway I can get anything like a restraining or non-molestation order to prevent her from interfering with myself and my job as I feel that she is intent on trying to get me sacked for finishing our relationship.

Any sensible advice gladly accepted (any revenge ideas will be considered too )

Cheers,
Ember.
Unless she starts doing anything sinister, just take her to one side and calmly assert that it's over and that you will not be taking her back, wish her well in her future and tell her that if she doesn't devote her efforts to moving on, rather than conducting a vendetta against you, then she'll waste her life being a thorn in someone else's side and end up alone cause everyone else will lose interest in her. BTW they'll also lose interest in you if your life starts to become orientated around getting one up on the ex's petty behaviour, it becomes very tiresome.

When you've said your piece, just ignore any subsequent efforts on her part to re-engage you. She'll soon get bored.

Ns04

Last edited by New_scooby_04; 01 March 2006 at 11:40 AM.
Old 01 March 2006, 11:33 AM
2000 sport
Scooby Regular

needs to be causing you harassment, alarm or distress to get a harassment warning issued.. this can be via texts, phone calls or in person..

I would personally change my number and ignore her.. sure she will find someone else soon enough!!
Old 01 March 2006, 11:37 AM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Glad you edited 'calming' for calmly NsO4, it was píssing me off.
Old 01 March 2006, 11:40 AM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by Spoon
Glad you edited 'calming' for calmly NsO4, it was píssing me off.
I amended that and numerous other typos and examples of crap english in my post mate- I'm not with it today!!

Sorry for any distress caused!

Ns04
Old 01 March 2006, 11:50 AM
Richard_P
Scooby Regular

Just treat her like any other customer - Don't hand her items in the pub and serve her as you would anyone else.
Old 01 March 2006, 12:04 PM
MJW
Scooby Senior

Don't let it bother you - I'm going through a similar thing at the moment. I find the best therapy is to go out and screw as many other women as possible If she can't find anything better to do with her time than to wind you up, the problem's hers not yours.
Old 01 March 2006, 12:17 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

Location: It's like finding a cocktail sausage, when what you really wanted was a rather large saveloy.

Just leave her to it.. ignore the text etc, and just act in the same manner you would with your non-psycho customers.

She'll soon get the message that she can't rile you and will probably move on to someone else.
Old 01 March 2006, 12:29 PM
lordharding
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

Go around to her house

Get her drunk seduce her

Bed here

take her from behind

pull faces behind her back

wipe it on her pillow /curtains

take photo /video the above Procedure

display it above the Bar

show it to her when she is with her next date

She wont bother you again

Problem sorted <lordys > way
Old 01 March 2006, 12:32 PM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

Lordy

I was just going to say the same
Old 01 March 2006, 12:37 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

You could always try the soap opera approach:

Kill her and bury her beneath the pub
Old 01 March 2006, 01:11 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

Location: It's like finding a cocktail sausage, when what you really wanted was a rather large saveloy.

Originally Posted by SJ_Skyline
You could always try the soap opera approach:

Kill her and bury her beneath the pub
Use arsenic in her food... or if you don't want to kill her, laxatives... she'll soon know what it feels like to be a pain in the ****
Old 01 March 2006, 01:15 PM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

Why did you end the relationship ??

Do you have issues with your sexuality ?? Does she ??

Was the mouth gag & whipping just too much for you ?? Was it the 8" black ***** that she used on you just the icing on the cake ??

Come on give us some info or better still get some pics posted up
Old 01 March 2006, 01:19 PM
lordharding
Scooby Regular

Wink

Yes we need for factual evidence before us <professionals> can give further advice .

have you any photos of her in different positions

Another classic <tweaky > style thread in the making ?
Old 01 March 2006, 01:21 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sti-04!!
Why did you end the relationship ??

Do you have issues with your sexuality ?? Does she ??

Was the mouth gag & whipping just too much for you ?? Was it the 8" black ***** that she used on you just the icing on the cake ??

Come on give us some info or better still get some pics posted up
Not every bloke has the same sexual fetish as you, you know
Old 01 March 2006, 01:24 PM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

LG - Are you the g/f ??
Old 01 March 2006, 01:25 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

sti-04!! - Are you Tweaky ??
Old 01 March 2006, 01:26 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sti-04!!
LG - Are you the g/f ??
Not the one in question, no
Old 01 March 2006, 01:29 PM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by SJ_Skyline
sti-04!! - Are you Tweaky ??
Not the last time i looked

Sti-04!! is the name
Old 02 March 2006, 10:02 AM
Simon K
Scooby Regular

Its just rejection. Rejection makes you do stupid things, that at the time seem logical and rewarding. At the moment, she cant think straight and is hoping that she can make you jealous and want her back. The best way to sort this, is to swap roles and think what you would want to be told, if you were trying to get your ex back.

I would perhaps talk to her, and tell her that you want time alone, to work out what you want, and coming in to your works isnt helping you, or `us` so to speak.

These situations are easy to understand if you swap roles. Ive been hassled by ex's, and Ive hassled ex's myself. Its all down to being rejected and feeling hurt.

Also, remember, you dont really want to end in anger, as there's no chance of a sneaky ex-**** !! :-)

Best of luck.

SBK
Old 02 March 2006, 10:23 AM
HowiesPreza
Scooby Regular

Location: Whitley Bay the Falaraki of the North! sold CTR bought another scooby, got refund after legal battle

PMSL at LordHarding's suggestion - i agree with him - then hit her with a shovel and take her to a pig farm then u'll not have any problems.
Old 02 March 2006, 11:01 AM
Goochie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by lordharding
Go around to her house

Get her drunk seduce her

Bed here

take her from behind

pull faces behind her back

wipe it on her pillow /curtains

take photo /video the above Procedure

display it above the Bar

show it to her when she is with her next date

She wont bother you again

Problem sorted <lordys > way
Better still - post photos of yourself and her on Scoobynet........ oh sorry - thats been done before

Quick Reply: Being harrassed by the ex - how can I stop it?