Mountain bike stolen

Search this Thread

Old 25 February 2006, 07:32 PM
BigRed
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Mountain bike stolen

Hi All

Some theifing git has stolen my mountain bike, nicked from Nottingham(Beeston) area, Thursday daytime.

Description-

Carrera Kraken(mens 19"), blue/silver frame, front walled tyre, rear standard black tyre, front suspension, 21 speed shimano gearing with speed shift(not grip shift), aluminum handle bars, carbon fibre bottle holder, quick realease front/rear wheels, fitted lights front/rear, mud-plugger guards front/rear. This bike is worth approx £400

This bike also had Alpha-Dot security applied to it, so is tracable, I also have the frame number, details have been passed to the police, anyone with any info please PM me.

Last edited by BigRed; 25 February 2006 at 07:34 PM.
Old 26 February 2006, 08:33 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Unhappy

Sorry to hear that, but if Nottingham is as bad as Scunny ,it'll have been stripped and all parts disposed off by now, frame probably trashed, as those are more traceable.

We've had a VERY expensive, (£1600), trials mtb nicked out of our garage, easily recogniseable, very rare,............ never been seen since, and that's 3 years ago

I hope yours was insured, 'cos about the only help you'll get from the coppers is a crime number?

Mind you, being Nottingham, you could try telling them the thieves were speeding when they nicked it, might get them interested............

Alcazar
Old 26 February 2006, 11:43 AM
BigRed
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like it alcazar, but the police have been great with this. I left the bike outside our garage for around five minute, no lock (stupid I know). I rang the police yesterday to update them with frame number ETC and was amazed to here the there is a gang going around the area cutting cable locks with garden shears and heavy duty bolt croppers, so even if the bike was locked up it would have still gone walkies.

Our next door neighbour had a £3000 MTB go from his shed during one night, he never seen it again but his insurance coffed up.

I went out and got myself a cheapo Apollo bike from Halfords yesterday(£129), full suspension(how good I don't know yet) 21 speed shimano gears(grip shift), front disk , aluminum frame(its heavier than the carrera and that was steel). It would have cost me more to claim off insurance in the long run than to buy this bike.

Last edited by BigRed; 26 February 2006 at 11:47 AM.