Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

US posting to uk ??

Search this Thread

Old 18 February 2006, 08:44 AM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default US posting to uk ??

Anyone offer any advice on the following ??

a friend off mine in the us sent a parcel to me thru the us postal service, once posted he sent me the tracking number which confirms it left kennedy airport on the 8th feb at 11:23 am, should I have received the small parcel by now ?? obviously the flight gets to the uk within a day but not sure how long to expect to waitt once the parcel arrives in the uk to make it to its final destination ??!!

checking on the us postal service website with the tracking number just confirms it left the airport on the above date ie. no updated info.

anyone know about these things ??
Old 18 February 2006, 03:09 PM
2000TLondon
Scooby Regular

Depends what's in the box, if customs are particularly interested in it, it could take a couple of weeks to clear. Nine days is not a long time for USPS parcel from the US to the UK.

I received a parcel from the UK that took around six or seven weeks to arrive, customs had probably sat and read the hardback book in there!

Give it another couple of weeks then contact your local sorting offic if no joy, and if it's urgent, next time use FedEx!
Old 18 February 2006, 03:46 PM
Freak
Scooby Regular

USPS parcels stuff gets taken on by parcelFARCE when it gets into the uk.
So expect to:
a) wait ages
b) pay import duty
c) pay parcelfarces ridiculous 'handling' fee

You may be luckier and it gets sent by royal mail so in which case it should get there slightly faster than if an asthmatic snail was delivering it.
Old 18 February 2006, 05:25 PM
v8voodoo
Scooby Regular

jono300,

Try your tracking number on parcelforces website (or was it the post office?) it may possibly work.

2000T,
It's several hundred times more likely to be sat around in Parcelforces shed gathering dust or misplaced by them than being stuck with Customs. Stuff normally goes through the Customs parcel post depot very quickly as they have more than a few packages coming through