My cat is becoming a right cheeky *******

Search this Thread

Old 17 February 2006, 12:01 AM
Lum
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My cat is becoming a right cheeky *******

Any advice.

When we got him from his previous owners, he was this tiny little timid thing that was scared of us and hid under the bed for 2 hours before we managed to coax him out with some prawns.

He's gotten more confident, which is good, he's still stupid and will happily roll over for rubs despite being perched on the edge of a shelf, but this last week or so he's started to take the ****.

He's started not eating certain types of cat food, choosing to hold out for the more expensive ones, so presumably he's getting more food than he needs.

This morning, I had a day off work, and he decided he wanted to be fed. Previously he'd wait until I got up, then come and meow at me, today he just wouldn't shut up, meowl meowl meowl meowl meowl until 2 hours later I gave in.

When he decided he'd had enough stroking from my GF, instead of just pulling away like he used to, he just bit her instead.

He's also mastered the art of being cute, having figured out that if he rolls on his back, he's more likely to get stroked, so that's what he does now, walks up alongside you when you're busy posting crap on internet forums, rolls onto his back, using one paw against the table leg to prop himself there, then stares at you until you stroke him.

I suppose the next stage is like that other thread with the guy who's cat kept stealing his meals. I don't want it to get that far, so any suggestions for nipping this in the bud now.
Old 17 February 2006, 12:02 AM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

take him to the vet for the big E
Old 17 February 2006, 12:05 AM
Lum
Scooby Regular

big E?

he's already had his bollocks cut off, if that's what you mean.
Old 17 February 2006, 12:08 AM
MJW
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Lum
Any advice.
He's started not eating certain types of cat food, choosing to hold out for the more expensive ones, so presumably he's getting more food than he needs.
Well this speaks volumes - don't buy expensive cat food. Buy Tesco's own brand slaughterhouse sweepings and leave it in the bowl - the cat has two options - go hungry or eat whats there. The added affection and attention the cat is getting has led him to believe he's in charge. Re-assert your authority. *****
Old 17 February 2006, 12:08 AM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

Euthanasia
Old 17 February 2006, 12:11 AM
The Rani
Scooby Regular

Sounds like my four all rolled into one
Old 17 February 2006, 07:56 AM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Lol if either of mine kept that up they be outside for the night. As for food if they moan and food is still in their bowl they get nowt - they soon tuck in to whats available.

Simon.
Old 17 February 2006, 08:50 AM
Simon K
Scooby Regular

Mate, your cat sounds normal. I have adopted four of the little sods, i.e. my g/f has moved in bring her 4 sods with her.

One of them is just like your one, always wanting strokes, biting you, even jumping on to the table and trying to nick food as your eating it. No matter what I do, the little sod ignores me.

Cats, they are the most selfish little bags of ****e on this planet. I used to really like cats, but now, they really **** me off. I prefer dogs, as I have a Japense Akita who now lives at my mum. Dogs are totally loyal, dedicated to you, where as cats only want you when they want something.

I wont tell you the number of times Ive come home to see cat sick, turds litter around my house. Ive already told my g/f that her cats WILL split us up !

Infact, thinking about those bloody cats has made me so mad, Im off to pick a fight with anyone ........................

SBK
Old 17 February 2006, 09:11 AM
GrahamG
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Simon K
Infact, thinking about those bloody cats has made me so mad, Im off to pick a fight with anyone ........................

SBK
Old 17 February 2006, 09:16 AM
Kyl3cook
Scooby Regular

Hit it with a brush a few times....or do as I used to do...sit there with your hand clenched with fake (halloween) claws on...then when the cat is ready to get a rub/tickled tummy....open your fingers out one by one revealing freddy kruger....they soon can do without that rub
Old 17 February 2006, 10:08 AM
Apparition
Scooby Regular

You started it by enticing him with prawns...... he's got you well and truly wrapped around his little paws.
Yve
Old 17 February 2006, 10:47 AM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

agreed, cats will only learn by aversion therapy. When it steps out of line, cuff it round the back of the head. When it pees on the carpet, throw it out for the next two hours and ignore it when it looks through the window pitifully. Beleive me you will have a better relationship with your cat once it knows what its boundaries are.
astraboy.
Old 17 February 2006, 11:49 AM
Geddon
Scooby Regular

They need discipline. Agree with the food thing- they will eat it if they are hungry albeit with bitching and moaning. Never any need to buy expensive cat food.
As for the biting thing, a rolled up newspaper or juggling ***** sorts that one out
Got to show him who's boss.