Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Flag Burned

Search this Thread

Old 16 February 2006, 07:18 AM
Suresh
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Angry Flag Burned

Three youths were arrested in the Dutch city of Utrecht yesterday for burning an English flag. The burning took place during a spontaneous demonstration by 60 members of the 'religion of peace' against the Danish Muhammed cartoons.

http://www.nu.nl/news.jsp?n=675711&c=12&rss
News link in Dutch only, sorry

I am as furious as hell , but refuse to stoop to the level of such dim unemployable peasants.

Suresh
Old 16 February 2006, 07:42 AM
_RIP_
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

but refuse to stoop to the level of such dim unemployable peasants.
Wasnt it terms like those above that gave the French a few problems?
Old 16 February 2006, 07:53 AM
fatscoobyfella
Scooby Regular

It dont suprise me...these kinda people will start a war if there boiled egg is cooked properly...

IDIOTS !!!
Old 16 February 2006, 09:20 AM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

One "western" flag is as good as another I guess.
Old 16 February 2006, 09:49 AM
shaunywrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fatscoobyfella
It dont suprise me...these kinda people will start a war if there boiled egg is cooked properly...

IDIOTS !!!
Bloody hell, i'd hate to think what they'd do, if it was'nt cooked properly!
Old 16 February 2006, 10:02 AM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Suresh
Three youths were arrested in the Dutch city of Utrecht yesterday for burning an English flag.
Well at least the clogger Police arrested the scum - something the Police over here wouldnt have done...

I think Holland is odd's on to become the first Islamic state in Europe - so burning flags of 'infidel' countries will probably become a regular event then...
Old 16 February 2006, 10:09 AM
||VaNDaL||
Scooby Regular

Location: I am lost. I have gone to find myself, if I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait.

just one aspect surprises me throughout the whole of the world of islam - it appears that there are shortages in medical supplies, electrical and technical supplies, basic utilities and all sorts, even food at times. but there is no shortage of western flags.

Old 16 February 2006, 10:26 AM
Apparition
Scooby Regular

"just one aspect surprises me throughout the whole of the world of islam - it appears that there are shortages in medical supplies, electrical and technical supplies, basic utilities and all sorts, even food at times. but there is no shortage of western flags. "

And when there are such shortages .... who do they come running to for supplies ??
Yve
Old 16 February 2006, 10:28 AM
||VaNDaL||
Scooby Regular

Location: I am lost. I have gone to find myself, if I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait.

Originally Posted by Apparition
"just one aspect surprises me throughout the whole of the world of islam - it appears that there are shortages in medical supplies, electrical and technical supplies, basic utilities and all sorts, even food at times. but there is no shortage of western flags. "

And when there are such shortages .... who do they come running to for supplies ??
Yve
what we send them more flags?????

Old 16 February 2006, 10:33 AM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

watched on the news the other night about a muslim leader form the UK somewhere went to Pakistan with a film crew and filmed a muslim village that cost 4k a month to run, this is in the aftermath of the earthquake.

He wants to highlight the suffering and wants more aid and money from the UK to pay for these poor muslims.

Now to me I personally think teh UK gives more than enough aid to the 3rd world and also takes in more than its fair share of asylum seekers inspite of the way the Muslims treat us and after the protests of the last month which are still going on I think he has a down right cheek to expect us to bail out these muslims again.

That was really badly written but I hope you get my point.
Old 16 February 2006, 10:50 AM
Mungo
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

I find it very hard to understand why certain parts of the Muslim world believe that "the West" has something against them. AFAIK, NATO forces intervened in both Bosnia and Kosovo to stop the persecution of Muslims. We sent hundreds of millions of pounds in aid after the earthquake in Pakistan (a Muslim country), and after the tsunami to Indonesia (another Muslim country). We have Muslim MPs, judges, etc in this country - they have rights equal to every other citizen, believers in whatever faith, and indeed believers in none. The UK is not anti-Muslim, but we do have problems with some countries (e.g. Iran), but it's not because they're Muslim, it's because we don't agree with their regimes. We don't really like North Korea, but they're not Muslim. Nor do we seem to be getting on particularly well with Venezuala right now - again, a non-Muslim country.
Am I alone in finding this frustrating?
Old 16 February 2006, 10:54 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mungo
I find it very hard to understand why certain parts of the Muslim world believe that "the West" has something against them. AFAIK, NATO forces intervened in both Bosnia and Kosovo to stop the persecution of Muslims. We sent hundreds of millions of pounds in aid after the earthquake in Pakistan (a Muslim country), and after the tsunami to Indonesia (another Muslim country). We have Muslim MPs, judges, etc in this country - they have rights equal to every other citizen, believers in whatever faith, and indeed believers in none. The UK is not anti-Muslim, but we do have problems with some countries (e.g. Iran), but it's not because they're Muslim, it's because we don't agree with their regimes. We don't really like North Korea, but they're not Muslim. Nor do we seem to be getting on particularly well with Venezuala right now - again, a non-Muslim country.
No you are not alone and yes it is frustrating and some good points well raised!
Old 16 February 2006, 04:00 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Perhaps jealousy plays a bigger part than we may think ?
Old 16 February 2006, 05:18 PM
redwrx
Scooby Regular

maybe, if they want to live here so much, they should 'all' come..!! and we can all move over there..... where its a lot warmer..!!!
Old 17 February 2006, 01:20 AM
AsifScoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Suresh
Three youths were arrested in the Dutch city of Utrecht yesterday for burning an English flag. The burning took place during a spontaneous demonstration by 60 members of the 'religion of peace' against the Danish Muhammed cartoons.

http://www.nu.nl/news.jsp?n=675711&c=12&rss
News link in Dutch only, sorry

I am as furious as hell , but refuse to stoop to the level of such dim unemployable peasants.

Suresh
Sorry Suresh, but your own level is pretty low. You absolutely cannot resist being a **** stirrer can you?

All religions claim to be peaceful, but people have killed in the name of all religons and are still doing so today.

Why haven't you carried out one of your famous research projects on all religious hatred crimes? Might be a bit too close to home, perhaps?

I wouldn't elaborate and make the sorts of comments you do, as I actually give a **** about whether my generalistic comments may offend people.

Just give it a rest!

Asif

Last edited by AsifScoob; 17 February 2006 at 05:01 PM.
Old 17 February 2006, 01:21 AM
AsifScoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fatscoobyfella

IDIOTS !!!
And you're SO clever!
Old 17 February 2006, 01:25 AM
AsifScoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ||VaNDaL||
what we send them more flags?????

The whole thing is obviously a conspiracy by the manufacturers of flags, to boost their sales.
Old 17 February 2006, 01:29 AM
AsifScoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Wurzel
watched on the news the other night about a muslim leader form the UK somewhere went to Pakistan with a film crew and filmed a muslim village that cost 4k a month to run, this is in the aftermath of the earthquake.

He wants to highlight the suffering and wants more aid and money from the UK to pay for these poor muslims.

Now to me I personally think teh UK gives more than enough aid to the 3rd world and also takes in more than its fair share of asylum seekers inspite of the way the Muslims treat us and after the protests of the last month which are still going on I think he has a down right cheek to expect us to bail out these muslims again.

I can see where you are coming from except one little thing - you refer to 'The Muslims' as if every single one of them is behaving in this way?

Sorry, but please do not tar me with the same brush as a bunch of nutcases and criminals, that is all I ask.

If so, I am happy to debate these issues with you or anyone else.

Asif
Old 17 February 2006, 01:50 AM
speye91
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AsifScoob
I can see where you are coming from except one little thing - you refer to 'The Muslims' as if every single one of them is behaving in this way?

Sorry, but please do not tar me with the same brush as a bunch of nutcases and criminals, that is all I ask.

If so, I am happy to debate these issues with you or anyone else.

Asif
dont treat muslims like they ..r ..all bad...who makes ur takeaways, who serves ur booze in the shops with a friendly smile ......its just the bad element .. the radicals that give them a bad name ROT IN JAIL HAMZA u deserve it
Old 17 February 2006, 01:54 AM
AsifScoob
Scooby Regular

I agree with what you say. It is frustrating. For ordinary people in this country I think its a big problem. I put a lot of it down to political manipulation, on both 'sides'.

We have a perception here in the UK that 'The Muslim World hates us'. I genuinely do not think that is the case. I am sure that there are those that do, but in the case of where my parents originate from - the Indian Sub continent, there is an awful lot of respect and affection for Britain and the British people.

So much of the way of life, infrastructures, systems etc were put in place during colonial times. The British education system, as an institution, still commands a lot of respect. This is from all of the peoples from that part of the World, not any particular faith. Of course no one really seems very interested in this sort of thing, bit boring for headlines.

Of course there are issues, one of them, IMO, seems to be how easily rabble roused people can be, for instance to burn a few flags (which actually seems a popular past time for some people)

Some people can be a little bit ignorant and choose to believe the first thing that they are told, without question. But I think this applies all over the World. Over here, we are now told that Iran is the new enemy, whereas it was Iraq before.

I dont really know the answers except that all people need to be a little more open minded, like yourself.

Asif

Last edited by AsifScoob; 17 February 2006 at 02:02 AM.
Old 17 February 2006, 01:56 AM
AsifScoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by speye91
dont treat muslims like they ..r ..all bad...who makes ur takeaways, who serves ur booze in the shops with a friendly smile ......its just the bad element .. the radicals that give them a bad name ROT IN JAIL HAMZA u deserve it
I agree with you.
Old 17 February 2006, 02:02 AM
speye91
Scooby Regular

respect our laws when in our country as most ppl would do when in another forien country wich alot ov muslims/shikes/jews do it is just the radical few that dont
Old 17 February 2006, 02:06 AM
speye91
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by speye91
respect our laws when in our country as most ppl would do when in another forien country wich alot ov muslims/shikes/jews do it is just the radical few that dont
think i worded that all wrong
Old 17 February 2006, 09:08 AM
GaryCat
Scooby Regular

I have a good friend who is a devout Muslim and he is as offended by the behavior of the flag-burners and the "behead the infidels" protesters as much as I am.

The situation seems similar to when a few violent football hooligans would create a bad name for all fans. They get all the press coverage and the foreign coverage stirs it up even more. Those so-called 'fans' would show a feverish and intimidating support for Millwall, England etc just as the militant Muslims show their misguided support for Islam.

So how do we weed out the bad ones? I was disappointed to hear from my friend that the Imams in moderate mosques just preach from the Qu'ran and do not attempt to educate the congregation in the ways of the west or encourage them to seek out the radial Muslims and shop them to the police.

Many Imams come from the Middle East or Pakistan just to preach, speaking only arabic in many cases, which can only make the Islamic population of the UK more insular and cut off from Western society.

Perhaps Asif can confirm or deny what goes on in Mosques, but if what my mate says is true, the Muslims are missing a great opportunity to educate themselves collectively on how they can co-exist with the people of the country in which they live.
Old 17 February 2006, 01:15 PM
skoobidude
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Wurzel

A little off subject but I'd just like to point out that Wurzel here recently suggested I write my posts in English.
There's plenty of mistakes in your own posts!
Plus I'm a little out of breath after reading the third paragraph mate.

Nick
Old 17 February 2006, 02:07 PM
vindaloo
Scooby Regular

IMO we didn't help in Kosovo because they needed our help. We (well the USA) went in because Milosevic (sp) stuck two fingers up at the EU and the USA and slighted lots of powerful people. Bosnia isn't a shining example of an intervention or peace keeping.

An awful lot is about power and influence. West is perceived as rich, powerful and influential. Global commerce, branding and advertising pushes western ideas into peoples' faces the world over.

Shame we can't have separate planets to play with really but unfortunately "Western Democracy" and the Muslim world have to co-exist in the same one.

IMO it's one thing to go off on one in your own back yard but people protesting and burning our flags in London, Amsterdam, Paris etc feels like I've got a group of thugs p*ssing about sh*tt*ng on my patio whilst the police eat a doughnut across the street.

J.
Old 17 February 2006, 02:16 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by skoobidude
A little off subject but I'd just like to point out that Wurzel here recently suggested I write my posts in English.
There's plenty of mistakes in your own posts!
Plus I'm a little out of breath after reading the third paragraph mate.

Nick
Don't worry I was out of breath writing it
Old 17 February 2006, 02:20 PM
Hol
Scooby Senior
Support Scoobynet!

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by vindaloo
IMO we didn't help in Kosovo because they needed our help. We (well the USA) went in because Milosevic (sp) stuck two fingers up at the EU and the USA and slighted lots of powerful people. Bosnia isn't a shining example of an intervention or peace keeping.

An awful lot is about power and influence. West is perceived as rich, powerful and influential. Global commerce, branding and advertising pushes western ideas into peoples' faces the world over.

Shame we can't have separate planets to play with really but unfortunately "Western Democracy" and the Muslim world have to co-exist in the same one.

IMO it's one thing to go off on one in your own back yard but people protesting and burning our flags in London, Amsterdam, Paris etc feels like I've got a group of thugs p*ssing about sh*tt*ng on my patio whilst the police eat a doughnut across the street.

J.

Just for the record??

IMO = In my (your) Opinion?

I only ask as I wanted to make sure that you were not part of any uninformed and unelected campaign group that masquerades as a butch of experts with full research at their finger tips..

Just an individual with their own opinion?
Old 17 February 2006, 02:35 PM
RedFive
Scooby Regular

Perspective:

Total number of protesters: 60
Number of times the guys that burned a flag were seen in a mosque: 0
Old 17 February 2006, 05:00 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

::