another injured in the line of duty

Search this Thread

Old 14 February 2006, 08:57 AM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default another injured in the line of duty

http://newsbox.msn.co.uk/article.asp...=5&ml=ma&lc=en

Once again another of our finest injured in the line of duty.

how many more have to die or be seriously injured before this lot in power wake up and do something, aside from the woefull knee jerk reaction to a previous event

Mart
Old 14 February 2006, 09:16 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Angry

But they banned all firearms so how on earth can this happen?

How can criminals have got hold of firearms if they are banned, it is just not possible!

Perhaps this is some sort of Conservative trick and dig at Labours tough on crime, tough on the causes of crime soundbite.

Sympathies to the family of this brave woman.

Guns are a way of life for some or even a fashon accessory to others. Easy to buy easy to use.
Banning did nothing to the illegal arms trade. Shock horro - Criminals tends to operate outside the law so a ban meant nothing. Maybe someone should tell the government this but would there be any point

Guns easily bought into the UK by the same people who traffic people and drugs and maybe even terrorism.

Our borders and security are a joke and we are an island FFS!

Government needs to wake up to this, it is just putting two and two together and coming up with four nothing clever.

Better security

clamp down on the importers & trafficers and stiff sentences for this crime.

much tougher sentencing.

It seems the only people who do not have access to guns are the general law abiding public!

Last edited by The Zohan; 14 February 2006 at 09:20 AM.
Old 14 February 2006, 09:35 AM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

The criminal gang who shot her are probably used to lawlessness in their home country, and simply dont think anything about shooting her.

As per usual they'll eventually find the killer, but simply give them a few years behind bars then theyre back on the streets.

They should be instantly deported on release - but no they cant be because they'll claim "political asylum" so cant be sent home incase they get hurt
Old 14 February 2006, 09:56 AM
Dracoro
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Petem95
The criminal gang who shot her are probably used to lawlessness in their home country, and simply dont think anything about shooting her.

As per usual they'll eventually find the killer, but simply give them a few years behind bars then theyre back on the streets.

They should be instantly deported on release - but no they cant be because they'll claim "political asylum" so cant be sent home incase they get hurt
????? Is there something you know that the police and media don't? I don't see ANY reference to the origin of the suspects whatsoever.
Old 14 February 2006, 09:56 AM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

PMSL at the irony if they're Brits - "probably used to lawlessness in their home country".
Old 14 February 2006, 10:35 AM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dracoro
????? Is there something you know that the police and media don't? I don't see ANY reference to the origin of the suspects whatsoever.
Exactly, which is always a sure-fire bet that theyre black or asian. If they were white the Police would instantly release details of the suspects - if they arent then its considered un-PC so they'll quietly release details at a later date..
Old 14 February 2006, 10:41 AM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

Exactly, which is always a sure-fire bet that theyre black or asian. If they were white the Police would instantly release details of the suspects - if they arent then its considered un-PC so they'll quietly release details at a later date..
Don't forget we are now overrun by Eastern Europeans as well who enjoy doing this sort of stuff.
Old 14 February 2006, 10:44 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Originally Posted by KiwiGTI
Don't forget we are now overrun by Eastern Europeans as well who enjoy doing this sort of stuff.
Come on chaps!, lets just wait and see shall we, this thread stands a good chance of getting locked if it is puctuated with rumours and what could easily be interpreted as racist innuendo.

It is a serious subject - Police woman was seriously injured in the line of duty. Lets not cheapen that.

Last edited by The Zohan; 14 February 2006 at 11:33 AM.
Old 14 February 2006, 11:20 AM
Dracoro
Scooby Regular

So the SN kangaroo court has concluded that the pepetrators are black, asian or white. You've forgotton the orientals.

Maybe it could just be that they don't know yet one way or another. You chaps on the other hand have already come to your own conclusions.
Old 14 February 2006, 11:35 AM
penfold118
Scooby Regular

I moved away from Lenton about 4 months ago and lived less than a minute away from the shooting ( behind the old raleigh factory ), have now moved into the center of Notts. I used to walk home after work 11pm and i wouldnt describe the area as bad ( well not by Nottingham standards !), its a fairly lively student area. Gun crime in notts seems to becoming an every day occurrence.
Old 14 February 2006, 05:38 PM
_Meridian_
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm sorry, but I missed the point in that story which said the shooter was foreign? Even by SN standards, blaming it on immigrants by post #3 is pretty good.

And for the last ****ing time, the law brought in after Dunblane was NOT intended to get guns off the street, it was intended to prevent "spree" shootings - which this was not.

M
Old 14 February 2006, 05:56 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by _Meridian_

And for the last ****ing time, the law brought in after Dunblane was NOT intended to get guns off the street, it was intended to prevent "spree" shootings - which this was not.

M
Well that's ok then because there are a damn site more firearms 'on the street' than 10 or so years ago!
Little has really been done to prevent firarms beigb bougfht into and used in this country by criminals either. This is not aimed at the Police BTW!
Old 14 February 2006, 08:49 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

I'm sorry, but I missed the point in that story which said the shooter was foreign? Even by SN standards, blaming it on immigrants by post #3 is pretty good.

M
No amount of legislation will prevent scum from doing this, all db managed to do was outlaw many legal and normal gun owners from following their sport or hobby. What billy bleedin heart failed to grasp, was that if you remove one route, others will spring up, sadly its the crims who now seem to have easier access to them.

Prehaps some effective detterants would have or could have gone some way to address the situation,

one one hand I can see the tragicness of the situation, a serving officer is shot on a routine call, yet 7 days earlier a potential bomber is on the streets and not a thing done to stop him.

we really have lost all sense of what is acceptable risk

mart
Old 14 February 2006, 09:23 PM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

True, but certain crimes have "footprints" that would allow you to make an educated guess as to who was behind it. An overwhelming majority of gun-crime in the UK is done by the black community (http://www.met.police.uk/trident/index.htm)

And the majority of illegal firearms come in from Eastern Europe (Old Yugoslavia etc)
Old 14 February 2006, 10:19 PM
budgie55
Scooby Regular

Its a shame this kind of thing happens, but I dont think arming all police with guns is the answer. Not all burglars carry guns I'm sure. Arming police with guns as standard is sure to do only one thing, make sure ALL criminals also carry a gun.
As some rightly pointed out, you will never stamp out this sort of crime. Sad fact of the matter is there will always be someone who gets shot in some crime at some time. What I find disturbing is the fact that the law doesn't seem to want to protect the people in their homes etc, if someone breaks in my car or house I have no right to bat them round the head should I feel brave enough to do it.
What is likely to happen is I get sued by the person entering my property illegally. The worlds going mad!

Pity about the earlier racial comments despite no evidence pointing to the colour or race of the perp or perps. Its people who come out with those types of comments who are fueling all the racial hatred recently.

Allan
Old 14 February 2006, 11:07 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by budgie55

Pity about the earlier racial comments despite no evidence pointing to the colour or race of the perp or perps. Its people who come out with those types of comments who are fueling all the racial hatred recently.

Allan

unfortunatly those comments you refer to are sadly becomming the norm.

lets face it i dont think the UK would have naturally developed into a gangsta culture or start to look at our newer members if there wasnt some fuel behind it.

Like it or not we have started to see some of the problems endemic to other nations, arriving here, what is lacking is the response from our incumbent gov, to do anything effective about it.

if i recall we are one of the last countrys to have armed police, unfortunatly non lethal weps are just that, its like going up against a tank and pointing your fingers and going bang bang. they fire real rounds!!

prehaps now is the time to remove the gloves and call it straight.

tell people, if you go armed, you are a legitimate target and will be subject to lethal force.

and give some effective sentancing to those who do go armed. 5 years, you get more for rape ffs

Mart
Old 15 February 2006, 07:25 AM
_Meridian_
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

True, but certain crimes have "footprints" that would allow you to make an educated guess as to who was behind it. An overwhelming majority of gun-crime in the UK is done by the black community (http://www.met.police.uk/trident/index.htm)

And the majority of illegal firearms come in from Eastern Europe (Old Yugoslavia etc)

So the majority of gun crime in London being committed by blacks means a shooting in Nottingham must have been committed by one? That's your logic? No, you are still making racist assumptions. The shooter might well be black, but might equally be white or Indian. They might be ex-Eastern Bloc, or they might be a fully paid up member of the BNP. Until we find out, assuming the nationality/ethnic background of the perp on the basis of a simplified set of statistics is at best silly.

M
Old 15 February 2006, 08:29 AM
brihoppy
Scooby Regular

So the majority of gun crime in London being committed by blacks means a shooting in Nottingham must have been committed by one? That's your logic? No, you are still making racist assumptions. The shooter might well be black, but might equally be white or Indian. They might be ex-Eastern Bloc, or they might be a fully paid up member of the BNP. Until we find out, assuming the nationality/ethnic background of the perp on the basis of a simplified set of statistics is at best silly.

M
chances are its not a white, taxpaying, middle aged family man though...!!!
Old 15 February 2006, 09:01 AM
Steve vRS
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by brihoppy
chances are its not a white, taxpaying, middle aged family man though...!!!
chances are its not a black, taxpaying, middle aged family man though...!!!

or

chances are its not an asian, taxpaying, middle aged family man though...!!!

Steve
Old 15 February 2006, 09:14 AM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

So the majority of gun crime in London being committed by blacks means a shooting in Nottingham must have been committed by one? That's your logic? No, you are still making racist assumptions.

M
Isn't Nottingham notorious for it's gun culture and drug crime? From what I read in Kiwis post that you posted he didnt mention the "certainty" that the crims were black, merely speculated they were due to the occurance of this type of crime and the liklehood they were black. IIRC most drug crimes in Nottingham are perputrated by members of the "black community" ( a fairly stupid label in itself). IMHO it's not a racist assumption at all.
Old 15 February 2006, 10:37 AM
brihoppy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Steve Sherwen
chances are its not a black, taxpaying, middle aged family man though...!!!

or

chances are its not an asian, taxpaying, middle aged family man though...!!!

Steve
fair point, and i accept that...all ill say is that would anyone be surprised if this/these indivduals are not of white, british descent...?

what are the chances that its immigrants or something to do with the 'gangsta' culture thats developing in this country...as disturbing as it is, i sincerely hope it wasnt an ordinary burglar...how scary is it to think your average burglar is going equipped with a firearm...???
Old 15 February 2006, 10:51 AM
Dracoro
Scooby Regular

fair point, and i accept that...all ill say is that would anyone be surprised if this/these indivduals are not of white, british descent...?

what are the chances that its immigrants or something to do with the 'gangsta' culture thats developing in this country...as disturbing as it is, i sincerely hope it wasnt an ordinary burglar...how scary is it to think your average burglar is going equipped with a firearm...???
If he had a gun then he wouldn't be an 'ordinary burglar'. I hope you're not insinuating that white burglars are 'ordinary burglars' and non-whites are the gun weilding ganster. As you can see, you're leading yourself open to mis-interpretation

The fact is, we don't know what race/ethnic background etc. the perpetrator was. You can make assumptions all you like but what's the point?
Old 15 February 2006, 10:55 AM
brihoppy
Scooby Regular

If he had a gun then he wouldn't be an 'ordinary burglar'. I hope you're not insinuating that white burglars are 'ordinary burglars' and non-whites are the gun weilding ganster. As you can see, you're leading yourself open to mis-interpretation

The fact is, we don't know what race/ethnic background etc. the perpetrator was. You can make assumptions all you like but what's the point?
no, no...im not differentiating there...im saying i think itll be even more terrible if burglars, whoever they are, take to arming themselves with guns...especially if its as a result of the 'gangsta' culture that these idiots think is so cool...

and yeah, i admit i might be making massive presumptions which i try normally to avoid, but the level of crime in this country is just p*ssing me right off at the moment...and i guarantee this, deport every single immigrant, and youd reduce crime in the uk dramatically...

just leaves us to deal with our own scumbags then...
Old 15 February 2006, 10:58 AM
Dracoro
Scooby Regular

and yeah, i admit i might be making massive presumptions which i try normally to avoid, but the level of crime in this country is just p*ssing me right off at the moment...and i guarantee this, deport every single immigrant, and youd reduce crime in the uk dramatically...
Deport every 'non'-immigrants and you'll see even greater crime reduction!
Old 15 February 2006, 11:07 AM
brihoppy
Scooby Regular

Deport every 'non'-immigrants and you'll see even greater crime reduction!
interesting...erm, deport us from our own country...?!

i know what youre trying to say...and ive stated on similar threads that ive got no issue whatsoever with any legal immigrants that make a significant, legal contribution to the nation...

of course we have more scumbags than immigrants here, and they need dealing with also...but if were going to have a criminal element, at least let them be reasonably indigenous...
Old 15 February 2006, 07:32 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

seems that the papers are touting the word B.... regarding the description of the alleged killer..

not exactly an unknown guess i,d say

Mart
Old 15 February 2006, 10:49 PM
Chris5-0
Scooby Regular

This really is bad news, looking at the picture of her she looks really young.

The usual knee jerk reactions have come out again about arming all cops but this will never happen, the furthest i can ever see them going is issuing tasers to all and i think thats still a way off. Too many 'innocent' people complaining about getting CS gassed while getting arrested, or getting batoned whilst 'innocently' going about their business.

The sad fact is that even if she was carrying a sidearm she wouldn't have, a. had cause to draw as it was just a normal routine stop, or b. had time to draw and fire a round fast enough (for an example we fire one round from the holster in our training and get 3 seconds and thats quite tight).

So it's less about arming more cops and more about giving them protection that works (body armour that covers bits that need covering) and letting those of us who can really get into those carrying, dealing in and using firearms with the speed and force neccessary.

Best thing you can do?

Support us when we go after these people.

My best wishes go to out to both her and her family.

Chris.
Old 15 February 2006, 11:28 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Chris5-0
This really is bad news, looking at the picture of her she looks really young.

The usual knee jerk reactions have come out again about arming all cops but this will never happen, the furthest i can ever see them going is issuing tasers to all and i think thats still a way off. Too many 'innocent' people complaining about getting CS gassed while getting arrested, or getting batoned whilst 'innocently' going about their business.

The sad fact is that even if she was carrying a sidearm she wouldn't have, a. had cause to draw as it was just a normal routine stop, or b. had time to draw and fire a round fast enough (for an example we fire one round from the holster in our training and get 3 seconds and thats quite tight).

So it's less about arming more cops and more about giving them protection that works (body armour that covers bits that need covering) and letting those of us who can really get into those carrying, dealing in and using firearms with the speed and force neccessary.

Best thing you can do?

Support us when we go after these people.

My best wishes go to out to both her and her family.

Chris.
eek at least you have some body armour,, at a last check, flesh wasnt to good at stopping rounds...

lets try a deal,

we,ll give you support , but anyone who gets caught by the homeowner burglarising, is fair game for whatever force they use.

and silly nicking of victims cos the wussy crim says so stops!!

Mart
Old 15 February 2006, 11:32 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Question

but if were going to have a criminal element, at least let them be reasonably indigenous...
Why? What difference does their passport make?
Old 17 February 2006, 08:26 AM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Well the details of the suspect are out....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/n...re/4722884.stm

Quick Reply: another injured in the line of duty