Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Eeeek no thanks Capital 1

Search this Thread

Old 11 February 2006, 09:48 PM
Simon C
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eeeek no thanks Capital 1

Just been asked to apply for a Capital 1 "classic card". Was in the market for a credit card, but not 1 with an APR of 29.9%!!!!!!

I know I have 1 blip on my credit record but 29.9% ouch!!!!
Old 11 February 2006, 09:54 PM
Stueyb
Scooby Regular

Thats nothing mate, I got junk mail from "vanquish" credit offering me a card at 65.9% APR
Old 11 February 2006, 09:56 PM
Simon C
Scooby Regular

Old 11 February 2006, 10:13 PM
carl
Scooby Regular

I reckon you're in trouble. You can tell your financial standing by the credit card applications that come through the post.

When you're getting stuff for platinum cards, £12000 credit limits, etc. you're doing OK. When you start getting into **** you get "Classic Card" type offers, with a credit limit of "up to £1000". You're really in the **** if you start getting ones offering you £500 of credit to rebuild your credit history...
Old 11 February 2006, 10:26 PM
boxst
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by carl
I reckon you're in trouble. You can tell your financial standing by the credit card applications that come through the post.

When you're getting stuff for platinum cards, £12000 credit limits, etc. you're doing OK. When you start getting into **** you get "Classic Card" type offers, with a credit limit of "up to £1000". You're really in the **** if you start getting ones offering you £500 of credit to rebuild your credit history...
Hello

It depends what kind of things you fill in on the internet. I have started to enter competitions quite a lot and I get all sorts of rubbish through the post: Loans at the bargain 13%+ etc ...

Steve
Old 12 February 2006, 12:15 AM
2000TLondon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by carl

Completely untrue, as the comapnies can't look at your credit file without your express consent. These days anyone with a job can have a platinum card and people like Capital One canvas millions in the hope a percentage will be daft /desperate enough to accept, good credit or not.
Old 12 February 2006, 12:51 PM
Simon C
Scooby Regular

Well I ain't daft enough. I know I'm not perfect in the credit dept from my uni days, but its only 1 blip, now fully settled, but still there worst luck.

I'm not desperate either, it could just come in usefull for a little trip I'm planning later this year.
Old 12 February 2006, 03:07 PM
2000TLondon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Simon C
Well I ain't daft enough. I know I'm not perfect in the credit dept from my uni days, but its only 1 blip, now fully settled, but still there worst luck.

I'm not desperate either, it could just come in usefull for a little trip I'm planning later this year.
You can view your credit file and check that the "blip" has been removed. It can happen that you are still getting iffy credit reports as it hasn't been removed when it should have been. The credit file companies (experian, equifax etc) will send you a report for two pounds, and give you contact details of anyone you have ever owed, who you can contact to get the blip removed.
Old 12 February 2006, 03:51 PM
Simon C
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 2000TLondon
You can view your credit file and check that the "blip" has been removed. It can happen that you are still getting iffy credit reports as it hasn't been removed when it should have been. The credit file companies (experian, equifax etc) will send you a report for two pounds, and give you contact details of anyone you have ever owed, who you can contact to get the blip removed.
It will be there till 2007 unfortunatly. Its cos I got a credit report I found it. Still no one to blame but myself.

Thats a point they still haven't sent me the new 1 I requested. mmm job for tomorrow I think.
Old 12 February 2006, 04:08 PM
apples24
Scooby Regular

get the card use it for few months pay in full each month then your on your way, hence they call it the credit rebuilding card