ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Eeeek no thanks Capital 1 (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/491724-eeeek-no-thanks-capital-1-a.html)

Simon C 11 February 2006 09:48 PM

Eeeek no thanks Capital 1

Just been asked to apply for a Capital 1 "classic card". Was in the market for a credit card, but not 1 with an APR of 29.9%!!!!!!

I know I have 1 blip on my credit record but 29.9% ouch!!!!:wonder:

Stueyb 11 February 2006 09:54 PM

Thats nothing mate, I got junk mail from "vanquish" credit offering me a card at 65.9% APR :eek2:

Simon C 11 February 2006 09:56 PM

:eek2:

carl 11 February 2006 10:13 PM

I reckon you're in trouble. You can tell your financial standing by the credit card applications that come through the post.

When you're getting stuff for platinum cards, £12000 credit limits, etc. you're doing OK. When you start getting into sh1t you get "Classic Card" type offers, with a credit limit of "up to £1000". You're really in the sh1t if you start getting ones offering you £500 of credit to rebuild your credit history... :eek:

boxst 11 February 2006 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by carl
I reckon you're in trouble. You can tell your financial standing by the credit card applications that come through the post.

When you're getting stuff for platinum cards, £12000 credit limits, etc. you're doing OK. When you start getting into sh1t you get "Classic Card" type offers, with a credit limit of "up to £1000". You're really in the sh1t if you start getting ones offering you £500 of credit to rebuild your credit history... :eek:

Hello

It depends what kind of things you fill in on the internet. I have started to enter competitions quite a lot and I get all sorts of rubbish through the post: Loans at the bargain 13%+ etc ...

Steve

2000TLondon 12 February 2006 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by carl

Completely untrue, as the comapnies can't look at your credit file without your express consent. These days anyone with a job can have a platinum card and people like Capital One canvas millions in the hope a percentage will be daft /desperate enough to accept, good credit or not.

Simon C 12 February 2006 12:51 PM

Well I ain't daft enough. I know I'm not perfect in the credit dept from my uni days, but its only 1 blip, now fully settled, but still there worst luck.

I'm not desperate either, it could just come in usefull for a little trip I'm planning later this year.

2000TLondon 12 February 2006 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Simon C
Well I ain't daft enough. I know I'm not perfect in the credit dept from my uni days, but its only 1 blip, now fully settled, but still there worst luck.

I'm not desperate either, it could just come in usefull for a little trip I'm planning later this year.

You can view your credit file and check that the "blip" has been removed. It can happen that you are still getting iffy credit reports as it hasn't been removed when it should have been. The credit file companies (experian, equifax etc) will send you a report for two pounds, and give you contact details of anyone you have ever owed, who you can contact to get the blip removed.

Nat 12 February 2006 03:09 PM

Capital One's latest mail shot i got was offering 0% until May 2007 - not bad i thought if anyone needs to transfer a balance and save some £'s. Think the standard rate was 14.9% which is about the norm i think?

Simon C 12 February 2006 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by 2000TLondon
You can view your credit file and check that the "blip" has been removed. It can happen that you are still getting iffy credit reports as it hasn't been removed when it should have been. The credit file companies (experian, equifax etc) will send you a report for two pounds, and give you contact details of anyone you have ever owed, who you can contact to get the blip removed.

It will be there till 2007 unfortunatly. Its cos I got a credit report I found it. Still no one to blame but myself.

Thats a point they still haven't sent me the new 1 I requested. mmm job for tomorrow I think.

apples24 12 February 2006 04:08 PM

get the card use it for few months pay in full each month then your on your way, hence they call it the credit rebuilding card