Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Mobiles - Anyone gone from Nokia to Samsung

Search this Thread

Old 05 February 2006, 08:22 PM
skoobidude
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Mobiles - Anyone gone from Nokia to Samsung

Just had an upgrade yesterday from Nokia 6230 to Samsung D600. Although I have 2 weeks trial with this model there are some niggles already.

1. Sending texts seems to be more complicated than with my old phone. i.e. more clicks to actually "send"
2. No automatic capital letter after a fullstop during texting. (Although most of us mis-spell to shorten words anyway so what the hell)
3. No apostrophe character
4. The phone will erase texts that are half way typed if you shut the slider with a view to continuing later.
5. Setting a reminder in calandar is too complex. I use this function a lot on the Nokia as I forget things easily and find the alarm and brief reminder to be useful.

I'll give it the full 2 weeks and if I'm still not happy then I'll probably get another Nokia.

Otherwise, great phone, just getting used to it I suppose.

Nick
Old 05 February 2006, 08:54 PM
Fuzz
Scooby Regular

everything is on the oposite side of the keypad on a samsung, a right mare to get used to after nokia...
Hate the bloody things.

Andy
Old 05 February 2006, 09:24 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by skoobidude
Just had an upgrade yesterday from Nokia 6230 to Samsung D600. Although I have 2 weeks trial with this model there are some niggles already.

1. Sending texts seems to be more complicated than with my old phone. i.e. more clicks to actually "send"
2. No automatic capital letter after a fullstop during texting. (Although most of us mis-spell to shorten words anyway so what the hell)
3. No apostrophe character
4. The phone will erase texts that are half way typed if you shut the slider with a view to continuing later.
5. Setting a reminder in calandar is too complex. I use this function a lot on the Nokia as I forget things easily and find the alarm and brief reminder to be useful.

I'll give it the full 2 weeks and if I'm still not happy then I'll probably get another Nokia.

Otherwise, great phone, just getting used to it I suppose.

Nick
Just given my D500 to the wife.

texting.. pita!!! agreed more button presses than needed, but you can eliminte many of them by using the centre ok button to send, half the time its just confirming stuff.

the mrs agrees texting is more difficult than her old phone,

you can if i recall get the slider to take no action when you close it, not sure if it works on texts.

calander .. not too bad, but could never get the damm thing to sync with the pc,

ive gone back to SE texting is a dream, its dictionary actually remebers words!!

Mart
Old 05 February 2006, 09:32 PM
Scooby Soon!
Scooby Regular

ME:

6230 -> d500 -> 6230

My 6230 is THE ideal phone which is why I have had over 2 years, right size phone, right size buttons, easy for texting (nokia is better than any other phone), fast menus etc etc

i am waiting for Nokia to bring out a similar replacement but nothing yet except there giant symbian pieces of ****e!
Old 05 February 2006, 09:53 PM
GrahamG
Scooby Regular

Nokia all the way. So easy. The 6230i does me. Good pic's.. (for a phone) and ,akes great calls!! all i need!