Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

I'm a Car Park Grass

Search this Thread

Old 04 February 2006, 02:09 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face I'm a Car Park Grass

Waiting in the supermarket carpark today I watched a woman pull into a car parking space with entirely the wrong line - I could see she wasn't going to make it and watched in disbelief through my fingers as she carried on regardless. She contacted the rear bumper corner of a brand new peugeot severely enough to rock the whole car. Incredulously I watched her get out of the car, go around to the front of her own to inspect the damage she'd done to it, then walked off without another thought to the car she'd hit.

Five minutes later and I had left a discreet note under the victim's w/wiper with the details and my phone number.

Will they be able to make a claim from my evidence?
Old 04 February 2006, 02:23 PM
ru'
Scooby Regular

Hopefully - well done for doing that!
Old 04 February 2006, 02:23 PM
lightning101
Scooby Regular

Keeping Hitler youth alive
Old 04 February 2006, 02:25 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Arbeit macht frei.
Old 04 February 2006, 02:27 PM
The Rani
Scooby Regular

Good on ya, Bubba - someone did that to my car when I first got it and went off without a word .... could never prove who it was.
Old 04 February 2006, 02:29 PM
^OPM^
Scooby Regular

yes-a bloke at work came back other week to his BMW to find the drivers door dented in, after parking on a public carpark, under his windscreen was a note like yours from someone who had spotted a woman do the damage then drive off-he contacted the cops etc and now its going thro insurance to have a new door fitted-cops aren't doing anything to other woman tho as she said she didn't realise she had done any damage to his car-but at end of day her insurance company is forking out for damage.
Worst i saw was an old woman hit my car in a car park then pull back out and drive directly towards mine again till i banged on her car to stop her-then before i could do anything she aimed directly for car otherside as well-just managed to stop her in time before she hit that square on-when she got out of car-she said-"did i hit you?"-beggars believe she was allowed on road-yet i bet she is one of these old folk who proudly claim-been driving 50 years never had an accident yet-i dread to think how many she has caused tho!!
Old 04 February 2006, 02:30 PM
oobster
Scooby Regular

I say good on ya too - someone done this to the Mrs Pug 206 in Tesco's car-park and we weren't so lucky - no-one noticed, CCTV camera wasn't aimed in that direction.
Car needed a new quarter - total bill just over a grand but we had to pay £160 excess.
Old 04 February 2006, 02:33 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

There probably is still some paint exchanged so there may be a chance.
Old 04 February 2006, 02:50 PM
Alas
Scooby Regular

Right on - just what I would want someone to do for me if my car was hit.
People who do things like that deserve to get caught
Old 04 February 2006, 03:04 PM
TyPe~~R
Scooby Regular

Good on ya, we need more people to do the right thing. silly women who cant park want shooting
Old 04 February 2006, 03:41 PM
Huxley
Scooby Regular

Remind me to buy you a pint next time we meet Bubba
Old 04 February 2006, 03:44 PM
2000TLondon
Scooby Regular

Good for you. Some complete w@nker drove a scaffold lorry over my Impreza last summer.

Lost my NCB, lost the car for six weeks, had a crap repair by "recommended repairers" and couldn't trace the bloke. Had witnesses who said the POLICE were on site at the time manouvering him as he stuck against my car. The police had no records! No-one thought to take the registration or name of the lorry as the police were there.

Wish you were!!!!
Old 04 February 2006, 03:47 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Well done

Chip
Old 04 February 2006, 03:57 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

anyone notice in all these cases it was a woman driving?

p.s. well done
Old 04 February 2006, 04:08 PM
Trashman
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by davegtt
anyone notice in all these cases it was a woman driving?

p.s. well done

Echo the Well Done . And yes it was a woman who hit my car and then parked about 10 rows away but luckily I had a guardian angel too. Top man - do it again if you get the chance. A minor scratch turned into a new door and a hire car for nearly 4 weeks so I expect the owner was very glad you left your details.
Old 04 February 2006, 04:08 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Thanks for all the good comments. No-one's phoned yet. It wouldn't surprise me if they hadn't waited until the offender returned and confronted her with the evidence and the note.
Old 04 February 2006, 04:13 PM
douglasb
Scooby Regular

Old 04 February 2006, 04:59 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Nice one Billy.

I did the same in August, only I told the girl when she got back to her car because she had great títs.

It was a week old 206 but she didn't appear that bothered about the 4 inch crease in her rear door.

Still do it again though.
Old 04 February 2006, 05:10 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Good on ya, i would do the same and would like to think other people would to, comes back to people respecting others.
Old 04 February 2006, 05:19 PM
_RIP_
BANNED

I'm afraid I would, and have taken a different tact. I would have approached the silly cow and told her I was taking her details unless she waited for the person to come back. But good on you Bubba
Old 04 February 2006, 05:35 PM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

Top marks - I'd want someone to do the same if someone hit my car - in fact, if I hit someone elses car or dented their door I'd go into the supermarket and get them to announce it so I could sort it out with the other person rather than just hoping I get away with it like most people seem to do.

My cars bodywork is pretty much mint apart from door dings done in car parks - is it really impossible for these people to open their doors slowly, or is it they just cant realise when they are parked close to another car ?

Makes you wonder though, if these people cant get into a parking space safely at 2 mph in a supermarket car park, what the hell are they like travelling at faster speeds on the open road !
Old 04 February 2006, 05:40 PM
scoob_babe
Scooby Regular

Location: Nobody knows how to tie the simple knots that I know

Well somebody restored our faith in human nature in supermarket carparks last week! We were walking across and noticed an A4 abandoned out of a space at a weird angle and 2 guys chatting. When we walked back towards the store the car was still there and we'd noticed that the driver had well and truly missed the space and gone straight into another A4 who was perfectly parked. Got in the store to grab a paper and bacon and there were at least 4 announcements over the PA system for the driver of the parked Audi to contact Cust Services - good to see someone bothered to make the effort to sort it out!
Old 04 February 2006, 05:52 PM
stiscooby
Scooby Regular

This sort of thing really ****'s me off. My old car was bumped 3 separate times, all of which whoever done it drove off.

Once it was in the works car park and while I was out someone from the office next door spotted I woman (again!!) reversing and hit my rear bumper doing some damage, but the person who saw it happen came and told me but never thought to get the reg number!

People these days just don't give a sh!te about other peoples property. Makes you think there is no point in having a nice car but then on the other hand why should you let other people dictate what car you have.

Well done on leaving a note though. My Bro and his mate done a similar thing few weeks back, some woman basically drove down the side of someone’s car in a car park, so much so that one side of her car actually lifted up in the air!!! She just drove off too!! My bro and his mate left a note though
Old 04 February 2006, 06:03 PM
Chip Sengravy
BANNED

Would it not have been much more satisfying to tell the gormless bint that you had seen the whole escapade, and would be making sure the owner of the damaged car would be getting her details?

Old 04 February 2006, 06:31 PM
Daz34
Scooby Regular

Well done Bubba.
I did something similar a couple of months ago.
Funnily enough it was another woman driver
Old 04 February 2006, 06:47 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Chip Sengravy
Would it not have been much more satisfying to tell the gormless bint that you had seen the whole escapade, and would be making sure the owner of the damaged car would be getting her details?

One of my personal rules is to never get involved in an altercation with a brassy, scummy woman in public. They can slag off, scream, swear and carry on to International standard.The shame would have been unbearable.
Old 04 February 2006, 06:51 PM
kbsub
Scooby Regular

I shopped a woman in Asda carpark(Killingbeck) last year and told security who put a call out for the owner of the damaged car , She wasn't going to say anything if I hadn't have shopped her ....Might teach her a lesson on how to park properly
Old 04 February 2006, 07:02 PM
Robbie T
Scooby Regular

Three seperate cases in one thread all involving peugoet's, is there seperatist anti-pug group forming
Old 04 February 2006, 07:06 PM
Chip Sengravy
BANNED

Originally Posted by Bubba po
One of my personal rules is to never get involved in an altercation with a brassy, scummy woman in public.
Enough about the muppet meets

Quick Reply: I'm a Car Park Grass