Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Sky digibox warranty co's pestering - words of warning

Search this Thread

Old 30 January 2006, 04:14 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Sky digibox warranty co's pestering - words of warning

We have had several upgrades digibox wise as we have had a run of faulty boxes, the latest one is just 3 months old god bless it!

for the last two monthWe keep being pestered by two companies who want us to take out a warranty on the box. on average we get tso letters a week. I just bin them!

This is not an option for me, if the box packs up then i call Sky and they send a new one.

Two weeks ago i get a call from some poor telesale bod trying to sell me the warranty. I explained that i would not be taking it up.

Today another call. ....with regards to your sky digibox we are following up on your warranty just to confirm the details for payment.

I asked for a name of the person and the company name and the line went dead!

I called sky to complain. I always tick the marketing/passing stuff onto 3rd patys box on any paperwork, we are x directory and TPS reg so Sky have taken a fecking liberty passing/selling our details on.

Be warned, these companies can be decietful!

I called Sky to have a moan and report the shady way i was handled because of them and guess what i was put in a cue and the announcment stated call answer times are likely to be 55mins - 55MINS FFS!

I will look into freeview now, getting a bit tired of Sky and its '**** you' attitude!
Old 30 January 2006, 04:20 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
I will look into freeview now, getting a bit tired of Sky and its '**** you' attitude!
When you ring to cancel, they'll probably give you the full package for free for a month.

They'll do it every time apparently. Guy at work went to cancel his full package and they offered it to him for half price for 3 months or something like that anyway.