Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Nightmares

Search this Thread

Old 20 January 2006, 12:47 PM
Apparition
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nightmares

Probably inviting some flack here, but for a long time now I've been experiencing weird events whilst dropping off to sleep. Not exactly nightmares but very clear "Faces" coming at me . Last night's was a chinese woman, the other week it was an alien (Put this down to watching a sci fi prog before bed). Trouble is, they are so real ! And I end up screaming blue murder and scaring the holy sh1te out of t'other half.
NO I don't do drugs, NO I don't drink copiuos amounts of booze, NO I don't eat cheese before bed,No I'm not under any particular stress to speak of.
Its been happening for years now, used to be a black hooded figure approaching across the room, but now its clear faces, of people I've never even met. Only happens once in every few months but it sure as hell scares me and subsequently him too. He spent the rest of last night downstairs on the 'puter.
Yve
Old 20 January 2006, 12:50 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

The Grim Reaper is coming for you

Seriously though. Try drinking more, never dream when Ive been drinking, fast asleep when the head goes down Failing that, try to stay awake more
Old 20 January 2006, 01:04 PM
Apparition
Scooby Regular

You jest but thats exactly what he/she used to look like ...flipping freaked me out the first time....
Yve
Old 20 January 2006, 01:12 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Dreams and nightmares are the reflection of your feelings and anxieties you may be going through in your subconscious/unconscious mind.
Each school of psychology has its own perspective on the use and significance of dreaming.
Freud believed that dreams were manifestations of the unconscious mind.
The Gestalt theory emphasizes interpretation of the dream as a whole unit, and encourages interaction with and reliving of dreams in order to use them to improve one's life.
Cayce sees dreams as opportunities for spiritual growth and connections with previously unreachable aspects of one's personality (i.e., past lives).
Dreams are complicated aspects of psychology, since they are somewhat less accessible than other aspects of our personalities.
If you are worried about your nightmares,try every possible thing such as feeling positive,spending happy times and going to bed with happy thoughts.

With recurrent unexplainable dreams/nightmares,Gestalt approach of psychoanalysis have been proven to be very successful where the interpretation of a perticular dream/nightmare is insignificant but the person's mind producing these dreams is the subject to concentrate upon,rather than the cause,history etc etc.

Good luck
Old 20 January 2006, 08:12 PM
Apparition
Scooby Regular

Er, Thanks !
Yve Happy thoughts....happy thoughts .....happy thoughts ....ha.......
Old 20 January 2006, 08:23 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Well, if you hadn't mentioned "alien", I was gonna say, are you psychic
Old 20 January 2006, 08:29 PM
Spring Heeled Jack
Scooby Regular

Location: was he a creature, an alien, or a man wearing some strange costume and a hidden jumping apparatus

Originally Posted by Apparition
You jest but thats exactly what he/she used to look like ...flipping freaked me out the first time....
Yve

Old 20 January 2006, 08:35 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

'Last night's was a chinese woman'

Did you nod off in the chippy again ?
Old 20 January 2006, 08:39 PM
Martin_Aimless
Scooby Regular

Location: Weapons are like money; no one knows the meaning of enough. M.A.

I love a good dream. But you have to take the rough with the smooth.
Old 20 January 2006, 08:57 PM
paul w
Scooby Regular

I suffer from wierd dreams and nightmares,it was really bad when i worked on a farm, i would be working long hours combining in the summer and get home early hours of morning quick shower and tea then to bed and the fun began,i would sit up in bed looking for the light switches and controls and be driving into telegraph poles,ditches,not being able to shut the auger off and grain going everywhere etc,the wife used to wake up with oh no not again,try and wake me and i used to start shouting get the f==k out the way where the f==k are my lights etc,also would see the gaffer coming across the field and think jesus i've no clothes on so would get out of bed and start getting dressed while still asleep.

Makes me laugh now but really did my head in at the time and thats one of the reasons i packed farming in after 18 years.
Old 20 January 2006, 09:00 PM
paul w
Scooby Regular

Forgot to add,i've got a nice short video that will help you sleep ;-) leave you email add in post if you want to see it.
Old 20 January 2006, 09:02 PM
Fuzz
Scooby Regular

Have you tried to say hello to the faces instead of screaming

No seriously, try to "face" up to them (sorry pun not intended) and see what happens.

Make sure you wake up before he swings the Scythe though

Andy
Old 20 January 2006, 09:05 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I suggest you go and rent the Ring and the Ring 2, that will help you sleep....

Or come to terms with the fact you are mortal, say f*ck it, bring it on and get on with it, that was about 6 years ago, coincidentally around 30 years of age,

Thats when my mad dreams stopped.
Old 20 January 2006, 10:16 PM
Cenobite
Scooby Regular

Embrace the fear. Fear is vitalising.
Old 20 January 2006, 10:56 PM
Apparition
Scooby Regular

Special thanks to SH Jack.
And thanks to you all......... hey ho here we go....... wonder what nationality it will be tonight? Maybe I'll take your advice and try to engage said apparition (No pun intended) in conversation. Perhaps I should change my screen name ? Maybe someone out there disna like it ?
Yve
Nite
Old 21 January 2006, 12:02 AM
bob r
Scooby Regular

apparition.................. you scare me.
Old 21 January 2006, 02:17 PM
Apparition
Scooby Regular

Red face

Bob r ...... I scare ME !
Yve
Old 21 January 2006, 03:28 PM
Chip Sengravy
BANNED

Originally Posted by Turbohot
Dreams and nightmares are the reflection of your feelings and anxieties you may be going through in your subconscious/unconscious mind.
Each school of psychology has its own perspective on the use and significance of dreaming.
Freud believed that dreams were manifestations of the unconscious mind.
The Gestalt theory emphasizes interpretation of the dream as a whole unit, and encourages interaction with and reliving of dreams in order to use them to improve one's life.
Cayce sees dreams as opportunities for spiritual growth and connections with previously unreachable aspects of one's personality (i.e., past lives).
Dreams are complicated aspects of psychology, since they are somewhat less accessible than other aspects of our personalities.
If you are worried about your nightmares,try every possible thing such as feeling positive,spending happy times and going to bed with happy thoughts.

With recurrent unexplainable dreams/nightmares,Gestalt approach of psychoanalysis have been proven to be very successful where the interpretation of a perticular dream/nightmare is insignificant but the person's mind producing these dreams is the subject to concentrate upon,rather than the cause,history etc etc.

Good luck
Sometimes Swati, your command of the English language never fails to amaze me.

Old 21 January 2006, 05:47 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

None of the characters in the dreams have knives for fingers do they??

And when you get injured in your dreams, do you wake up with the injuries??
Old 21 January 2006, 06:11 PM
Chip Sengravy
BANNED

I had a strange dream the other night, quite disturbing really I was there, but I *wasn't*, as nobody in the dream could see me, yet I could see everything that was going on in close proximity. I was stood on a mountain road, in somewhere like greece or spain, high up on a bend that had no road barrier, looking out over the scene with the mountain behind me. There was a naked woman stood looking over the edge, just minding her own business.

Next thing some people just appeared, and grabbed this woman and held her by the arms,and she started screaming. Then a car screeched up ( a Mk 2 Astra Gti, IIRC ) and some guys got out and started to hack at this woman with a big knife, but not a normal knife, like medevil type thing. They hacked and slashed at this woman, but there was no blood anywhere, she fell to the floor, and they got back in the car and went. Then the people ( men and women ) that had held this woman dragged her to the edge and kicked her over.....

Then I woke up in a major cold sweat, wide awake club . There was nothing I had watched or anything that day, that could make me relate to this dream. I think sometimes they just happen and your imagination runs wild. I had another one afterwards that was even more bizarre,( would take far too long to explain ) but with people in it that I knew. The only thing I could put it down to was having steak with stilton on it, with a bottle of vino for tea.

unless you are getting disturbing reoccuring dreams on a regular basis, I wouldn't worry about it.....the intricacies of the human mind, and all that jazz...