Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Luke C
My ratty didn't like it
Old 12 January 2006, 01:44 PM
Ratman
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Originally I got my rats valeted down at the local cleaners, where they used a big steam presser to finish off. If I took in six shirts they'd usually do the rats for free. Otherwise it would cost up to four pounds per rat, depending on the level of soiling. In a cost-cutting exercise, however, I started to do it at home, using the washing-machine, then a normal domestic steam iron set to mammal and ironing board with the tail attachment built in. As the water there is so hard and can cause a limescale build-up over time, I found I still had to purchase distilled or purified water. I also missed the quality of the professional presser, which is far superior to the results I can achieve.

So I tried an experiment and, since having had Squeeky Teflon-coated, I find that I don't need to iron her anymore; she comes out of the drier ready to wear. Blackie, however, only comes up beautifully if I hang her on a hanger immediately the washing-machine stops. If I can't get to her soon enough, I hang her for 15 minutes or so in the bathroom with the hot shower running - it smoothes her body right out. But I still find it difficult to get a nice sharp crease down the tail and would appriciate any tips. What heat setting did you use for your rabbits, as I anticipate they'd be similar?

Bye for now,
Ratman
MY98 Wagon