Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

royal mail get even worse!!

Search this Thread

Old 06 January 2006, 06:14 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default royal mail get even worse!!

before christmas a card was deliverd to my parents house saying nobody was home and there was a parcel for me (paypal acount was still pointing to my olds house) was expecting an alarm clock.

i got the card from them and went just before christmas to the main sorting office to pick it up, they open at 7 so i planned to arrive just after on my way to work

got there to find huge ques, fair enough, waited my turn, got to the front and handed the card over, bloke hurrys out the back, the place was pretty busy, a few mins later another bloke shouts out my parents address, i walk over and he gives me a parcel, sure enough it has my olds address on it, i ask if they want ID "nope"

walk outside and get in the car and double check it, not even my parcel, its sumthing else for my dad

rang him up and he said he was expecting a present for my brothers daughter, but could not understand why the card was addressed to me

anyway, i was late for work and the ques were to big, so i left it at that, i was wondering if my parcel was lost sumwhere in royal mails sorting office, today my parents come home from work to see a parcel sitting on the ground outside the house

my alarm clock, the postie just left it outside as there was nobody home, the clock was posted late november from hong kong, fair play it should take a few days to have it sent over, but over 1 month

seams like every time i use them they get worse, last summer saw a large amount of funding go missing from an envolope (my fault for not sending it registerd post i suppose )

sooner they get rid of this piece of crap company the better IMO
Old 06 January 2006, 06:24 PM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

I get our work post delivered any time up until (and beyond) 12pm on most days.

Absolutely useless.
Old 06 January 2006, 07:02 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

I bought a sat nav of ebay,

1st class recorded,

that was early december, still nothings arrived..

well p*ssed off

Mart
Old 06 January 2006, 07:35 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mart360

I bought a sat nav of ebay,

1st class recorded,

that was early december, still nothings arrived..

well p*ssed off

Mart
You'd think that would find its way - perhaps it doesn't work properly??
Old 06 January 2006, 07:45 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by David Lock
You'd think that would find its way - perhaps it doesn't work properly??

Ha bloody ha

theres always one

Mart
Old 06 January 2006, 07:50 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mart360
Ha bloody ha

theres always one

Mart
Hope it turns up soon........
Old 06 January 2006, 08:00 PM
pugoetru
Scooby Regular

maybe they forgot to include batteries
Old 06 January 2006, 08:15 PM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

Micky,
As a postie I can see your frustration, but saying that you must try and understand that Royal Mail handled a record number of letters and parcels this year, your alarm clock to me was not sent by air mail but over land hence the time it took to get to you, I would certainly speak to your postman and ask him not to leave any parcels on your doorstep but to leave you a card to let you know that it is in the sorting office, but saying that they are only kept for 14 days and then they are sent back to the sender, as for sending cash through the post witout registering it is beyond me, so it is your fault that the money has gone missing, anybody could have had it.
Cheers
Colin
Old 06 January 2006, 09:41 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pugoetru
maybe they forgot to include batteries

and you too

Mart
Old 06 January 2006, 11:22 PM
richs2891
Scooby Regular

Angry Royal Fail more like !

Sorry but I just can not understand how the royal mail can be so woefully bad ! They have lost two items of mine before xmas, A back box and a box with several dvds in - both sent tracked delivery !
I had the unfortunate luck to have to collect three parcels from the royal mail sorting office just before xmas, as on two occasion they didnt even knock on the door for the recorded delivery they just pushed a card through the door saying no one in etc, please collect. Third occasion (non recordered) was out and too big for letter box.
Went to sorting office complained about the postie just pushing the not in notice through the door. - Get the usual reply "no they dont do that". Well yes they did and here is the video evidence of this ! Oh well we will look into that. - Yeah right ! Tried to collect third parcel, err sorry its not back yet - Oh right well its 48 hrs after told to collect, can you have a look again. err sorry cant find it. Can you ring me when you find it - and you have guessed it no phone call ! Do the postage, or cost of collecting parcel / doing there job yourself - NO !
At this point they came out with the tired old line "its a very busy time of year etc"
FFS how many years have you been delivering mail and why can't you deliver mail / parcels like your supposed to, and why do you always lose / steal my parcels - and why is mail delivery or lack of getting worse every year.
Time to stop the goverment hands out - sack the majority of the incomptents (Approx 95% staff IMHO), and get it run (possibly) by a private firm that knows how to deliver parcels and letters.
Richard
Old 06 January 2006, 11:30 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

Location: It's like finding a cocktail sausage, when what you really wanted was a rather large saveloy.

Sent a pair of Oakleys to be repaired(registered post) and they were duly sent back (registered post). Well, except they never actually reached me.. Oakley organised for a replacement pair to be sent, which I did receive - sort of.
All of Oakleys mail/parcels are sent by registered post, which means it has to be signed for at it's delivery address.
I found a parcel on my doorstep, in view of the whole world and his neighbour. Although it was dented and scuffed, it was clear that the registered post label had been torn off - and no-one had been asked to sign for it...

Can you imagine what Oakleys would have said if I phoned to say a 2nd pair had gone missing??!!!

Shortly after this we were given a new postie..

It's a moan, but I do acknowledge that a vast number of postal workers are dilligent, and work bladdy hard..
Old 06 January 2006, 11:32 PM
The Rani
Scooby Regular

My postman is always leaving parcels outside. Had one left the other day which could have been there for any time up to three days. The best was when I got my new credit card and the letter with the pin number on the same day and both were left sticking out of the letterbox. Somebody could have had a field day and I would have known nothing till I got the next statement. And before someone states the normal, the credit card company confirmed that the letters were not sent out on the same day - there was about a week between them.
Old 06 January 2006, 11:42 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

i live in a block of apartments and i have seen the postie leave parcels ontop of the mail thingy?

everybody from the block has to go there for there mail, its outside the comunal entrance, so its not like "somebody might nip up the drive and find a parcel"

bunch-o-cowboys

sending cash should not really be a problem tho, i mean come on, who is going to nick it? anybody?
what the bloke in the post office?
the postie himself?
the ******* in the sorting office?

or just some random who fancies his chances on a post box?
Old 07 January 2006, 12:13 AM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

On a good point for Royal Mail:

I've just moved out of London where my mail used to be delivered at 5pm (I **** you not) and 1st class post took 2-4 days to reach me.

I now live in N Herts and my mail comes between 7am and 8am, and 1st class comes the next day as does most 2nd stuff.

It's all regional. Bigger cities = **** service??
Old 07 January 2006, 12:29 AM
Johnny E
Scooby Regular

jeez you guys have got a downer on posties haven't you

don't know why ?

my giro turns up every fortnight on the dot
Old 07 January 2006, 06:25 AM
DJ73
Scooby Regular

i was waiting for a bag off ebay as a present , ask seller for the recorded number to check online as it had been a few day's only to find it was waiting at sorting office , at the time of delivery we were in and the postie hadn't even been to try to deliver it and he didn't leave a card don't think he'd been any where near the house , there a bit ******* useless
Old 07 January 2006, 06:35 AM
The Rani
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DJ73
i was waiting for a bag off ebay as a present , ask seller for the recorded number to check online as it had been a few day's only to find it was waiting at sorting office , at the time of delivery we were in and the postie hadn't even been to try to deliver it and he didn't leave a card don't think he'd been any where near the house , there a bit ******* useless
Im sure they tiptoe up the path and put the cards through the letter box very quietly. Saw ours come to the door one morning and when I went downstairs there was the dreaded card on the doormat - he was still outside so I ran out after him - his excuse for not giving me the parcel was that he'd already put it back in the van with all the others and he didn't have time to look for it - so I still had to wait and then go down to the sorting office. Parcel Force are even worse.
Old 07 January 2006, 09:37 AM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

Did you all know as from Jan 2006 Royal Mail lost the Monopoly on delivering mail, their are now 11 other companys who can deliver for you, but I can garantee it will be no where near as cheap or quick, So for those of you who knock them may I suggest you go and try one of these new companys and see if you get half a good of service.
Cheers
Colin
Old 07 January 2006, 09:44 AM
The Rani
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scoob99
Did you all know as from Jan 2006 Royal Mail lost the Monopoly on delivering mail, their are now 11 other companys who can deliver for you, but I can garantee it will be no where near as cheap or quick, So for those of you who knock them may I suggest you go and try one of these new companys and see if you get half a good of service.
Cheers
Colin
Coincidentally, I have received a letter marked 'TNT Mail' this morning - but there's no date on it or the letter inside so haven't got a clue how long it took to get to me!
Old 07 January 2006, 10:00 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

so how do you post something via a diffrent company?
Old 07 January 2006, 10:09 AM
richs2891
Scooby Regular

Well personally I'm glad that Royal Mail has lost the monolopy on delivering mail - its about time Royal mail got the royal kick up the backside that they truly deserve. Hopefully the competion will sort them out !
Looks like I'm not the only one with lazy postmen that just pushes the "your not in collect from Sorting office" card though the door instead of trying to deliver the card.
Richard
Old 07 January 2006, 01:53 PM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

in the next few months you will see differant colored boxes going up, so keep an eye out
Cheers
Colin
Old 07 January 2006, 08:02 PM
MattN
Scooby Regular

I sent a letter at 5pm on thursday, 1st class, cost me 30p, damn thing didn't arrive until 7am Friday morning! 14 hours to go 50 miles. useless.
Old 07 January 2006, 10:15 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105

Location: Newcastle. 330bhp-289lb/ft @ 1bar boost - 12.4s @ 105mph
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by rsarjantson
Well personally I'm glad that Royal Mail has lost the monolopy on delivering mail - its about time Royal mail got the royal kick up the backside that they truly deserve. Hopefully the competion will sort them out !
Looks like I'm not the only one with lazy postmen that just pushes the "your not in collect from Sorting office" card though the door instead of trying to deliver the card.
Richard
We've had the card pushed thru the door when we've been in, lazy tw@ couldn't be bothered to ring the doorbell or knock.