Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Caught red handed with a Laser Jammer?

Search this Thread

Old 04 January 2006, 12:07 PM
Jza
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Caught red handed with a Laser Jammer?

I've now got the TomTom to show me where the Gatso's etc are.. so in order to complete the job im looking at a "garage door opener"

Has anyone got knicked with one - or heard of anyone getting knicked?

What sort of prison sentance can i expect?

Anyone got any recommendations of make or model?

Jza
Old 04 January 2006, 12:14 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

If its what i'm thinking of they are packaged as a garage door opener - so really you will have documentation to prove as much but if the copper decides to pay a visit and finds you live in a high rise tower you could be done for trying to pervert the course of justice - and that is a prison sentance.

If i get chance i'll ask my traffic cop friend
Old 04 January 2006, 12:19 PM
ryn004
Scooby Regular

Blinder have good laser jammers
Old 04 January 2006, 12:20 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ryn004
Blinder have good laser jammers

Anyone now of a t'internet site that sells 'em
Old 04 January 2006, 03:22 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

To have perverted the course of justice, they have to first prove that a law had been broken. As they will not have any evidence of you speeding as your jammer will have taken care of that bit they cannot do you for that offence. They have also tried getting people for obstructing an officer in the course of his duty, but I don't think they've made this stick yet either.
Old 04 January 2006, 04:08 PM
ryn004
Scooby Regular

I got mine from ebay, and the seller who sold it was extremely helpful. His contact details aare:
michael stadnik <stadniks@yahoo.com>
Old 05 January 2006, 01:14 PM
Jza
Scooby Regular

No one been done?

Jza
Old 05 January 2006, 02:23 PM
T20Driver
Scooby Regular

http://www.drive-smart.co.uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=2

Just announced so do not know how good it is, but thread convos seem to suggest that it does the job.
Old 05 January 2006, 03:16 PM
ryn004
Scooby Regular

Does anyone know of any Radar Jammers?
Old 05 January 2006, 04:22 PM
renno rannes
Scooby Regular

This site has both i think. www.nomorepenaltypoints.com

http://speedcameradefence.com/

Renno
Old 05 January 2006, 04:48 PM
Stainy
Scooby Regular

Alternatively, buy my Blinder ML-06 which I bought 2 years ago for £125 and never got around to fitting

£95 inc postage?
Old 05 January 2006, 05:19 PM
fatharry
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by corradoboy
To have perverted the course of justice, they have to first prove that a law had been broken. As they will not have any evidence of you speeding as your jammer will have taken care of that bit they cannot do you for that offence. They have also tried getting people for obstructing an officer in the course of his duty, but I don't think they've made this stick yet either.
If they catch you with the front facing camera vans, they record vhs or dvd footage of you speeding. True the speed reading come back with the error, but they aren't stupid, the police know that you have the jammer.

Through work i have come into contact with the MD of the company that make the hand held video speed cameras and while we were there i saw him looking at some footage of some one using one.

They can find the device on the car by zooming into the image. Once they have found it they may come round to your house and you will then have to explain where your remote garge door is!
They can even see it behind grills, when i was there some bloke in a X5 was about to get done and you see the device behind the grill.

They can also have a guess at the speed you were doing from the angle of the front of your car, ie how close to the ground the front is compared to the rear, showing that you were braking heavy.
Old 05 January 2006, 05:49 PM
wrc350bhp
Scooby Regular

glad ive got a remote garage door then
Old 05 January 2006, 10:31 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by fatharry
They can also have a guess at the speed you were doing from the angle of the front of your car, ie how close to the ground the front is compared to the rear, showing that you were braking heavy.
Guess - of course, anyone can guess. Estimate enough to prove in a court of law though - absolute bollocks!!!

mb
Old 06 January 2006, 12:50 AM
Chelspeed
Scooby Regular

> True the speed reading come back with the error, but they aren't stupid,

Two schools of thought here. The first is that they get an error and know immediately you have a jammer and 06:00 next morning you get a knock on the door and the car impounded. Other is that they get an error and say "oh no, not another error, that's the 52nd this morning, I'll try the car behind...."

No idea which is right.

But I've only heard one story alleging his car had been impounded and one story of someone being prosecuted in south wales for having a jammer. With the number out there and the number of threads about being done for speeding, I'm damn sure a lot of people who'd got done for having a jammer would have posted it. So I suspect the latter.

As for being able to see it in the video that sounds like complete tosh, they're tiny, matt black and can be concealed in the grille. You'd need to be 2 foot awat to see it on video not 500m. Do you work for a Scamera partnership Mr 3 posts Scaremongering Fatharry?
Old 06 January 2006, 09:03 AM
fatharry
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Chelspeed
>

As for being able to see it in the video that sounds like complete tosh, they're tiny, matt black and can be concealed in the grille. You'd need to be 2 foot awat to see it on video not 500m. Do you work for a Scamera partnership Mr 3 posts Scaremongering Fatharry?
Just telling you what i know and i have seen the video footage.

No i dont work for the Scamera partnership and sorry didn't know there was minimum number of post allowed on here
Old 06 January 2006, 09:21 AM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

Hello Harry - i see you are from Crapsville

I'm thinking about getting one of these for opening barriers at sites i go to I wont have a visit as I don't have a front no plate LOL
Old 06 January 2006, 09:27 AM
fatharry
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SiDHEaD
Hello Harry - i see you are from Crapsville

I'm thinking about getting one of these for opening barriers at sites i go to I wont have a visit as I don't have a front no plate LOL
Crapsville Rules

Should have no probs then Sid!
Old 06 January 2006, 09:31 AM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

How come their cameras can pick up a small sensor, but cannot make out faces of car thieves when they are caught on cctv?
Old 06 January 2006, 09:47 AM
fatharry
Scooby Regular

From what I have seen, when you zoom into the image of the grill you are able to make out the out line of a small box.

With the error code on the video footage as well they have a good idea that you are using a jamer. They know what error codes are caused from using the jamers.

If they decide to pay you a visit and see that you have a jamer with no explanation ie remote garage door either at your house or place of work, they could do you for perverting the course of justice.
Old 06 January 2006, 09:48 AM
simo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Moley_WRX
How come their cameras can pick up a small sensor, but cannot make out faces of car thieves when they are caught on cctv?
Because motorists are easy targets & car thieves would only get a holiday in the sun at the tax payers expense if caught
Old 06 January 2006, 12:45 PM
Chelspeed
Scooby Regular

> No i dont work for the Scamera partnership and sorry didn't know
> there was minimum number of post allowed on here

Apologies then. Just seemed a bit suspicious, small number of posts, putting forward some info that seems to go against percieved wisdom....

I just thought what would I do if I were running a Scamera partnership and more and more people were stopping me meeting my cash quota (sorry safety targets) by using counter measures. Why not register on some websites and set scare stories running about how easy it was to catch people doing so?

All tongue in cheek as are most of my posts.
Old 06 January 2006, 01:04 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by Chelspeed
> No i dont work for the Scamera partnership and sorry didn't know
> there was minimum number of post allowed on here

Apologies then. Just seemed a bit suspicious, small number of posts, putting forward some info that seems to go against percieved wisdom....

I just thought what would I do if I were running a Scamera partnership and more and more people were stopping me meeting my cash quota (sorry safety targets) by using counter measures. Why not register on some websites and set scare stories running about how easy it was to catch people doing so?

All tongue in cheek as are most of my posts.

I must agree that the context of teh posts appears to more like scarmongering.

SN suffers that alot (oooh, you've not cranked over with the CPS disconnected, and used semi-synthetics - your engine'll go bang within 50 miles, Alll Uk market cars must run optimax. Subaru's standard dump valve is a load of crap. The stock backbox is mega restrictive etc etc )
Old 06 January 2006, 01:37 PM
imi
Scooby Regular

Wow....sounds like they have access to some really intelligent people.

What if your car isnt running standard suspension....how do they account for that... surely the angle would be different no...?
Old 06 January 2006, 01:43 PM
imi
Scooby Regular

From what I have seen, when you zoom into the image of the grill you are able to make out the out line of a small box.

With the error code on the video footage as well they have a good idea that you are using a jamer. They know what error codes are caused from using the jamers.

If they decide to pay you a visit and see that you have a jamer with no explanation ie remote garage door either at your house or place of work, they could do you for perverting the course of justice.

Seems like they are focussed on nailing the real criminals of society then....

that was a bit of sarcasm for some of you thick people...
Old 06 January 2006, 01:56 PM
fatharry
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by imi
Wow....sounds like they have access to some really intelligent people.

What if your car isnt running standard suspension....how do they account for that... surely the angle would be different no...?
Sorry, what i ment was that if you brake heavily because of seeing the camera vans.

In the video clip I saw you could tell the X5 drive was breaking heavily because the front of his car was dipping.
Old 06 January 2006, 02:22 PM
imi
Scooby Regular

Sorry, what i ment was that if you brake heavily because of seeing the camera vans.

In the video clip I saw you could tell the X5 drive was breaking heavily because the front of his car was dipping.
So run that passed me once more cause I am a bit slow.....how do they calculate the speed in those circumstances....

They need to be able to prove your speed...theyve got nothing.....everything else is pure speculation...
Old 06 January 2006, 02:58 PM
fatharry
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by imi
So run that passed me once more cause I am a bit slow.....how do they calculate the speed in those circumstances....

They need to be able to prove your speed...theyve got nothing.....everything else is pure speculation...
They can't prove your speed. Which is the main thing. However when the jamer is working it sends back a radar wave that jams the police gun. If they are using a DVD or VHS recording system with the gun as they seem to do now, they have video footage of your car jaming a speed camera which is ilegal.

If you saw the radar van and braked sharp the front of your car would dip.
In the image i saw the X5 driving was braking hard and the front end was dipped. He was in the outside lane which i was told was a 60mph area. For him to be braking that sharp for the camera van he would have to be going faster than 60. BUT they can't prove the speed, the guy who showed me the image was looking for any evidence of a jamer which he found in the front grill.
The next step i was told that the police would go round and see him to see if he had any reason to have the jamer such as electric gates etc. If not he could be open to prosecution

If they are just using a hand held gun that had errored all they have to do is flag you down and look in the grill.

Personly after seeing the jamers on Fifth Gear i was going to have one, but after talking to the guy and seeing the above ive changed my mind and are just sticking to a GPS warning system

i didn't mean for my first post to be seen as scarmongering but if you get caught using one for it could be worse than a few points for speeding
Old 06 January 2006, 03:06 PM
imi
Scooby Regular

Earlier you suggested that they could calculate your speed from the angle of dip...

Now you say they cant...

Always knew they were as thick as ****.....(cant be after an indian curry as it wouldnt be that thick)

If you saw the radar van and braked sharp the front of your car would dip.
In the image i saw the X5 driving was braking hard and the front end was dipped. He was in the outside lane which i was told was a 60mph area. For him to be braking that sharp for the camera van he would have to be going faster than 60. BUT they can't prove the speed, the guy who showed me the image was looking for any evidence of a jamer which he found in the front grill.
Sounds like the SAFETY cameras are doing their job....

Last edited by imi; 06 January 2006 at 03:11 PM.
Old 06 January 2006, 03:31 PM
fatharry
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by imi
Earlier you suggested that they could calculate your speed from the angle of dip...
I said they could guess, as its a video of you car they would have moving video footage of your car for a couple of seconds or more

You will be able to see your car as it comes into frame at speed then brake sharply to go past the camera. seeing that you could guess that the car is driving above limit plus you have the error reading from the camera.

Quick Reply: Caught red handed with a Laser Jammer?