Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Follow up to : SNOW SHOVEL NEEDED ASAP!

Search this Thread

Old 30 December 2005, 06:35 PM
Scooby Soon!
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Follow up to : SNOW SHOVEL NEEDED ASAP!

After spending 4 hours (reality was right) clearing a drive way just over half of a mile long, I went home and tucked my self up in bed.

Woke up this morning, no snow overnight and no more forcast! Great news!

Headed to my warehouse when what I can only describe as an artic blizard started to cover the road that I had spent 4 hours the previous day clearing

Lorry turned up an hour early as usual and started heading up the drive until this happened:

STUCK, and when I write stuck I mean it! No where to turn round and no way of going up, luckerly got a friendly farmer to come and tow it

That was until he tried with both a huge JCB tractor then an even bigger john deere neither of them could budge it 5 people in total Spent 2 hours clearing the ice until we managed to get to here:

Spent 3 hours unloading it (in the snow) and luckily the ice was melting, it then got stuck again when it tried to leave, we managed to free it, and then it got stuck again! so we had to get Mr farmer back out to give it a final tug up the main road, phew I am exhausted!

One of my worst ever deliverys and the hardest days work I have done for ages!

Anyone else who was in the Ashford area must of seen how bad it was today. No more deliverys in the snow!
Old 30 December 2005, 07:35 PM
Billbill
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Early Friday afternoon, police supplied hot drinks to dozens of people trapped by drifts on a highway in East Yorkshire in northern England.