Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

R.I.P Hammy

Search this Thread

Old 29 December 2005, 08:13 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default R.I.P Hammy

After a short illness, Hammy the Hamster has passed on to a better place, well a foot down at the back of the garden, rest in pieces, I put the spade through it to be sure it was dead after my wife spent the past three hours not sure whether the stone cold rock solid Hamster was still breathing.

So we were expecting floods of tears from out 3 young lads, none of them shed a single tear, no reaction whatsoever, I think I could snuff it and the little buggers would be more worried who would repair the pc, I get more of a reaction by resetting the PC when they are using it to get them to go to bed !

So the youngest says when he actually realises it isnt coming back, can we have a new one, so based on his previous form I will tell him there is a new one and just leave the cage there full of sawdust and ****, he wont know the difference, me and the missus have lived and breathed the little furry F*ckers well being for the last two years, I have nursed it for months, worried whether its been eating/drinking, changed it every week, checked its water, given it treats, put it in its little ball, paid for a new carpet (450 quid ruined on a 7 quid rodent) when it shredded the old one.

So, we bought a Hamster for the kids and they didnt bother with it, so avoid buying small rodents for your kids as you will be the one feeling upset when it carks it, still a good excuse for a Stella or two.

THe 13 year old Spaniel is still stinking and sleeping, cant be long now though, muhahahahahahhahaha.
Old 29 December 2005, 08:17 PM
The Rani
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Poor thing. I'll be very upset when Rappa the ratty goes - he's very old ..... but you are right - kids never look after their pets. The novelty wears off far too soon.
Old 29 December 2005, 08:18 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Almost every hamster owner I've ever known has regretted the experience.

They ought to be banned.
Old 29 December 2005, 08:19 PM
Neverguess
BANNED

HAMMY'S DEAD????!!!!?????!!!?????????
Old 29 December 2005, 08:26 PM
lpski1
Scooby Regular

this is not good
Old 29 December 2005, 09:32 PM
boxst
Scooby Regular

Hello

How long do they live for?

This is part of what Santa brought this Christmas (you can spot the Hamster if you try, along with the Lidl bag the cage came in!):

Steve
Old 29 December 2005, 09:46 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Boxst, a couple of years generally, my cousin claims five for his but I suspect foul play (it was replaced).

Also, your little girl is a cutie (please take that in the spirit in which it is intended, even though I do appreciate that random males on a BBS may sound very creepy), the fireplace is nice also.
Old 29 December 2005, 09:47 PM
RAJ27
Scooby Regular

When I saw your thread title I thought you meant Richard Hammond out of Top Gear. Sorry to hear of your loss!
Old 29 December 2005, 09:54 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

That would be a tragedy, now my kids love brainiacs so they would notice if Richard Hammond (AKA the Hamster) departed, damn good presenter that man.

Even if the buggers stole my cat/dog handling thread as an idea for last weeks show.
Old 29 December 2005, 10:41 PM
Chip Sengravy
BANNED

Originally Posted by J4CKO
Boxst, a couple of years generally, my cousin claims five for his but I suspect foul play (it was replaced).

Also, your little girl is a cutie (please take that in the spirit in which it is intended, even though I do appreciate that random males on a BBS may sound very creepy), the fireplace is nice also.
^what he said, she's a little love, I wish mine was that age again!
Old 29 December 2005, 10:43 PM
SCOsazOBY
Scooby Senior

hope you made sure it hadnt just hibernated
Old 30 December 2005, 08:59 AM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Yep, we did think of that, it was cold, going stiff and had a couple of sizeable tumours, plus a week or so ago it had been bleeding from its back end, dont really need to be a vet to realize it was buggered, plus it was over 2 years old.

For Sale

Large RotoStac (tm) Hamster cage plus bedding, ball and food.