Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Shoppers making roads HELL!

Search this Thread

Old 29 December 2005, 01:07 PM
Southern Guy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shoppers making roads HELL!

What could we do abotu this, I work in a busy town, and have to drive round from site to site, Looking at the Computer networks etc.

This time of year the roads are hell making it a long trip to travel a mile(i would walk but the equipment i carry makes that impossible) can take an hour travelling maybe 2 miles.

What coudl they do about this, maybe for the big superstores you could go online and get a virtual ticket which you could then print which gives you a time slot on the roads(free of course) and gives you access to the car parks, if you spread this out during the day, xmas jams in town would be reduced dont you think?

because i know if i wanted to go shopping, normally get urges to kill people that:-

1) Walk really slow
2) Kids run into your nuts
3) old people just stopping for no reason at all

i am sure there are alot more!

phew!

i needed that!
Old 29 December 2005, 01:33 PM
SupaMiniCupa
Scooby Regular

True.

I was getting frustrated coming into work yesterday afternoon. In the morning everyone is always rushing to get to work. There's me fancying a blast on the way in and everyone is on holidays and dawdling
Old 29 December 2005, 04:10 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ever seen Zombie Dawn of the dead, about the zombies in the shopping mall, the lead character say's the Zombies congregate there because thats what they did when they were alive, pretty much the same around John Lewis, they wont eat your brains but I get the feeling that your average Gin addled, platinum card clutching X5 owner would kill you so they could park near the entrance.

Where do people get their cash from, I am skint from christmas !
Old 29 December 2005, 04:43 PM
The Rani
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by J4CKO
Ever seen Zombie Dawn of the dead, about the zombies in the shopping mall, the lead character say's the Zombies congregate there because thats what they did when they were alive, pretty much the same around John Lewis, they wont eat your brains but I get the feeling that your average Gin addled, platinum card clutching X5 owner would kill you so they could park near the entrance.

That's why they're clutching the platinum cards
Old 29 December 2005, 05:21 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by J4CKO

Good analogy.
(but then i went to Meadowhall yesterday so i guess i'm no better than the rest)
Old 29 December 2005, 05:26 PM
hedgehog
Scooby Regular

Surely what we need isn't restrictions on what people can do, such as going shopping or getting to work, but more of the £40 billion that motorists give to the government spent on improving road networks so that we can all go about our business free from congestion.
Old 29 December 2005, 05:42 PM
SWRTWannabe
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Southern Guy
What could we do abotu this, I work in a busy town, and have to drive round from site to site, Looking at the Computer networks etc.

This time of year the roads are hell making it a long trip to travel a mile(i would walk but the equipment i carry makes that impossible) can take an hour travelling maybe 2 miles.
You're not in Reading are you? I wrote to the MP about the apalling state of the traffic there, and she replied to say she was most pleased with herself as she had successfully campaigned for 200 fewer car parking spaces at the new shopping centre. Obviously the silly bint didn't consider that meant 200 more drivers driving round trying to find a space

Oh well, at least she got kicked out and then arrested for fraud or something - snigger

Trending Topics

Old 29 December 2005, 06:46 PM
hedgehog
Scooby Regular

A recent study into congestion demonstrated that a huge proportion of it was actually caused, as you say, by drivers driving around looking for a parking space. The rational among us thought that would mean more parking spaces to reduce congestion, but in fact the government reduced the number of parking spaces and introduced some very strict planning legislation on the number of new parking spaces that can be created when, say, a new housing development or block of flats are built. All this has resulted in an increase in congestion, as more and more people have to drive around looking for parking, and has allowed the introduction of congestion charging and the eventual implementation of road tolls on all roads.

It isn't actually motorists who cause congestion, it is the government acting through your local council who engineer it as part of their anti-car policies.
Old 29 December 2005, 07:29 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

hmmm how do i go shopping?

i walk across the road from work into asda and buy everything then bring it home after work

sometimes i use a tesco if im out of work hours
Old 29 December 2005, 08:13 PM
Poor Guy
Scooby Regular

kids in the nuts eh?!

Ive always wondered what would happen if some loose hooligan kid walked into my knee while i was walking through the shop.
Old 31 December 2005, 12:12 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I bet all those poor shoppers get really frustrated at all those people driving around at work!

Les.