Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Question for Guildford Peeps

Search this Thread

Old 29 December 2005, 09:26 AM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Question for Guildford Peeps

Is Guildford Station car park reasonably OK to leave a car overnight? Just a Ford Ka, nothing flash.

Daughter wants to nip down to Bristol to collect some gear and may stay over but doesn't want to come back to Ka on bricks Thanks, David
Old 29 December 2005, 09:36 AM
mightyyid
Scooby Regular

David

I guess if you are talking about the multi-storey over the road from the station it will be fine most of the time. Left my car there a few times in the past when been going away and it's been fine, including a Porsche. The best thing about the car park is that if you stay longer than a day, when you return to the machine to pay, you select the button for 'lost ticket' and will only pay the one day max (about £4), rather than the actual amount on your usual ticket. So, stay 5 days there, only ever pay £4.

I still have a magic ticket (as I call it), from Jan 2003, which every now and then I go back to see what value it had accrued. Last count (and it took about 10 secs to calculate) was £1,800 - but it's way more now. Just a little tip for your daughter. Andy
Old 29 December 2005, 09:46 AM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Hey thanks Andy That would be the Bedford Road car park I think. I was thinking about the open air park by the station but I guess Bedford Road would be better and keep the frost off. Only worry if it is full because of the sales. Great tip about the "lost ticket" so thanks for that. She'll be leaving the Porsche at home this time david
Old 29 December 2005, 09:50 AM
drumsterphil
Scooby Regular

I was thinking you meant Leapale car park - that's pretty safe (as much as any car park can be).
Old 29 December 2005, 09:53 AM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

I'll have to check where Leapale is?? I am think of the main one opposite the Friary. Go North around the one-way and hang a left into car park entrance just after nightclubs on left.

PS. Don't want to be too far away from Station as she has a load of stuff she is carting back to uni.
Old 29 December 2005, 10:42 AM
drumsterphil
Scooby Regular

Sorry David, I was thinking of the bus, not train, station. It's probably about a 5 min walk from the train station.
Old 29 December 2005, 11:34 AM
Peanuts
Scooby Regular

Bedford place car park is fine for overnight, loads of people do it clubbing.
used to work on the new office development on top of the car park and we would always have vehicles parked overnight there.

Trending Topics

Old 29 December 2005, 11:35 AM
mightyyid
Scooby Regular

David

Yep - Bedford road. It's under cover, and I think better than the ones at the station anyway and certainly cheaper if you do the trick. But the sales are indeed shocking - I was in Guildford yesterday and it was rididculout as usual. Lucky that I have a permanent space in Guildford for work otherwise it would have been crazy - some people we knew were queing one hour for a space. Is Guildford really worth that? Andy
Old 29 December 2005, 12:51 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Thanks a lot guys. Thing is Guildford is great for Bristol trains. 2 an hour and less than 2 hour journey. Also a lot cheaper for her than say Chichester which is nearer home. I am now thinking Park & Ride and she will just have to lug her stuff from Bus Station to Railway Station. david
Old 29 December 2005, 01:30 PM
Butkus
Scooby Regular

Don't leave your car parked on the street overnight in Guildford. I might just be unlucky, but at the end of October I returned to my car the following morning after a night out and it'd been walked over. The bonnet and the roof were badly dented and scratched.

Unfortunately the guy (or girl?) who did it didn't slip off the roof and break his/her neck.

I'd have thought leaving it in a car park will be fine as people really have to go out of their way to damage it.