Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Redundancy, consultation period, new job?

Search this Thread

Old 16 December 2005, 11:27 AM
_RIP_
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Redundancy, consultation period, new job?

My post is soon to be made redundant. The 30 day consultation period is scheduled to take place at the beginning of January 2006. After that 60 days notice with the final date of employment being 31st March 2006.

My question is - At what point can I hand in my notice and leave, without this affecting any redundancy package? I was thinking I could hand in my notice on the first day I am officially redundant after the 30 day consultation period, say 1st February. Is this correct? Can I take the money and run?
Old 16 December 2005, 11:29 AM
mart360
Scooby Regular

depends on the t&c,s they attach...

i got made redundant 3 yrs ago.... 3 months enhanced package, but only if i stayed until chrimbo.. (about 3 more months)

this time i got 1 months lue of notice... and 1 days warning..

still looking btw!!

Mart
Old 16 December 2005, 11:33 AM
_RIP_
BANNED

Nothing in my T & C's clause wise that I can see. It's an enhanced package though cash wise. All I can see is 30 days conultation followed by 60 days redundancy notice. I'm assuming that if I'm offered a job within the 60 day period of offical notice, then I can take up the offer of employment without losing my redundancy.
Old 16 December 2005, 12:51 PM
mannyo
Scooby Regular

When I was made redundany, part of the conditions of getting an enhanced package meant working untill the last day, in your case the end of March. Had I left earlier they would have still paid redundancy but only the minimum required by law.
Old 16 December 2005, 01:01 PM
_RIP_
BANNED

It's OK, I found the info I was looking for.

Once employees have been issued with actual written notices of dismissal due to redundancy as above, any employee in receipt of such a notice and who wishes to terminate their employment with ******** before their notice period expires, should make this request in writing as soon as possible to their Department Head, and that such a request shall not be unreasonably refused. If the request is agreed to, staff shall be entitled to receive Redundancy Payment calculated to the agreed leaving date rather than the date of dismissal due to redundancy. Employees wishing to leave under these circumstances will not be entitled to receive pay in lieu of notice.