Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

How much is this private plate worth

Search this Thread

Old 12 December 2005, 09:38 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How much is this private plate worth

We have this plate on retention, has been for ages, do it put it on my car or flog it ?

It's 'MU 31'

Or, do it put it on my car as I work near Old Trafford and wait for a Man U supporter to offer me some money ?
Old 12 December 2005, 09:44 PM
s70rjw
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by J4CKO
We have this plate on retention, has been for ages, do it put it on my car or flog it ?

It's 'MU 31'

Or, do it put it on my car as I work near Old Trafford and wait for a Man U supporter to offer me some money ?
Try a few of the sellers who advertise in the back of the Sunday Times and get an estimate. Then at least you'll have a proper idea of its value.Then you can make up your mind.
Old 12 December 2005, 09:48 PM
pauly
Scooby Regular

its worth as much as somebody is willing to pay..

just want man u to sign somebody really good and rich and give them the squad number 31 then get yourself down the training ground
alternatively i'll give ya a tenner for it
Old 12 December 2005, 09:54 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

TBH, I dont want it on my car, because generally I think private plates look gash, at least its a proper one I suppose but I dont want everybody telling me where I have been (not that I go anywhere dodgy) and its probably worth more than my car, an otherwise nondescript blue Saab, would look much better on something blingy. Plus as I dont like football much I dont really want people assuming I am a Man U supporter and wrecking my car !

We had it on a Fiat 500 for ages, technically it belongs to my Father in law but he said to get it valued and sell it seeing as the retention is in our name.

I cant really understand (from looking at similar 2 number 2 letter combos) how they are valued, doesnt seem to be much logic, have asked regtransfers for a value, seeing as they have it on their site anyway !
Old 12 December 2005, 09:57 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

'its worth as much as somebody is willing to pay..'

Indeed, always amazes me what people are willing to pay to have a different set of letters or numbers to identify their car when you could put in huge letters down the side whatever you want like, 'I am a pillock with more money than sense', 'please look at me' etc.

Saw one place advertising for people to get their 'Unique and distinctive reg', er aren't they all unique, isnt that the point ?
Old 12 December 2005, 10:02 PM
pauly
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by J4CKO
TBH, I dont want it on my car, because generally I think private plates look gash, at least its a proper one I suppose but I dont want everybody telling me where I have been (not that I go anywhere dodgy) and its probably worth more than my car, an otherwise nondescript blue Saab, would look much better on something blingy. Plus as I dont like football much I dont really want people assuming I am a Man U supporter and wrecking my car !

We had it on a Fiat 500 for ages, technically it belongs to my Father in law but he said to get it valued and sell it seeing as the retention is in our name.

I cant really understand (from looking at similar 2 number 2 letter combos) how they are valued, doesnt seem to be much logic, have asked regtransfers for a value, seeing as they have it on their site anyway !
i would imagine that it depends on the letters and numbers on the plate
some are gonna be more desireable than others and mu aint bad letters to have there are an awful lot of united fans with a lot of cash that would probably find it a worthwhile investment. get it valued by somebody respectable and who knows what theyre doing. then try and flog it through 1 of the man utd websites perhaps.. just an idea.. or offer it to the club itself for the going rate.. they might go for it they might tell you to bugger off but for the price for a phonecall or 2!!!
Old 12 December 2005, 10:06 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Jacko- Either you have contacted regtransfers before tonight and so it's a veiled advert or as soon as you enquired about a valuation they say they have it for sale in the hope you'll accept their offer.

http://www.regtransfers.co.uk/main/s...rchresults.asp

Trending Topics

Old 12 December 2005, 10:09 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

i thought
J4CKO was his numberplate PMSL
Old 12 December 2005, 10:52 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

SM, no, thats just cos JACKO had already gone when I registered on here and it looked better in capitals, as opposed to J4cko !

People has said that before (whe I was slagging private plates) and then I realised that it does look a bit like one.
Old 12 December 2005, 10:53 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Contacted regtransfers years ago, its been on ever since as POA.