Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did anyone hear this on Talksport at the weekend ? Fascinating

www.johntitor.com
Old 12 December 2005, 04:47 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Can you explain what it is about please as I don't have time to go through all that site.
Old 12 December 2005, 04:48 PM
Slartibartfast
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru
Can you explain what it is about please as I don't have time to go through all that site.
and why it's 'fascinating'
Old 12 December 2005, 04:50 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Slartibartfast
and why it's 'fascinating'
I'm at work
Old 12 December 2005, 10:32 PM
Fuchsrohre
Scooby Regular

ok, back in late 2000 a guy started posting to various technical forums on the internet and stopped in spring 2001. During that period the things he stated caused enormous controversy and speculation. You may find it quite mind-blowing, but then again, you may laught it off.

I consider myself quite a rational person, but the more I read the more I wanted to believe.

Bear in mind what you're about to read below is only a summary of the full posts he made that can be found on the website I linked to in my original post above.

A Brief Summary of the John Titor Phenomenon

THE TIME TRAVEL TALE OF JOHN TITOR

Although there is debate over the exact date it started, on November 02, 2000, a person calling themselves Timetravel_0, and later John Titor, started posting on a public forum that he was a time traveler from the year 2036.

One of the first things he did was post pictures of his time machine and its operations manual. As the weeks went by, more and more people began questioning him about why he was here, the physics of time travel and his thoughts about our time. He also posted on other forums including the now non-existent Art Bell site. In his posts John Titor entertained, angered, frightened and even belittled those who engaged him in conversation.

On March 21, 2001, John Titor told us he would be leaving our and returning to 2036. After that, he was never heard from again. Speculation and investigation about who John Titor was and why he was online continues to this day.

Although it may be easy to dismiss all this as science fiction, most people who read his posts agree that there is something very haunting about John Titor and what he said. In addition, and open to more debate, he also made a series of predictions and comments that eerily seem to be coming true.

Unfortunately, I never spoke directly to John Titor but there are many out there who have and continue to wonder about their experience. As you get deeper and deeper into the story, you will find his posts, links to other sites about him, downloads and speculative information attributed to him after he left. I have taken the posts and organized them by date and subject. My editorial work is copyrighted but the unedited posts and the people who experienced it are in the public domain can be found on other sites listed inside.

As you read, please try to keep two things in mind:

1. John appeared to answer nearly every question that was asked of him over the 4-month period he was online. Because of that, many people neglected to read the previous posts and asked similar or exact questions he had already answered. It may offer a glimpse of what a time traveler goes through when having the same conversation again and again.

2. These posts were written before 911, the Discovery accident and the second gulf war. Many people believe John may have known of these events and dropped clues without actually referring to them. It's also widely agreed that he made several predictions about future physics discoveries that have materialized as he stated.

I have included a guest book where you may leave your comments. I will endeavor to respond to any questions you have based on my work.

I hope you enjoy your journey with John Titor.

Copyright 2003

Last edited by Fuchsrohre; 12 December 2005 at 10:35 PM.