mobile phone deals

Search this Thread

Old 09 December 2005, 11:38 AM
Adam M
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mobile phone deals

Hi all,

after years of special treatment from orange I am fed up with their lack of loyalty to loyal customers.

I am looking to move to 02 who seem to be the best in terms of available tariffs, but I am wondering if anyone knows a contact number for the people from the other networks who try to poach you from your existing network.

basically I am looking to see what they will offer me to get me to leave orange, knowing full well i want to leave already.

Any help would be great.

thanks.

Adam
Old 09 December 2005, 11:43 AM
Account deleted by request
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Adam M
Hi all,

after years of special treatment from orange I am fed up with their lack of loyalty to loyal customers.

I am looking to move to 02 who seem to be the best in terms of available tariffs, but I am wondering if anyone knows a contact number for the people from the other networks who try to poach you from your existing network.

basically I am looking to see what they will offer me to get me to leave orange, knowing full well i want to leave already.

Any help would be great.

thanks.

Adam
I would rather not have a phone than use o2 after experiences I have had.

Orange aren't loyal but everything else is excellent IMHO - their customer service is good and phone replacement is so easy if you break one.

chop
Old 09 December 2005, 12:12 PM
Lucky Man
Scooby Regular

Try to looking at this from another angle

If you find a new phone/tarrif combination you want from another network,don't go in with a deal off one of the big Four networks high street stores, contact a little independent phone shop or one of the cowboys in the tabloids. Phone Orange cacellations tell them you are fed up and ask for your PUK code..(the code you need to assign your handset to another network) they will move heaven and earth to keep you

I just got abrand new Sony Erricson W800i for Free with 12 months half price line rental and £50 credit on my second bill..

I don't even need a new phone but it is a great xmas pressie for my 12yr old lad.

A friend of mine works for Orange Corporate and she told me they are under orders to reduce "Churn" ie existing customers leaving...France Telecom who own them are trying to "make the books look good" for some Corporate reasons.
Next year you should see Wanadoo rebranded for example.
Old 09 December 2005, 12:31 PM
Adrian F
Scooby Regular

Well my experences with Orange are that customer service in the last few years is very poor where 10 years ago when i joined it was their strength
Old 09 December 2005, 03:37 PM
Adam M
Scooby Regular

Lucky Man,

I have already done that. They know me well in disconnections. The trouble is, they are inflexible in their price plans.

They will not give anything beyond what their tariffs on system can provide. I have already been offered the 3 mobile tariff of 750 mins, 1000 texts and free insurance for £35/month, and any free phone (I am a high user) but I need more minutes and I want a specific phone.

They won't oblige.

Customer service was excellent and I have been with them a long time, but they are not looking after me and rewarding me for my loyalty. You can go straight into O2 on a 3g tariff for £35/month for 1000 mins and 120 texts. Orange cannot offer more than 750 minutes on this tariff. They have a 900 min tariff but its £75/month and they won't discount, all they can do is give free insurance and texts.
Old 09 December 2005, 09:21 PM
Adrian F
Scooby Regular

That is a good deal on O2 i might swap as i am just out of contract with orange. I will have to look and see if the 3G version of SE910i is available yet for a reasonable price.

I currently get 500 Minutes a month on Orange for £25 but go over most months.