Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Anthony Walker

Search this Thread

Old 02 December 2005, 07:34 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post Anthony Walker

I think the families dignity demands respect .......... to forgive the killers of your son is quite something.

They have held their heads high and I think they are brilliant!

The thugs should rot in jail!

Pete
Old 02 December 2005, 07:39 PM
Rags
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe Jail is too good for those 2 scum, especially given the fact one is likely to be out around the age of 35.

Should be given the death penalty.

Rags

Last edited by Rags; 02 December 2005 at 07:39 PM. Reason: can't spell
Old 02 December 2005, 09:59 PM
Stringpants
Scooby Regular

Default I agree regarding the families dignity....

they are a lesson to us all.

I cannot believe the poor sentance given...thats no deterrant at all.

35 years minimum was the real figure required.

Stringpants.
Old 03 December 2005, 08:26 AM
jasey
Scooby Senior

I sorry - but forgiving those mindless thugs and saying that everybody is an innocent at heart simply shows how brainwashed you are by the church ! His Mum said she forgave the scum becaue she "had to" . Hiding your true feelings because your church tells you to will probably destroy you in the long run !

It's people like this that are preventing the rest of us from clearing up the scum minority that are ruining this once great country for everyone else !

The rules we used when everybody respected the rules simply have to change or we'll be handing over control to the scum - if we haven't already !
Old 03 December 2005, 08:43 AM
Chip
Scooby Regular

I think this fathers view is more to my line of thinking.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...ds/4489916.stm

Chip
Old 03 December 2005, 08:49 AM
andyfish
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jasey
I sorry - but forgiving those mindless thugs and saying that everybody is an innocent at heart simply shows how brainwashed you are by the church ! His Mum said she forgave the scum becaue she "had to" . Hiding your true feelings because your church tells you to will probably destroy you in the long run !

It's people like this that are preventing the rest of us from clearing up the scum minority that are ruining this once great country for everyone else !

The rules we used when everybody respected the rules simply have to change or we'll be handing over control to the scum - if we haven't already !
She had to forgive them for her own sake, not her church - without forgiving she will be consumed by anger for the rest of her life. It's fashionable in our society to display feelings of hate towards another when a wrong has been done to oneself. I genuinely believe that it is harder to forgive (not forget - that is something quite different) these days, especially when faced with such an inhuman act.

This family is a lesson to us all and have my total repect: they have reconciled [sp] the difference between justice and revenge (Ghandi said if we take an eye for an eye, the whole world would be blind).

andy
Old 03 December 2005, 09:42 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by andyfish
She had to forgive them for her own sake, not her church - without forgiving she will be consumed by anger for the rest of her life. It's fashionable in our society to display feelings of hate towards another when a wrong has been done to oneself. I genuinely believe that it is harder to forgive (not forget - that is something quite different) these days, especially when faced with such an inhuman act.

This family is a lesson to us all and have my total repect: they have reconciled [sp] the difference between justice and revenge (Ghandi said if we take an eye for an eye, the whole world would be blind).

andy
Andy
I have great respect for the family and how they handled themselves.

I am sure that in the same situation i would/could not be like that. I would want them dead and would make sure one way or another they ended up that way.

Those two cowardly pieces of ****e should have been put to death.

I am sure they will get their come uppances in jail.

Trending Topics

Old 03 December 2005, 12:45 PM
jasey
Scooby Senior

andy
Sorry but this
Originally Posted by random Website
Within minutes Mrs Walker, a mother of six, emerged from the court arm in arm with two of her four daughters to offer words of compassion to Taylor and Barton: “Do I forgive them? At the point of death Jesus said, ‘I forgive them because they do not know what they do’. I have got to forgive them. I still forgive them.

“It will be difficult but we have no choice but to live on for Anthony. Each of us will take a piece of him and will carry on his life.”
Sounds like a brainwashed Christian .
Old 03 December 2005, 01:05 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

andy
Excellent post Andy. I must say I have huge respect for the mother and her family.
Old 03 December 2005, 06:53 PM
andyfish
Scooby Regular

Sorry but this
Sounds like a brainwashed Christian .
A lot of absolute truths that some people hold onto, especially in a time of desolation, can seem like they are brainwashed from a different point of view. Like many posters on here I question my own ability to forgive if I was in those circumstances. And of course, forgiveness is held dear by most of the worlds religions.

Is forgiveness really such a bad thing?

I heard a lady on the radio today who had a terrible wrong done to a member of her family. She visited the thug in prison and got to know him well over time. She said that she forgive the thug, and in her opinion this was more difficult for the thug to come to terms with - by this point he had grown to like this woman and was exposed to the incredible grief that she experienced through his actions..................................food for thought.

andy
Old 03 December 2005, 07:34 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

His mother said something like, "If I get consumed in anger, then I will be condemmned to a life of unhappiness"

I would want those B4st4rds dead ..... and the anger and hate would eat me alive - so, on balance, to forgive and hope for an afterlife retribution may be the best path to follow?

Either way, I feel humbled by their bravery and courage ............... I hope they find peace and contentment in whatever God they believe in.

Pete
Old 04 December 2005, 01:22 PM
jasey
Scooby Senior

I see little difference between Mrs Walker and some misguided muslim idiot who thinks he's going to heaven for blowing up innocents.

As I've said before - I'm not so sure she will find it that easy to truly forgive the thugs that put an ice axe in her son's head for being black.

Luckily for me I've never had to go through what she has had to go through - and she has certainly handled herself with great dignity - my worry is that she doing it because she's scared God wont let her in to heaven if she doesn't !

Only she knows why she "Has" to forgive !
Old 04 December 2005, 04:22 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

I see little difference between Mrs Walker and some misguided muslim idiot who thinks he's going to heaven for blowing up innocents.
What? You mean if you ignore the 100+ innocent lives that your belief takes with you??

No ............... it is NOT the same, one is forgiving someone - the other is taking your life because you like to live as you do.

I struggle to see how you cannot see much difference?

Pete

Last edited by pslewis; 04 December 2005 at 04:24 PM.
Old 04 December 2005, 04:35 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

At least in this instance the religious 'brainwashing' has had a positive and peaceful result, unlike certain other religions which have quite the opposite effect. I have to say it a lot of respect for the family after they came out and said that.

Its also gives more thought to bringing back the death penalty - we are again paying for murders to be held in jails at tax payers expense, when they deserve less after what they did.
Old 05 December 2005, 12:28 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Nothing to do with brainwashing, it is down to Mrs Walker's personal feelings. I expected that someone would come up with the anti religious theme over this. She is to be admired for the stance she has taken in the midst of her grief. Religion is a belief that anyone is entitled to have without being unpleasantly castigated for it or having their feelings belittled in that respect.

I agree that the two thugs responsible should have the maximum possible penalty for their shameful act of murder which in many ways can be said to be premeditated after the chance presented itself. I would not complain if they were subjected to the death penalty either.

It has been reported that they have shown no contrition whatsoever while they have been in custody since they were sentenced.

Les
Old 05 December 2005, 12:34 PM
Reality
BANNED

Originally Posted by Leslie
Nothing to do with brainwashing, it is down to Mrs Walker's personal feelings. I expected that someone would come up with the anti religious theme over this. She is to be admired for the stance she has taken in the midst of her grief. Religion is a belief that anyone is entitled to have without being unpleasantly castigated for it or having their feelings belittled in that respect.

Les
Next time someone's castigating a misguided suicide bomber remember your words here Les. They believe that what they're doing is right in the eyes of their religion !
Old 05 December 2005, 01:19 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Reality
Next time someone's castigating a misguided suicide bomber remember your words here Les. They believe that what they're doing is right in the eyes of their religion !
What a ridiculous arguement! A commited Christian offering forgiveness to her son's killers and people that bomb innocents in the name of Allah. Yes, both acts are belief based but here the similarity ends. I really do understand what your saying, but it's silly, so stop saying it .
Old 05 December 2005, 01:53 PM
Reality
BANNED

Originally Posted by JTaylor
What a ridiculous arguement! A commited Christian offering forgiveness to her son's killers and people that bomb innocents in the name of Allah. Yes, both acts are belief based but here the similarity ends. I really do understand what your saying, but it's silly, so stop saying it .
Different ends of the same problem - that's all I'm saying .

I have no time for anyone that says they do things because their Religion tells them they have to - be it forgiving someone, bombing people or Invading Eye-Rack.

But you're right - it's silly - so I'll stop now.
Old 07 December 2005, 12:43 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Reality.

You really just don't seem to be capable of grasping a point made by anyone.

The suicide bombers don't do it because their religion tells them to. It is evil people who have gained some form of control who use the religion to persuade them to do so for their own selfish purposes and to gain power for themselves.

No religion teaches that their followers should go out and murder others.

You have a fixed idea in your head, maybe because it is more convenient for you to do so!

Les