Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Legacy GTB

Search this Thread

Old 20 June 2001, 08:53 PM
SJobson
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anthony Betts of Milton Keynes lent me a Legacy 2.5GX saloon today while my MY99 UK Turbo wagon was serviced (their loan Justy was sold yesterday... shame!)

And the Legacy was gorgeous! No turbo rush but throttle response was great and big torque made me lazier - far more relaxing. Still handles well, bit of roll but I'd take that as a good trade for not having to avoid potholes. And it's still a Scooby, still got the same character, and it is what McRae started out in after all.

So it's got me thinking... I don't want a BM for my next car (X5 4.4 would be nice but over budget), MY01 isn't for me (may be in a minority -I prefer the saloon's looks but want a wagon). What's a Legacy GTB like? Are they the best of both worlds...?

Simon
Old 20 June 2001, 10:37 PM
Ed Hodgson
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the B4/GTB is way more civilised than an impreza - but you might not like that...A better compromise if youre doing lots of miles though

suspension still quite firm (& composed even on track)

Not much low down torque in a GTB though - twin sequential turbos deliver the power quite differently from an impreza - very little below 3K, much more above 4500 (and all the way to the rev limiter at around 7750) It reminded me a little of a VTEC in that respect. It does mean that when you're not in a hurry, the car doesn't want to race everywhere. MPG is a bit better as well.

much better interior (no plastic wood like UK cars), plenty of space + boot space

only available as imports - prices vary a lot. Park lane seem to stock plenty but are expensive

B4 is the saloon GTB the estate. Very understated, real Q-car. (no-one seems to know what mine is & I get no hassle from anyone wanting to "race") Estate is a bit noisier than the saloon & feels bigger to drive.

check out