Its been one of those weeks

Search this Thread

Old 02 December 2005, 12:11 PM
Gutmann pug
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Its been one of those weeks

What with DVD players and mobile phones, arghhhhhhhhhhhh

Phone stopped working suddenly 4 weeks from new. I took it to T-mobile in Basingstoke and they sent it to their repair centre.
A week later the phone arrived back nicely wrapped, Emma collected it. Jobs a good-un
A couple of days later I unwrapped it to see the note saying it could not be fixed and was knackered due to liquid contamination. They had enclosed a picture of a board with the phone saying this was the contamination area.
I took it to work and the electronics guys looked it through a microscope (the board in question although inbedded was visable. There was slight signs of contamination on one of the pads on the board but the striking thing was the large screw driver scratch running all over the board !!
I rang the repair centre and got a different area who wouldnt transfer me to the dept in question. They said liquid contamination etc etc. Eventually they agreed to take the phone back and look again.
This time they sent it back with a letter saying it wasnt working due to a large screw driver gash on the board. They said they hadnt done it. Yeah I know that was caused when it was in Milton Kynes repair centre. Sorry sir not our problem ring soemone else.
Getting upset now, firstly the issue was liquid contamination, someone looks at it, it mysteriously gets damaged and now its that damage which is being quoted.

I ring T-mobile customer services and reminded them how long I have been a good paying customer for and after a little hanging around they agreed to give me a new handset.

However even then the manager wanted to make it clear it was being done as a good will gesture. Being slightly wound up I told him if he was doing it as a good will gesture he could poke it where the sun dont shine and I would cancel my direct debit immediately and see him when he took me to court for non payment............

Makes my blood boil. The damage was obviously caused by them and yet they stilll couldnt bring themselves to do something about it without trying to pass the blame and give it the good will gesture approach........

Gary

ps, Im off to B&Q to insert a small garden gnome into the DVD seller there this afternoon
Old 02 December 2005, 12:23 PM
Dunk
Scooby Regular

Found myself writing two letters of compliant last month..........sounds like you're hitting middle age about 4 weeks after me
(You'll know when you're about to hit the buffers when you write to the Daily Mail or Points of View.)

D
Old 02 December 2005, 12:28 PM
beemerboy.
Scooby Regular

or start shopping for cardigans in Dunn & Co. . lol.

good for you - more people should complain and not put up with shoddy service.
mobile phones are an expensive service, so it was nice to see the threat of cancellation working

ps: next time you decide to fiddle with your own phone, avoid touching any circuitry with your do-it-all impact driver!!! lol.

BB
Old 02 December 2005, 12:42 PM
andypugh2000
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Nat21
Go on Orange. If your phone breaks/gets lost/stolen/dropped in the loo they'll have a new one in your hands in less than 24 hours no questions asked
Agreed, 02 customer services are also total ****e and will be cancelling my contract as soon as possible
Old 02 December 2005, 12:58 PM
Karl 227
BANNED

There's a woman on Northloop complaining about just the same thing, you should talk to her
Old 02 December 2005, 01:07 PM
Floyd
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I can't believe it but I saw a whine just like this on several other web sites. Small world, eh?

Oh and don't dribble on your phone again!

F

Trending Topics

Old 02 December 2005, 01:10 PM
Karl 227
BANNED

God, he's going to become very (even more) annoying if he copies and pastes each of his gripes onto every car site each day isn't he
Old 02 December 2005, 01:27 PM
MAC76
Scooby Regular

I wouldnt try orange, i went all out to get an spv m2000 in which the blue tooth did not work... i did not fancy walking round with a brick stuck to me ear so rung them up.... sorry sir your going to have to drive 120 miles to the nearest store who has one for a swap! Er not likely i said, just send me a new one! The chap on the phone who barely spoke a word of english just said go swap it or you dont get a new one!!!!! Now bearing in mind i have been with them for years ( 8 ) and my bill is never less than £200 i though it was bloody disgusting! Every other problem i have had they sent me a new phone in 24hrs but not this time, no matter what i said they stood firm and i ended up doing the 240 mile round trip to swap phones! Needless to say i will be looking to change network soon!