Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related
View Poll Results: Do you think the Mayor of Preston has gone too far??
Yes
80.95%
No
0%
Couldnt give a toss
19.05%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Opinion time...

Search this Thread

Old 28 November 2005, 10:36 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

Location: It's like finding a cocktail sausage, when what you really wanted was a rather large saveloy.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinion time...

Below is an excerpt of a story in the Mail today. I just wondered what everyones reaction might be (hence the poll). Feel free to discuss the text below.

' For the past 7 years the mayor of Preston has celebrated Christmas with a traditional carol concert at the town hall. But not this year.
The citys Hindu mayor has scrapped the concert in favour of a more 'suitable' mulitcultural event in the new year.
Instead of singing carols and hymns, Councillor Patel has decided to stage an evening of Afro-Cafribbean and Asian music in January.
Mr Patel claimed he had to cancel the concert as a choir could not be found - however, he admitted that he thought a multi cultural event would be more appropriate and that he would have struggled to persuade his family to attend a carol concert.

Since he became mayor in May this year, Mr Patel has replaced the traditional christian blessing at the start of each council meeting with Hindu prayers. He has also been criticised for requesting that the tax payer fund a trip for an 11-strong delegation, including members of his own family, to his home village of India...'
Old 28 November 2005, 10:40 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by little-ginge
Below is an excerpt of a story in the Mail today. I just wondered what everyones reaction might be (hence the poll). Feel free to discuss the text below.

' For the past 7 years the mayor of Preston has celebrated Christmas with a traditional carol concert at the town hall. But not this year.
The citys Hindu mayor has scrapped the concert in favour of a more 'suitable' mulitcultural event in the new year.
Instead of singing carols and hymns, Councillor Patel has decided to stage an evening of Afro-Cafribbean and Asian music in January.
Mr Patel claimed he had to cancel the concert as a choir could not be found - however, he admitted that he thought a multi cultural event would be more appropriate and that he would have struggled to persuade his family to attend a carol concert.

Since he became mayor in May this year, Mr Patel has replaced the traditional christian blessing at the start of each council meeting with Hindu prayers. He has also been criticised for requesting that the tax payer fund a trip for an 11-strong delegation, including members of his own family, to his home village of India...'

pot kettle black......

so we cant do it as it may offend, but thay can do it with impunity.

welcome to the diverse sectioned country, it would seem that the indigenous members of this country are being discriminated against..

so mr patel will be working all over christmas then??

Mart

w
Old 28 November 2005, 10:44 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

is he elected? if so, who cares - they picked him and i dont live there, he can kill virgin goats for all i care!
Old 28 November 2005, 11:11 PM
paul-s
Scooby Regular

Old 28 November 2005, 11:26 PM
PG
Scooby Regular

This kind of thing really grips my **** !!
Anytime you see any TV coverage of any school in major cities down south the white kids seem to be the minority !!
between the way we are sitting back taking all this **** and their erratic breeding program it'll be black Britain whith the honky minority
Old 28 November 2005, 11:33 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

for all those who will be offended CHRISTMAS IT IS AND CHRISTMAS IT WILL ALWAYS BE, WITH CAROLS.
Thats all I will say on the matter, so jail me
mart360
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by PG
This kind of thing really grips my **** !!
Anytime you see any TV coverage of any school in major cities down south the white kids seem to be the minority !!
between the way we are sitting back taking all this **** and their erratic breeding program it'll be black Britain whith the honky minority

but we forget, we can be criticised, called names, and discriminated against, but thats ok...

but your not allowed to do it to them,, is that equality?? this is where the master plan is flawed, but you have to draw a line underneath this and move on
Mart
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

Location: It's like finding a cocktail sausage, when what you really wanted was a rather large saveloy.

Originally Posted by 84of300
for all those who will be offended CHRISTMAS IT IS AND CHRISTMAS IT WILL ALWAYS BE, WITH CAROLS.
Thats all I will say on the matter, so jail me
Old 28 November 2005, 11:34 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tiggs
is he elected? if so, who cares - they picked him and i dont live there, he can kill virgin goats for all i care!
Why didn't you vote then? Am I the only one who 'couldn't give a toss'?

Old 29 November 2005, 12:28 AM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Sounds like a right idiot this Mr. Patel!Man with no common sense!