Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

FAO Not quite english people

Search this Thread

Old 27 November 2005, 06:30 PM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FAO Not quite english people

There is so much ignorance on scoobynet at the moment about Islam Asians foreigners etc starting the destruction of England as we know it. How does that make you feel, in that it shows just what sort of grudges opinions and ignorance people hold secretly. It seems people have just been waiting for an excuse to justify racism and now they have found it ?
Old 27 November 2005, 06:33 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here we go ............ the racism card .... AGAIN!!!

Pete
Old 27 November 2005, 06:36 PM
Alas
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Luan Pra bang
There is so much ignorance on scoobynet at the moment about Islam Asians foreigners etc starting the destruction of England as we know it. How does that make you feel, in that it shows just what sort of grudges opinions and ignorance people hold secretly. It seems people have just been waiting for an excuse to justify racism and now they have found it ?
If you are a committed racist you don't need an excuse to justify it.

Same as if you are a terrorist/bigot/homophobe etc etc
Old 27 November 2005, 06:38 PM
Alas
Scooby Regular

Phew just logged in on time as I see PSL has joined this thread. As lucky for me, he's on my ignore list.
Old 27 November 2005, 06:38 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

I think all threads about Islam and this country should be vaped on sight. No good ever comes of them, and they're distinctly yawn-inducing.
Old 27 November 2005, 06:39 PM
Ben WRX Bug-Eye
Scooby Regular

But raising concerns about immigration and the integration of newcomers into society isn't racist.
Old 27 November 2005, 06:40 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Bubba po
I think all threads about Islam and this country should be vaped on sight. No good ever comes of them, and they're distinctly yawn-inducing.
Yeah I agree bubba, any un-PC threads should be vaped on sight, and any members posting in these threads should have their hands cut off.

Old 27 November 2005, 06:42 PM
Drnaz_2000
Scooby Regular

i must have read a thousand 'sarcastic' remarks about political correctness'...ok this country doesnt let u say much...,...we get it already!!!!
Old 27 November 2005, 06:46 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Bubba po
Isn't that what they want? To stifle free speech? Mind you the Government are doing an excellent job of playing into their hands.
Old 27 November 2005, 06:49 PM
G-STAR
Scooby Regular

Yet another predictable SN thread.
Old 27 November 2005, 06:50 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Luan Pra bang
Hi Luan,
Islamophobia is a nationwide sentiment( due to ignorance,obviously )at the moment and it is a myth if the whole race has to be blamed for London bombing etc etc.My feeling is that minority often receives negative attention and natives always attack on race whatever country it is.There is a lot of fundamentalism attached to Islam as a religion which does not help.
I am Indian;a born Hindu and practise just humanity as my religion.I can not deny that I have found some pretty offensive racist posts here on many occasions I was disgusted with the comments on ethnic minorities .However,SN administration is non-bias and anti-racial.They have taken notice and acted appropriately if reported.
Old 27 November 2005, 06:54 PM
rr_ww
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ben WRX Bug-Eye
But raising concerns about immigration and the integration of newcomers into society isn't racist.
Of course not. But thats not whats said on here. People ONLY talk about Muslims and terrorists and benefit grabbing. And they base all this NOT on any actual facts, but the perceived situation!

I have yet to see an effective solution produced by any of these threads. Only the "shut the borders and shoot anyone not white" type responses. But then racists are generally pretty thick, so Im not too surprised!
Old 27 November 2005, 07:17 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by rr_ww
People ONLY talk about Muslims and terrorists and benefit grabbing. And they base all this NOT on any actual facts, but the perceived situation!
But, the facts are out there - you just have to look:

"Unemployment rates for Muslims are higher than those for people from any other religion, for both men and women.

In 2003-2004, Muslims had the highest male unemployment rate in Great Britain. At 14 per cent, this was over three times the rate for Christian men (4 per cent). Unemployment rates for men in the other religious groups were between 5 and 11 per cent.

Among women, Muslims again had the highest unemployment rate, at 15 per cent. This was almost four times the rate for Christian women (4 per cent). Hindus (11 per cent) and Buddhists (10 per cent) had the next highest rates. Unemployment rates for women in the other religious groups were between 5 and 8 per cent.

Unemployment rates were highest among those aged under 25 for all the religious groups. Muslims aged 16 to 24 years had the highest unemployment rates of all. They were twice as likely as Christians of the same age to be unemployed – 22 per cent compared with 11 per cent."

Nothing racist there. Only the truth.
Old 27 November 2005, 07:21 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by rr_ww
I have yet to see an effective solution produced by any of these threads. Only the "shut the borders and shoot anyone not white" type responses.
Hey, you've found it.
Old 27 November 2005, 07:23 PM
apples24
Scooby Regular

were like america but we fund our own terrorists rather than train them pmsl
Old 27 November 2005, 07:24 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Buenos nachos amigos
Old 27 November 2005, 07:25 PM
Robbie T
Scooby Regular

I dont know why muslims get such a bad press, its not like they commit suicide bombings or behead people live on telly ....
Old 27 November 2005, 07:26 PM
Robbie T
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ALi-B
Buenos nachos amigos
Hola
Old 27 November 2005, 07:29 PM
FASTER MIKE!!
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Laun Pra bang
There is so much ignorance on scoobynet at the moment about Islam Asians foreigners etc starting the destruction of England as we know it.
not just england but great britan
Old 27 November 2005, 07:29 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by unclebuck

"Unemployment rates for Muslims are higher than those for people from any other religion, for both men and women.

In 2003-2004, Muslims had the highest male unemployment rate in Great Britain. At 14 per cent, this was over three times the rate for Christian men (4 per cent). Unemployment rates for men in the other religious groups were between 5 and 11 per cent.

Among women, Muslims again had the highest unemployment rate, at 15 per cent. This was almost four times the rate for Christian women (4 per cent). Hindus (11 per cent) and Buddhists (10 per cent) had the next highest rates. Unemployment rates for women in the other religious groups were between 5 and 8 per cent.

Unemployment rates were highest among those aged under 25 for all the religious groups. Muslims aged 16 to 24 years had the highest unemployment rates of all. They were twice as likely as Christians of the same age to be unemployed – 22 per cent compared with 11 per cent."

Funny then that they want to blow up those who pay them their money and give them housing??

Pete
Old 27 November 2005, 07:31 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Mi problema con los musulmanes es los líderes de los grupos musulmanes que no tienen ningún problema con el uso del terrorismo contra la gente con quien comparten un país.
Old 27 November 2005, 07:38 PM
Robbie T
Scooby Regular

Mi problema con los musulmanes es los líderes de los grupos musulmanes que no tienen ningún problema con el uso del terrorismo contra la gente con quien comparten un país.
Exactamente, pero ellos acostumbrado lo oye
Old 27 November 2005, 07:38 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Talking

Demandan que lo hacen. Pero solamente cuando está obligado, y generalmente después del acontecimiento.

Old 27 November 2005, 07:44 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Urall talkingloads ofbollox

Pete
Old 27 November 2005, 07:46 PM
Robbie T
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pslewis
Urall talkingloads ofbollox

Pete
Pete i cant understand, what language is that?
Old 27 November 2005, 08:01 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

And ethnic minorities made up 22% of the male and 29% of the female prison population in the UK.

Chip
Old 27 November 2005, 08:01 PM
Neutral Cruiser
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Robbie T
I dont know why muslims get such a bad press, its not like they commit suicide bombings or behead people live on telly ....
Old 27 November 2005, 09:31 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pslewis
Funny then that they want to blow up those who pay them their money and give them housing??

Pete
bad **** indeed.very bad.
Old 28 November 2005, 02:04 AM
Billbill
Scooby Regular

Cool

It has allways been true that a few bad apples can make the whole barrel stink!
Old 28 November 2005, 05:42 AM
Brit_in_Japan
Scooby Regular

Informed debate is what we should have. I have no problem with hard facts such as shown above. However care should be taken in jumping from facts to conclusions about what it really means. There is a tendency on SN (and in the Daily Mail etc) to make judgements which cannot be substantiated. Unemployement in the North of England is higher than the South East, but does that necessarily mean that they are out to abuse the system? Statistics tell part of the story, but you still have to take care in drawing conclusions.

The above figure shows one slice through the statistics. But to get a more complete picture you also need to look at other things such as average incomes, unemployment/opportunities, single parent families, geography etc. Areas of higher unemployment often have higher levels of "immigrants" or non-white British for example, therefore skewing the figures.

There are genuine debates to be had about immigration and we should not be afraid to have those debates. But the debates should be informed and based on facts. Blaming immigrants for all the woes in the UK (as has been seen often on SN) is intellectually lame.

Quick Reply: FAO Not quite english people