Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

ANOTHER teenage girl beaten up

Search this Thread

Old 14 November 2005, 09:56 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Angry ANOTHER teenage girl beaten up

She was on Breakfast TV this morning with her mother.

Nice little thing, beaten up for winning an award for being clever at school.
The bully got a week off So did Danielle.........to recover!

And what does the Looney Labour Children's Tsar suggest? ALL schools to be compelled to give the kids a questionaire every term to see if bullying is going on or not.

Don't they EVER learn? ANY schoolboy can tell you that just repeatedly measuring something does NOT make it get better, (or bigger ) Witness the stupidity that is OFSTED!

This questionaire business was actually tried at a school in North Lincs. The bullies just used it as an extra bit of bullying, by pointing the finger at the decent kids, their victims. THOSE kids promptly got letters home accusing them of all sorts, and the school eventually had to issue an apology in the local press

Alcazar
Old 14 November 2005, 10:36 AM
Nicks VR4
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

More info here

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/south_west/4433488.stm
Old 14 November 2005, 10:41 AM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Yea, but, I ain't bovvered.
Do I look bovvered?
I ain't bovvered.
You calling me a pikey?
Old 14 November 2005, 10:43 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

So true, nothing changes

I remember my old school, the heads were adamant that bullying was never a problem. Not so, it was rife. But they just turned a blind eye even after one particular nasty inccident involving a kid getting knee capped, and another being lashed by a bike chain (both needing stitches). I supose I could include my black eye (but I always gave as good as I got ), as it was a build of torment. Nothing ever got done barring the odd one week exclusion. The school nowadays now has big racism problems with gangs constantly going at each other like a miniturised version of Los Angeles. But they still deny it is happening

How can you even attempt to resolve an issue you are ignorant to?
Old 14 November 2005, 10:50 AM
mike1210
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ALi-B
So true, nothing changes

I remember my old school, the heads were adamant that bullying was never a problem. Not so, it was rife. But they just turned a blind eye even after one particular nasty inccident involving a kid getting knee capped, and another being lashed by a bike chain (both needing stitches). I supose I could include my black eye (but I always gave as good as I got ), as it was a build of torment. Nothing ever got done barring the odd one week exclusion. The school nowadays now has big racism problems with gangs constantly going at each other like a miniturised version of Los Angeles. But they still deny it is happening

How can you even attempt to resolve an issue you are ignorant to?
Yeah my school was never that bad but still the teachers do not do enough about the bullying that exists. Some of the teachers (ex chavs) used to as good as side with bullies some of the time when they really shouldn't have.
Old 14 November 2005, 10:55 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Talking to a mate last night, who's a teacher. Apparently they had a conflict situation with a gang of kids form another school attacking kids at their rear gate, last week. A staff car was also badly damaged.
They rang the police, who turned up....................the next day

Alcazar
Old 14 November 2005, 11:26 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

We had a bully at my first school who was older anmd gave us all a hard time. We all got together and jumped him in the playground for a good ten to fifteen minutes giving him a real working over.

The teachers did not interfere and he never bothered us again.

Its about time the teachers were allowed to give a child a punishment that really means something and is very unpleasant to get. That is the only way to promote discipline eventually

Les

Trending Topics

Old 14 November 2005, 11:40 AM
drumsterphil
Scooby Regular

I actually went to Collingwood Secondary and 6th Form (same as the girl who was knifed last week). It was good to see that their anti-bullying measures were as successful as I when I was there (was not a pleasant time spent there)

Worst thing was the news reporters describing it as 'Leafy Surrey'. Collingwood is situated on a notorious council estate and there is nothing leafy about the people, place or its surroundings!
Old 14 November 2005, 12:00 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

I just did a basic search on bullying on SN looking for the link i am about to post but it chucked up so many other links as well!

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthrea...light=bullying

This made me very mad, again PC idiot making the bully the victim and they get the help and support and slack cut as they have needs.

About time the victims got support and it was nipped in the bud and the perpetatitors got sorted out.
Old 14 November 2005, 12:16 PM
trubble
Scooby Newbie

schools are made to pay thousands of £'s for excluding students....headteachers pretend it doesnt exist as they are not equipped to deal with it and dont want to lose chunks of their budget...too much emphasis on league tables rather than behaviour......idiots at no 10 still havent realised good behaviour = good exam results......