Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Ebay Dispute - Need advice please !!

Search this Thread

Old 05 November 2005, 08:48 PM
CHRIS_D
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ebay Dispute - Need advice please !!

I have just sold my trailer on Ebay.

This is the link to the advert:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4586136647&rd=1&sspage name=STRK%3AMESO%3AIT&rd=1

The winning bidder lives about 40 miles from my parents where the trailer was stored (andover), as a good will gesture i offered to deliver the trailer to his house on my way home to nottingham (slightly out of my way).

I took the trailer to his house, he had a look around it with a torch, we put it in his drive (with security light) and paid me in cash and i went on my way home. No receipt was given.

This morning i put the cash in my bank and left positive feedback.

This afternoon he rang me to say he wasnt happy with the trailer and said if he had seen it in daylight he wouldnt have bought it. He is now requesting a full refund.
His justification is that my advert gave a false description. I stated that it had been painted recently. It was done 3 months ago, he claims that recent is 5 days.
Also, he claims that some welding work is required, although i have a welder, i can weld and i didnt notice any work required, else i would have done it.

As you can see from my ad, my mob no is clearly posted and i offered viewings, which out of 120 watchers a few came to see it, but not the winning bidder.

Ebay havent been very helpful

Could anyone on here offer me some advice as to where i stand

Also, how would you define the word 'Recent' ?
Old 05 November 2005, 08:59 PM
Scooby Soon!
Scooby Regular

Tell him to spin on it!

He had the chance of an inspection when you delivered it he also could of collected it, so first things first he has NO comeback what so ever! if it was a private sale and you didn't give him a reciept (what is he some sort of muppet!)

It also helps that on your listing it says "Viewing can be arranged by calling 07739808562 after 1200 Sun and 1800 Mon-Fri" so if he didn't view it, tough luck!

There seems to be quite a few bids on this item so I am guessing that its fairly easily to resell? Tell him to stick it back on ebay and sell it to someone else if hes not happy!

Ebay will not get involved, tell him firmly (but bluntly) over the telephone next time he calls that you have already spent the cash and wont be taking back under any circumstance as you do not offer Marks and Spencers 30 day return and refund policy, tell him to stick it back on ebay and with a bit of luck he will get more for it than he paid!

Last edited by Scooby Soon!; 05 November 2005 at 09:01 PM.
Old 05 November 2005, 09:01 PM
darren...
Scooby Regular

My view would be that recent is in the last 6 months given the kind of item that you're selling. Ebay is normally purely on the description so by you delivering the trailer you've also given him the chance to view it. At the end of the day he accepted it at the time.
Old 05 November 2005, 09:04 PM
Dieseldog
Scooby Regular

Sounds like he's just changed his mind on a whim and he's looking for excuses. Your Ebay ad couldn't be more clear - you describe everything in detail, and appear impartial in doing so, and you gave him the opportunity to view, which he declined. 3 months ago is definitely 'recent' for a workhorse of a trailer - it's not as if you're selling vegetables!

And so to summarise... I say F*@# him!
Old 05 November 2005, 09:07 PM
Suresh
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Your buyer is evidently a ****. A goodwill gesture might be to take it back, minus a 50% 'hassle fee' and then re-list, citing a timewaster as the reason. Just a thought.

Suresh
Old 05 November 2005, 09:14 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Could have viewed it but didn't, could've rejected it before he paid for it but didn't. The guy's a tool. Send him a link to this thread
Old 05 November 2005, 09:30 PM
chris's scooby
Scooby Regular

That was a VERY full advert. I've never looked for a trailer but i'd imagine if i were to that would cover more than the information i'd require. Even if i did fall asleep when i saw the word "caravan"on there!

He is an idiot and you should neither worry about anything or give him a penny back.
Old 05 November 2005, 09:37 PM
CHRIS_D
Scooby Regular

thanks guys

I have posted an identical thread on another forum and the replies are very similar.

I was after a second opinion and i think i have more than enough to back up my decision.

Cheers
Old 05 November 2005, 09:47 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=4585634212

e-mail this seller and see if he collected using a trailer

if he happens to leave you a neg feedback, reply to it by putting your e-mail address in the reply stating ask if you want more info, then e-mail ebay and ask them to remove your comment and e-mail address, they then should remove that as well as the neg

jamo

Last edited by Jamo; 05 November 2005 at 09:49 PM.
Old 05 November 2005, 09:52 PM
CHRIS_D
Scooby Regular

he was gonna use that car to collect the trailer with on the way back from buying it.

The pick up got delayed hence my gesture in delivering the trailer on the way home.