Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Girl 12 attacked in Class

Search this Thread

Old 21 October 2005, 08:32 AM
Reality
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Girl 12 attacked in Class

Dont view this link if you don't want to see what happens when a 12 year old confronts another 12 year old over bullying (girls) in Class.

When are we gonna get tough on these little ***** !

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_obje...name_page.html
Old 21 October 2005, 08:43 AM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

I heard a teacher interviewed this morning explaining "if we see a fight, we can't walk away, but we aren't allowed to physically restrain any of the pupils or put ourselves between them to break the fight up, so what does that leave us with?"

Time to bring back the birch and stop the Chavs from breeding.
Old 21 October 2005, 08:48 AM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by OllyK
I heard a teacher interviewed this morning explaining "if we see a fight, we can't walk away, but we aren't allowed to physically restrain any of the pupils or put ourselves between them to break the fight up, so what does that leave us with?"

Time to bring back the birch and stop the Chavs from breeding.
omg!!

no wonder theres so much scum about if this is what happens in our schools, just goes to show you how pc crazy this country has gone when a teacher cant stop a fight

Jamo
Old 21 October 2005, 08:50 AM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Get hard, get hard on them now!! This ***** PC culture means they can get away with it.
Old 21 October 2005, 08:52 AM
Reality
BANNED

Originally Posted by shaggy1973
no wonder theres so much scum about if this is what happens in our schools, just goes to show you how pc crazy this country has gone when a teacher cant stop a fight
That's because if they did stop a fight they'd probably get shot !

Still - It's good to see we're getting tough on crime hey.

Where is Penile Lewis ?
Old 21 October 2005, 08:53 AM
prodriva
Scooby Regular

Location: "Every one should have a friend called Dave - they're the human equivalent of a Swiss Army knife!!"

****, thats just awfull. This country is fast going down the toilet.
Old 21 October 2005, 08:56 AM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Headteacher Ed Wydenbach's spokeswoman said: "There was an incident in school which was dealt with accordingly. A knife was not involved."

Oh that's alright then
Old 21 October 2005, 09:01 AM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep, the rules better protect the feckless and the law breakers rather than the honest and hard working.
Old 21 October 2005, 09:01 AM
ajm
Scooby Regular

On the radio this morning they were on about introducing powers to allow teachers to physically restrain violent pupils.... they were going on about it like it was their best idea yet, forgetting to mention, of course, that they were responsible for taking away such powers in the first place!
Old 21 October 2005, 09:04 AM
Reality
BANNED

Originally Posted by ajm
On the radio this morning they were on about introducing powers to allow teachers to physically restrain violent pupils.... they were going on about it like it was their best idea yet, forgetting to mention, of course, that they were responsible for taking away such powers in the first place!
But they should be introducing powers to put violent pupils into borstal where they ******* belong.

And while they're at it they can make borstals / prisons places where you really don't want to go

Don't get me wrong - I would hate to go to prison - but it doesn't seem to deter the scum anymore.

"Where's your ******* tool" - more like "where's your en-suite facilities" !!
Old 21 October 2005, 09:06 AM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

Slight BS about teachers not being able to stop fights - my wife is a teacher and they were all sent on a course teaching them how to restrain pupils in an approved way so as not to hurt them or get sued !
Old 21 October 2005, 09:08 AM
ajm
Scooby Regular

They should be teaching them how to inflict serious levels of pain on the little f*cks without leaving any marks. Despite what the do-gooders say pain is the only thing some of these little monsters understand.
Old 21 October 2005, 09:09 AM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MikeCardiff
Slight BS about teachers not being able to stop fights - my wife is a teacher and they were all sent on a course teaching them how to restrain pupils in an approved way so as not to hurt them or get sued !
So why was the minister for schools on TV this morning saying they were going to introduce new powers to allow teachers to restrain unruley pupils and would be providing detailed guidelines on how this should be done? Or is this more NL spin?
Old 21 October 2005, 09:10 AM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

Well my wife is also a teacher and they are not allowed to restrain or touch pupils at all, guess the rules are different for each authority.

Bloody hell, shes not even allowed to put plasters on kids at school, or give them any medication.

Its partly to do with the no win no fee culture as well.

The whole world's going mad
Old 21 October 2005, 09:21 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

My mum is a teacher and she wants out so badly. They have no means of control over the kids now. an example is going back a few years ago now but one of the other teachers in my mums dept (PE) ended up splitting up a fight and to do this he had to use some force pushing one of the boys away from the other. The boy tried to do him for assault. He was found to be innocent but he got out of teaching straight after that.

They should put a politician in a classroom for a week and see how they cope.
Old 21 October 2005, 09:23 AM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dream Weaver
Well my wife is also a teacher and they are not allowed to restrain or touch pupils at all, guess the rules are different for each authority.
Must just be the Welsh I guess

Bloody hell, shes not even allowed to put plasters on kids at school, or give them any medication.

Its partly to do with the no win no fee culture as well.

The whole world's going mad
It's scarey, that's what it is, no discipline at home and none at school because the bloody tree huggers thing it's wrong. So what do we get? Kids that are scared of nothing and DGAF, no discipline and then FTU for the others at school as well.

We still had the cane when I was at school. AFAIK it was never used while I was there, but knowing it was there and "could" be used, sure got you thinking before you did something daft.
Old 21 October 2005, 09:24 AM
Stainy
Scooby Regular

Anyone can restrain a violent person using reasonable force. This is just the schools/local authority policy differing cos some **** themselves about getting sued.

Restrain is no good unless you can effectively punish the little ******* though
Old 21 October 2005, 09:35 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

funking disgusting, to be fair when I was at school years ago most of the lads I knew all had stanley blades in their pencil cases etc but I wouldnt say anyone considered using it to cut anothe pupil, most people had respect for each other and if anyone ever fell out they both agreed to a fight at dinner time in the park out of school grounds and when someone said Ive had enough that was it the fight stopped.... They were the days when violence did sort things out because people did have enough respect to back off when the other person had enough, hardly saw any of this "just lunged without warning etc" especially with a blade.... Girls are 10x worse than blokes for fighting IMO and always have been. frigging animals want locking up
Old 21 October 2005, 10:13 AM
farmer1
Scooby Regular

Reminds me of an incident a couple of years back at my school.

The local scum school lads came for a fight, one of our guys knocked him out. Next day they came back this time with weapons.

What happened the deputy head teacher stood there knowing that he was allowed to do sod all, fortunately the entire school charged towards the group of un armed lads, whilst it took our school gardner to deal with the armed lad.
Old 21 October 2005, 10:36 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Reading a few other posts, I think this must vary from authority to authority.

My wife is a headteacher with North Lincs, and in her authority, AFAIK, only heads, (and possibly deputies in larger schools), are allowed to use restraint, and only if they have had the proper training

Alcazar
Old 21 October 2005, 10:57 AM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

My wife is the deputy and still cant use any force.

As for reasonable force, that term really annoys me as its ao amibiguous, one persons reasonable force is different to anothers.
Old 21 October 2005, 11:15 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Sickening what has happened here.

But at the very least it has brought to light the problems and hopefully this bully that attacked her will be dealt with accordingly so she can't hurt anyone else (note the word hopefully). The amount of bullying that goes on in school which happens where everyone turns a blind eye is always present. Something that has been about in the schoolground pecking order, but I believe that it is getting worse, and it will only be when cases like this become highlighted that will make it impossible to turn a blind eye.
Old 21 October 2005, 11:27 AM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ALi-B
Sickening what has happened here.

But at the very least it has brought to light the problems and hopefully this bully that attacked her will be dealt with accordingly so she can't hurt anyone else (note the word hopefully). The amount of bullying that goes on in school which happens where everyone turns a blind eye is always present. Something that has been about in the schoolground pecking order, but I believe that it is getting worse, and it will only be when cases like this become highlighted that will make it impossible to turn a blind eye.
Not being funny, but the way you put it, you'd think this was the first violent attack in a school. Try putting "stab" and "school" in to the BBC news search - it's quite an eye opener:

http://newssearch.bbc.co.uk/cgi-bin/...order=sortboth
Old 21 October 2005, 11:32 AM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

I was really shocked to hear about this -- this is one of the worst cases in a stinking pool of damage that the Government is inflicting on this country. I really feel sorry for that girl....

It will be interesting to see what happens to the perpetrator. Counselling anyone?
Old 21 October 2005, 11:46 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by OllyK
Not being funny, but the way you put it, you'd think this was the first violent attack in a school. Try putting "stab" and "school" in to the BBC news search - it's quite an eye opener:

http://newssearch.bbc.co.uk/cgi-bin/...order=sortboth
No I'm saying it happens all the time but everyone turns a blind eye. It's been happening since I was at school. All the head/teachers want to do is cover it up as much/quickly as possible to maintain the school's reputation.

And thanks to media attention that individual bully in particular cannot be ignored any longer. Although others will carry on as usual.

Last edited by ALi-B; 21 October 2005 at 11:48 AM.
Old 21 October 2005, 11:48 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

I was really shocked to hear about this -- this is one of the worst cases in a stinking pool of damage that the Government is inflicting on this country. I really feel sorry for that girl....
Much as I'd LOVE to agree wholeheartedly with this, I have to point out that much of the no-discipline "rot" now afflicting schools, was started by the Tories.

They also cut back funding so LEA's could no longer afford special units, etc.

OK, Labour certainly haven't helped, but alot of the damage was done under Thatcher. IMHO, she did it because she hated teachers.her government invented slagging off teachers, as an excuse to keep their pay low.

Alcazar
Old 21 October 2005, 11:49 AM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ALi-B
No I'm saying it happens all the time but everyone turns a blind eye. It's been happening since I was at school. All the head/teachers want to do is cover it up as much/quickly as possible to maintain the school's reputation.
Yes and I was suggesting that these stories have been in the news for a long time as well - but STILL nobody is doing anything about it. NL will probably do what they usually do, introduce some un-enforcable legislation banning something and say they have done their bit and blame everybody else for it not working.
Old 21 October 2005, 11:50 AM
T4molie
Scooby Regular

Bring back the Cain for punishment and stop all this namby pamby pu$$yfooting around!!!!
Old 21 October 2005, 11:51 AM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar
Much as I'd LOVE to agree wholeheartedly with this, I have to point out that much of the no-discipline "rot" now afflicting schools, was started by the Tories.

They also cut back funding so LEA's could no longer afford special units, etc.

OK, Labour certainly haven't helped, but alot of the damage was done under Thatcher. IMHO, she did it because she hated teachers.her government invented slagging off teachers, as an excuse to keep their pay low.

Alcazar
That's typical NL spin, blame the Tories for their own failings. FFS - they've had 9 years to sort this out, and they haven't. So who's fault is it again?
Old 21 October 2005, 11:51 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

NL will probably do what they usually do, introduce some un-enforcable legislation banning something and say they have done their bit and blame everybody else for it not working.
Now THAT I can absolutely, unambiguously agree with.

Alcazar

Quick Reply: Girl 12 attacked in Class