Record immigration levels to the UK

Search this Thread

Old 20 October 2005, 07:38 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Record immigration levels to the UK

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4359756.stm

Great to see immigration is firmly under control now thanks to Labour sorting the problem out

Hardly surprising the amount of people leaving the UK is also near record levels - sadly that probably represents decent hard working citizens who have just had enough - being replaced by, well we all know too well
Old 20 October 2005, 07:42 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Uh-oh............don't dare criticise immigrants, or ANY minority group on here mate. It's RACIST

Alcazar
Old 20 October 2005, 08:12 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

**** I forgot its not PC to talk about issues like this anymore, thanks for the warning alcazer, best just brush the whole issue under the carpet incase anyone gets offended.....
Old 20 October 2005, 09:29 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

What's this then?? Frightened of PC stuff. Not me.

As far as I'm concerned they should **** em all off back to where they came from.
Old 20 October 2005, 09:35 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

With the words in the order you have above, thats a whole load of fooking

Old 20 October 2005, 09:36 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

"We need to move beyond scaremongering about numbers and find ways of welcoming those people who choose to come and work in the UK."

LOL <holds head in hands>

Old 20 October 2005, 09:38 PM
simo
Scooby Regular

wheres PSLewis when Labour need support
Old 20 October 2005, 09:45 PM
richs2891
Scooby Regular

Taken from BBC website : A record 582,000 people came to live in the UK from elsewhere in the world in 2004, according to government experts.
And those are the people that the goverment admits to knowing about ! What about the rest that entered illegaly
"Come to work" - Yeah right ! Easy benefits more likely !

Richard
Old 20 October 2005, 10:16 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

I agree, the majority see the UK as an easy place to get into and claim benefits from, why work?

Kick them back to where they came from, if they're caught coming in again, execute them. Job done.
Old 20 October 2005, 10:18 PM
AlfasudQV
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Chip
What's this then?? Frightened of PC stuff. Not me.

As far as I'm concerned they should **** em all off back to where they came from.
Sorry Chip, but if you want to practice what you preach, you had better consider that half Your country's population should leave wales and go back to where they came from. Very much doubt you could have gone to a cafe in the Rhondda 80 years ago if the Italians had not been there. Come to think of it, mining would have been 50% slower without the Polish or the Chinese or the Romanians or the........... Need I go on. Ohhh I cant, Ive just fallen off my soapbox and broken my keyboard hand !!!!!
Old 20 October 2005, 10:23 PM
AlfasudQV
Scooby Regular

P.S forgot to add, when the Boat arrives in good ole Tiger bay, any chance they could slip 'Gav and Char' in with the rest of the expelled !
Old 20 October 2005, 10:23 PM
bren.wright
Scooby Regular

I think pretty much everybody in the country agrees with what has been said on this thread! It's beyond a joke now, whole parts of the country now have been taken over by immigrants. The government say we need to become more of a combined community... bollox, throw them back where they came from. The UK is seen as a soft touch, it's about time they started kicking them back to there own country and not handing out giros!

I would love to move to another country but it's a big decision to make!
Old 20 October 2005, 11:58 PM
GCollier
Scooby Regular

Some of the "immigrants" I work with probably contribute more to the economy of the UK than many of the people on this board. I'm sure such people are not unique to my firm either.

But hey, nothing like a good well thought out scoobynet blanket policy of "send all the ******* back home".

Gary.
Old 21 October 2005, 12:08 AM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

Surely the issue should be the numbers of these people who come here that work and contribute to our society.

No figures are mentioned but I'm sure the vast majority come here to live, work and contribute. I agree that those that don't or come to defraud/live on handouts should be hoofed back to where they came from asap.
Old 21 October 2005, 12:10 AM
SPEN555
Scooby Regular

The whole problem is the government being too soft!!! They should be greeting these ******* with a punch on the nose!

Keep going as we are and we will be a third world country in 30 years!!! All of em' haven't a clue about birth control and why would they when they throw money at you for having kids!
Old 21 October 2005, 12:13 AM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SPEN555
The whole problem is the government being too soft!!! They should be greeting these ******* with a punch on the nose!

Keep going as we are and we will be a third world country in 30 years!!! All of em' haven't a clue about birth control and why would they when they throw money at you for having kids!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That post enters the top 5 most ill informed and ignorant posts ever on SN.

Well done, sir.
Old 21 October 2005, 12:47 AM
SPEN555
Scooby Regular

no probs ********
Old 21 October 2005, 12:50 AM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

As expected, fool.

Go back to reading your Daily Star - if you can work out the paragraphs (that's groups of sentences) from what the pictures tell you .
Old 21 October 2005, 06:14 AM
DJ73
Scooby Regular

" Keep going as we are and we will be a third world country in 30 years!!! "

This could happen !!! Why do they come here and not stay in Spain or Germany or some where else ? it's because WE ARE a soft touch , Free housing , Free money , Free health care !!!!
It could help if they bricked up the sh1tty channel tunnel , worst thing they've done , total waste of money !
Old 21 October 2005, 08:24 AM
fatscoobyfella
Scooby Regular

Dont immigrants have to go to the first available country that is closest to there own to seek asylum??
Not trek across most of Europe and/or middle east or Asia?

A lot of these people arent giving back into the country...ever tried to receive payment for work done?

1st line...how much for cash?
2nd line...I dont wanna pay VAT!
3rd line...Come on ,come on do me a deal!!
Old 21 October 2005, 08:24 AM
RedFive
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DJ73
" Keep going as we are and we will be a third world country in 30 years!!! "

This could happen !!! Why do they come here and not stay in Spain or Germany or some where else ?
Erm... but they do.
Old 21 October 2005, 08:25 AM
Brit_in_Japan
Scooby Regular

How long before we get usual posts saying "this country's been ruined by immigrants, I'm off to France/Spain/Canada/Australia" ?

I suspect there is an undercurrent of xenophobia at work here. Is anyone protesting at the increases in the number of immigrants from Australia, New Zealand, South Africa? Or what about French immigrants, I've read London is swarming with young French people who can't get jobs in France and prefer to come to London. Or is it just the people from poorer nations that people don't want as immigrants?

Like it or not, the immigrants from third world nations or even eastern Europe are doing many of the low grade, low paid jobs that would otherwise not get done. They are to the British economy what the Mexicans are to the US economy.

We do need to maintain control of our borders and make sure that immigrants (from non EU countries) come into this country legally to fill jobs which cannot be otherwise filled. But make no mistake, we need economic migrants from poor countries as they underpin many of the service in this country.
Old 21 October 2005, 08:33 AM
fatscoobyfella
Scooby Regular

What kida jobs are being created in the UK for this mass influx of 1/2 million immigrants to fill?
No one complains about chinese,french etc because in general they are hard working people,who adhere to our laws and tow the line because they realise they have a better life in the UK.
Most peoples views of immigrants in the Uk are born of experience,not just blinkered cynicism.
Old 21 October 2005, 08:41 AM
Shonen
Scooby Regular

I dont think some people are arguing about the need for asylum, we do need to give some of the vunerable people help etc but it is the figures. Half a million is a lot of people and not all of them contribute to the system by working. I just feel that this country is full to the brim and can no longer cope with mass influx especially from the new EU countries like Poland. The NHS is in melt down, schools are overcrowded, crime is out of control. We need to stop immigration on such a large scale and try to find a system that works by sorting out the scroungers and health care tourists from the ones who are willing to work and contribute to society. Just my thoughts.
Old 21 October 2005, 08:50 AM
Robbie T
Scooby Regular

Brit in jap - It's alright for you, you don't live here!!

Immigration should stop now, completely. I'm much more interested in getting the scrounging immigrant ***** who are here now working for a living instead of multiplying like bacteria and living off benefits.

Those who have already come into this country, whether you like it or not are here to stay (on the whole) so they should adjust to our way of living, accept our culture, our laws and speak our language.

In my opinion any person who has entered this country from a poorer nation or via the assylum should have NO warnings, if they break the law or speak against the country they should de deported straight away no trial. As far as i'm concerned if it's better here than were you came from, don't bite the hand that feeds.

My (very strong) opinions
Old 21 October 2005, 09:06 AM
the moose
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Robbie T
My (very stupid) opinions
Your're right there.
Old 21 October 2005, 09:21 AM
r32
Scooby Regular

Its got to be about how many migrants the Country and its infrastructure can maintain. Not about race or anything similar. We are at breaking point, with many systems failing due to the ever increasing numbers ..............
No easy answer is there?
Old 21 October 2005, 12:22 PM
Deep Singh
Scooby Regular

I agree lets chuck em all out. They smell!!
Old 21 October 2005, 12:27 PM
RedFive
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by Deep Singh
I agree lets chuck em all out. They smell!!
Yeah, what with all them breeding bacteria and all that.

I blame the French though.

Quick Reply: Record immigration levels to the UK