Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

need a new mobile phone

Search this Thread

Old 05 October 2005, 09:34 PM
Ian
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default need a new mobile phone

at the mo i have a nokia 7610, and has been fine, contrace is coming up to the end, so am on the look out.

i would like a good camera 2megapixel, apart from that not a lot really, have seen some nice sony ones the w800i and the k750i, not really sure what is the difference.

what do u chaps think, any other ones that are good?

thanks Ian
Old 05 October 2005, 09:43 PM
farmer1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

K750i and w800i are essentially the same phone just with a diffenerent case and the w800i has the walkman branding and a larger card.

I have the k750i cant fault it at all. Camera picture quality is good not spectacular but definately photo printable unless you are mr anally retentive.

Pretty easy to use, havent looked at the instruction manual and comes with usb cable and software to run it on pc.

MP3 player and radio are very useful, I tend to use the radio a lot, the flash also doubles up as a torch and can be turned on. Supprising how many times I have used this feature.

Works like a digital camera, just open the slider and even if the keypad is locked it well let you take a picture, easy to use for people who dont have the phone when you want a picture of yourself as it has zoom take photo buttons in the usual place.

Got all the other useful bits aswell blue tooth etc

Its a good size, memory can be upgraded cheaply if you know where to look.

The fact that you have needed to ask what phone to get suggests you dont need any phone better then what this has to offer.

Battery life is very good, will last a day if you use it constantly will last for well over a week if you make the odd phone call and leave it on standby.
Old 05 October 2005, 09:49 PM
FASTER MIKE!!
Scooby Regular

if you can wait, the nokia n91
Old 05 October 2005, 10:06 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

if you do some international travel,,, N91 is available in some places,......

hong kong....... italy...amsterdam apparnatly....

guess who,s off to hk somtimne this year
Old 05 October 2005, 10:18 PM
Ian
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yup the n91 looks sooooo nice, i am on 02 online at the moment, as they seam to do the best deals on phones, free mins/tets etc

my Dads got the v3 in black, that looks a nice phone, but i do like a big screen for the pics
Old 05 October 2005, 10:23 PM
Mick
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

Have a look on http://forums.se-nse.net/index.php?act=idx loads of information and enthusiasts to chat with on SE phones...

Mick
Old 06 October 2005, 09:50 AM
SupaMiniCupa
Scooby Regular

I'm waiting for the Nokia 6280... Was chuffed with my 6230 so appears to be an update on that with 2mp and flash.

Still got to look properly at it though.
Old 06 October 2005, 09:56 AM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by farmer1
K750i and w800i are essentially the same phone just with a diffenerent case and the w800i has the walkman branding and a larger card.

I have the k750i cant fault it at all. Camera picture quality is good not spectacular but definately photo printable unless you are mr anally retentive.

Pretty easy to use, havent looked at the instruction manual and comes with usb cable and software to run it on pc.

MP3 player and radio are very useful, I tend to use the radio a lot, the flash also doubles up as a torch and can be turned on. Supprising how many times I have used this feature.

Works like a digital camera, just open the slider and even if the keypad is locked it well let you take a picture, easy to use for people who dont have the phone when you want a picture of yourself as it has zoom take photo buttons in the usual place.

Got all the other useful bits aswell blue tooth etc

Its a good size, memory can be upgraded cheaply if you know where to look.

The fact that you have needed to ask what phone to get suggests you dont need any phone better then what this has to offer.

Battery life is very good, will last a day if you use it constantly will last for well over a week if you make the odd phone call and leave it on standby.
Good write up matey, nice one