Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Is PC-mania making us racist?

Search this Thread

Old 05 October 2005, 02:06 PM
Rioja
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is PC-mania making us racist?

The recent incident with the George Cross on tie pins has got me thinking; are people becoming more racist because we are constantly being told to pander to the wishes of a few extremest beliefs and opinions.

We are constantly being told that some insignificant, everyday espression or object 'may' offend some minority or religion. And the enevitable answers are if they don't like it they should intigrate with our society / put up with it / leave!

I believe that this hyper-sensitivity is driving a wedge between societies, constantly reminding us that there are differences and highlighting them to the point of creating animosity.
Old 05 October 2005, 02:22 PM
King RA
BANNED

I do find that the goverment letting a very small minority group of people who have a very big mouth get their way will definately make people racist. Particularly if this effects you and the majority losses out in some way because of this.

i.e black boards no longer being called that and baa baa wooly sheep!! These are things we have been brought up with and are only looked at as being racist because pc people make so much of a fuss about it. Race was and has never been an issue with a friggin nursery rhyme for christ sake.
Old 05 October 2005, 02:34 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

It's the politically correct leftwing nut crunching lesbo types who are the racist intolerant bullies in our society.

Encouraged by our wonderful government they have a green light to snoop, criticise and ban anything that doesn't fit with their perception of the new world order. These are the people who will eventually form the core of the New Labour Thought Police.
Old 05 October 2005, 02:37 PM
wez_sti
Scooby Regular

i'm got friends of all races and religions, but i admit this pollitical correctness winds me right up!

i blame the government and councils more than the minoritys though, as when you read these stories the council normally take these actions IN CASE of offence. this is britain, we have certain ways and means, anyone offended by a piggy bank in a public place can deal with it or f*ck off!
Old 05 October 2005, 02:46 PM
Rioja
Scooby Regular

Totaly agree.

I don't think that there are many black / asian individuals thinking, 'Mmmm, I wonder what I can find offensive in everyday life today?'
Old 05 October 2005, 02:48 PM
Scooby-Mark
Scooby Regular

Angry

Originally Posted by wez_sti
i'm got friends of all races and religions, but i admit this pollitical correctness winds me right up!

i blame the government and councils more than the minoritys though, as when you read these stories the council normally take these actions IN CASE of offence. this is britain, we have certain ways and means, anyone offended by a piggy bank in a public place can deal with it or f*ck off!
I think that hits the nail on the head, things get banned IN CASE it causes offence, where possibly 9 times out of 10 most normal people wouldn't even have considered the item to be cause of offence.

I mean black boards, what sensible black person would say that is rasist ??
Its a f**kin board and its painted black How else can it be described !!
Old 05 October 2005, 03:20 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

The problem is that when people complain against political correct changes made in attempt not to offend other religions, are then branded as being racists by the same people who intiated these changes and daft regulations.

I see the term "racist" in many occasions used as a loose slur against anything that somewhere has a religion involved, again by the PC brigade. And that is what needs to be stopped, otherwise we'll all end being branded as racists.

Trending Topics

Old 05 October 2005, 03:42 PM
GaryCat
Scooby Regular

i.e black boards no longer being called that
WTF are they called then? Anyway I thought schools used dry-wipe whiteboards[1] now.

Gary.

[1] Am I allowed to say that?
Old 05 October 2005, 04:54 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There was an article in todays Sun about Dudly council making employees remove any pig-related items (calendars, mugs, pens, ties, etc etc) from their workplace in case it offends Muslim workers.

I didn't see them making a song and dance about any of their Jewish workers that might have been offended this time last year! They didn't mention if the canteen will still be serving sausages and bacon for breakfast!

There is a nasty little minority that has a disproportionately loud voice.
Old 05 October 2005, 10:01 PM
Mick
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Lightbulb

SJ Skyline... I'm glad you cleared up the pig thing!

I couldn't think what it could be for! - I mean there is no way they'd be worried about upsetting the police! - I was genuinely confused!

Mick
Old 05 October 2005, 10:25 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

heard on the radio today,,

a lady was discussing her child going to some harvest festival thing at there local school, so its young kids, the DJ remarked were they all walking along holding hands, remembering what they did when he was a youngster, and i have to admit i can remember doing this...

"Oh no" the lady replied, they are not allowed to do this, in case one falls over and it causes a domino effect..

WTF where do these crackpots get there ideas from??

the DJ was well pi**ed off, to the point, he asked anyone who knew of or had children involved in a domino style falling over to call in...

how many calls for fallers did he have.....

didly squat,, plenty agreeing it was crackpot but no fallers...

why cant the pc brigade accept that accidents do happen, risk assesments are just that, and stop interfearing with peoples lives...

and just becasue one group dosent like another thing it dosent mean it should be banned...

what next a national pork ban because a certain group finds them offensive

our problem is we dont know where to draw the line between tolerant and zealous...

M