Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Kengestion charge - *democracy* in action!

Search this Thread

Old 30 September 2005, 03:45 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 30 September 2005, 04:31 PM
rr_ww
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

But thats standard with Ken.

Do a survey.
Get correct result
Decide to do another survey.
Get correct results
Do a 3rd survey only talking to his mates.
Get result he wants.

I voted AGAINST the the "new" GLC simply because he made a **** up of the last one.

Some people seem to have short memories!
Old 30 September 2005, 05:15 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Angry

Didn't Labour get elected at the last election with LESS votes in total than the Conservatives?

When it suits these guys, that's democracy, when it's going to lead to something they DON'T want, it's not.

Trust Lying Labour as far as you could chuck a carload of the useless, lying, cheating, thieving fekkers
Old 30 September 2005, 07:08 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Ken Livingston is a f*cking tosser, he cant get removed from his post soon enough - the amount of damage that tw@t is doing is unbelievable
Old 30 September 2005, 08:05 PM
DEEDEE
Scooby Regular

I either read or heard that people are staying away from London because of the prices. We used to go and see a show with a over night stay, but not now we go to Manchester or Nottingham. I pay road tax to drive on public roads, if everone stayed away he would colapse
Old 30 September 2005, 08:38 PM
Ben WRX Bug-Eye
Scooby Regular

Net population loss from London of over 100,000 this year. In reality about 300,000 people left but 200,000 foreigners and immigrants moved in so hence just the record breaking 100,000.

I'd like 5 minutes alone with Ken in a locked room.

Edited to add...

I'm not a violent person but I really want to hurt him.
Old 30 September 2005, 08:49 PM
Adrian F
Scooby Regular

Why all the compliants the people of London voted him in and he has never made any attempt to hide his anti car attitude!

Transport for London an organisation run by the Mayor is full of the anti car mob paid for by the tax payer and has been since introduction yet Ken got re-elected so therefore the people of London want this!

As said above just dont go into the zone, shop elsewhere and go out else where.

Oh and yes this will come to a Town near you soon. i know from talking to a transport planner for Essex that this is amongest idea's they are looking at as they want us in Essex to stop driving and use buses.
Old 03 October 2005, 10:25 AM
Ben WRX Bug-Eye
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Adrian F
Why all the compliants the people of London voted him in and he has never made any attempt to hide his anti car attitude!

Transport for London an organisation run by the Mayor is full of the anti car mob paid for by the tax payer and has been since introduction yet Ken got re-elected so therefore the people of London want this!

As said above just dont go into the zone, shop elsewhere and go out else where.

Oh and yes this will come to a Town near you soon. i know from talking to a transport planner for Essex that this is amongest idea's they are looking at as they want us in Essex to stop driving and use buses.
I would be very suprised if the people in London really wanted what they are getting. It's also being extended out to the West when the obvious choice would have been to extend out to the East. Wonder why that is - more revenue can be raised from the Westwardly expansion possibly? Businesses in that area don't want it that's for sure.
Old 03 October 2005, 11:00 AM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Adrian F
Voted for by the people who LIVE (ie not those who commute in to work) in London, and thats pretty much all immigrants now, who red-ken is clearly very fond of (hes happy to do whatever it takes so they feel at home and can continue their traditions) - so theyre bound to vote for him arent they
Old 03 October 2005, 11:10 AM
Ben WRX Bug-Eye
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Petem95
Voted for by the people who LIVE (ie not those who commute in to work) in London, and thats pretty much all immigrants now, who red-ken is clearly very fond of (hes happy to do whatever it takes so they feel at home and can continue their traditions) - so theyre bound to vote for him arent they
Spot on. I work in London and feel like a foreigner myself at times there. Changed a lot in the last few years. Can't believe the Cockny accent is dying out and being replaced by a Bangladeshi hybrid. Don't blame those who are moving away from London and your right about the people who are actually voting for him.
Old 03 October 2005, 11:23 AM
vindaloo
Scooby Regular

Avoid public transport to avoid becoming a terrorist statistic!
A bus or train carriage is an easy target. 100 cars with single occupancy isn't.

<If we all did the above, London would sieze up permanently>

IMO there's a balance to be struck. Car ownership does seem to be becoming cheaper. The problem as I see it is that the obvious message delivered at the moment is to minimise car usage. Remove cars from the roads. This is all very negative and unhelpful to say the least. Infrastructure to support more public transport cannot be put in place instantly and requires capital expenditure with unattractive returns.

J.