Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Should I upgrade my PayPal account?

Search this Thread

Old 26 September 2005, 07:12 PM
JPL
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I upgrade my PayPal account?

Got the bog standard account, but people keep sending me payments by credit card, and I can't accept them unless I upgrade, (so I have to refuse them and contact the buyer, explain etc.)

PayPal states it's going to charge me on EVERYTHING if I upgrade to accept credit cards, 3% or something plus £0.20 per transaction. Seems a lot as the stuff I sell on Ebay is mostly for small change.

Opinions please, if I upgrade do these charges just apply to credit cards or any transaction I accept in PayPal?

Is it worth doing?

Cheers people,
John
Old 26 September 2005, 07:36 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by JPL
Got the bog standard account, but people keep sending me payments by credit card, and I can't accept them unless I upgrade, (so I have to refuse them and contact the buyer, explain etc.)

PayPal states it's going to charge me on EVERYTHING if I upgrade to accept credit cards, 3% or something plus £0.20 per transaction. Seems a lot as the stuff I sell on Ebay is mostly for small change.

Opinions please, if I upgrade do these charges just apply to credit cards or any transaction I accept in PayPal?

Is it worth doing?

Cheers people,

John
Paypal will charge you on all the upgraded account transactions depending on the amount of business you put through. In your case it sounds like the higest rate as you've said what you sell is mostly for small change.

Small change payments will only incur small change charges however but you do have the added benefit of accepting credit cards.

Personally I think it's a no brainer unless you enjoy the arséache of telling customers that you can't accept cards.
Old 26 September 2005, 07:47 PM
Freak
Scooby Regular

I upgraded mine when i accepted my first transaction...i know very few people who can be assed to wait a few weeks for it to transfer from bank into paypal account, and they normally use credit cards- and as a seller its a pain in the *** having to wait for payment.

I bought something from poland yesterday, seller said i could pay via paypal, and it has now been refused as he cant accept card payments. Pain in the *** as I now have to go get some euros and post them off registered mail, as I simply cant wait for the funds to transfer from my bank account into my paypal balance (nor do i really want to either).

So -yes. You should
Old 26 September 2005, 07:50 PM
JPL
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Spoon
Personally I think it's a no brainer unless you enjoy the arséache of telling customers that you can't accept cards.
Cheers Spoon,

I'll go for it then.