Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Holdem: Limit or No Limit?

Search this Thread

Old 21 September 2005, 04:24 PM
Leagro
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Holdem: Limit or No Limit?

I've been playing online for a while now, not as regular as I would like but I get to put in a few hours here & there (in fact I probably read more about poker than playing!).

Till now, I've been playing low stakes limit ring games ($2-$4, $3-$6) & doing ok. The other day, I had a quick look at the no limit tables on offer & was a little surprised to see how low the avergage pot size was on these tables.

For some reason, I thought that serious money would be being played for, but this didn't seem the case. I've probably got the bankroll to support playing the small stakes no limit tables, so does anyone here normally play limit or no-limit??? I was thinking of giving it a try.

Do you still get as many people on no limit tables calling\raising with nothing as with the smaller stake limit tables?

Ideally I'd like to play a few SnG's, but I currently don't think I have the time available to see them through to the conclusion.
Old 21 September 2005, 05:04 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you switch to playing no-limit ring games then a) make sure you have the bankroll (i'd say 15 times the max buyin as a minimum) and b) you are mentally prepared. The swings can be horrific and bad beats all the worse!! They will test your character like no other holdem game! If you think coming 4th 3 SNGs in a row is bad you aint seen nothing yet