Getting a job abroad - how to?

Search this Thread

Old 12 September 2005, 12:42 PM
ADP
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Getting a job abroad - how to?

Hi All

Im have a bit of a "where the hell is my life going I need some sort of change" type moment...............and I really fancy just packing my bags up and going and working in another country - dont really mind where -somewhere in europe, america even oz.

Im not just going to zip off and get a bar job on a beach, Id rather try and do something similar to what I do right now(IT monkey) - so how do I go about finding a job like this? Can I simply look on jobserve and apply? or is it more complicated than that!!

any ideas??

thanks

Andy
Old 12 September 2005, 12:46 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would suggest a job in IT, in another country, you'll be requiring launguage skills unless your going to an English speaking country. So your options will be limited IMO.... Have you tried governmently web sites? Just a thought? might provide links to web sites, best bet is picking a city then do a google on "jobs in xxxxxxx"
Old 12 September 2005, 01:11 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FWIW - most of the English speaking countries have pretty high admission requirements, i.e. you have to be able to show you can financially support yourself and or that you have a skill set they need. In the US that seemed to require and Masters as a minimum for IT related jobs. If you can get in with a US firm and they are prepared to assist with your application it can make all the difference.