Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Speeding Website

Search this Thread

Old 11 September 2005, 05:04 PM
Zip Boing Arial Whoop
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speeding Website

Anybody know what the website is that helps you get off a fixed speeding penalty.

I had a notice yesterday of 40 in a 30. I know exactly when it was and I was braking very hard (after a slight lapse of concentration) when I went through the camera (Gatso), I only saw one flash and by the time I was in the middle of the markings I was virtually stationary.

Any help much welcome. I have just paid to have the last 3 points taken off my icense
Old 11 September 2005, 05:13 PM
sherlock
Scooby Regular

www.pepipoo.com is this the one?

Sherlock
Old 11 September 2005, 06:41 PM
p1doc
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Zip Boing Arial Whoop
Anybody know what the website is that helps you get off a fixed speeding penalty.

I had a notice yesterday of 40 in a 30. I know exactly when it was and I was braking very hard (after a slight lapse of concentration) when I went through the camera (Gatso), I only saw one flash and by the time I was in the middle of the markings I was virtually stationary.

Any help much welcome. I have just paid to have the last 3 points taken off my icense
ask to see pics
martin
Old 12 September 2005, 10:19 AM
Chris Barn
Scooby Regular

What are the implications of asking for Pics, does it incur any costs?
Old 12 September 2005, 11:10 AM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Question

OT, but paid to have points removed? What do you mean?
Old 12 September 2005, 11:31 AM
T20Driver
Scooby Regular

As per the previous response from Sherlock ..... I suggest you check it out as it is very helpful ...

My immediate thoughts are :

1/ Was the NIP dated within 14 days of the incident and sent 1st class ? If either of these conditions apply, the NIP is invalid.
2/ If you are sure it was only one flash it could mean the camera is not working correctly and there is no valid 'evidence'.
3/ See Pepipoo website for possible actions, perhaps post details there yourself, but to answer your specific question ....

What are the implications of asking for Pics, does it incur any costs?
I do not believe there are any costs associated with the 'safety partnership' providing you with a picture of the incident.

There also should not be any adverse 'implications' for requesting photos. The NIP is asking you to name the driver. Ask for the photos to help you perform your legal obligations to do this, and also to ensure that they have a photo of your car, and not a 'ringer'.

It is however unlikely that they will provide you with both photos (if indeed there are two as you only had one flash) as they normally only send one. If they do send the two photos then you will be able to work out what speed you were doing from the two shots (see Pepipoo for info on how to do this) to see if it is different from the NIP .... although I think you will need to have gone back to the camera sight and actually measure the distances between each shot physically .. cos sometimes either the road markings or the camera calabration is incorrect and so your speed is shown as wrong.

Incidentally, and I don't know a lot about this, some counties allow you to pay to attend a 'Speed Awareness' course at the same fee (£60) instead of getting points. As I say, it depends on the county and it depends on the speed too, but you might want to investigate whether this is an option once you've decided how to approach your response to the NIP ... again, see Pepipoo for possible options.

One thing I personally would do is send the NIP back with the drivers details within the 28 days as not doing so will get you charged for a s172 - 'failure to disclose' as well as the speeding. Its just how you do this that is for you to decide, and whether you are prepared to potentially go to court or accept that you were caught fair and square and should pay up. At least the other points you had have now gone.

Good luck with your choices ... I have the same !
Old 12 September 2005, 11:41 AM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

Caught a third over the limit and braking as you were flashed? So presumably doing well over 40mph before braking? Why should you try and get off with that?

I dont understand this? If you get caught breaking the law, should you not be punished?

Does your logic apply to someone who steals your car? Should there be a pepipoo type site for every crime? One for drink drivers, vandals, shoplifters, conmen who prey on the elderly?
You may argue your crime is victimless (this time) but you have either a) intentionally chosen to flout the law or b) shown you are unfit to drive as you cannot concentrate when at the wheel.
As a result you should either a) take the punishment like a man or b) declare yourself unfit to drive then sell your car and buy a push bike or some roller blades.

The mind truly boggles
Old 12 September 2005, 12:00 PM
AC-scoobie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Abdabz
Caught a third over the limit and braking as you were flashed? So presumably doing well over 40mph before braking? Why should you try and get off with that?

I dont understand this? If you get caught breaking the law, should you not be punished?

Does your logic apply to someone who steals your car? Should there be a pepipoo type site for every crime? One for drink drivers, vandals, shoplifters, conmen who prey on the elderly?
You may argue your crime is victimless (this time) but you have either a) intentionally chosen to flout the law or b) shown you are unfit to drive as you cannot concentrate when at the wheel.
As a result you should either a) take the punishment like a man or b) declare yourself unfit to drive then sell your car and buy a push bike or some roller blades.

The mind truly boggles
Nice horse mate what is it 50 - 60 hands?
Old 12 September 2005, 12:07 PM
SimonGawthorpe
Scooby Regular

Abdabz is right mate. Just think yourself lucky you werent flashed a few seconds earlier when you were even further over!!

FYI the driver improvement scheme you can attend instead of having points endorsed on your license is only open to 1st time speeders, and judging by your original post, this isnt the first time you've been caught.

Si
Old 12 September 2005, 12:44 PM
Pootle
Scooby Regular

Angry Well, no...

"Presumably" doing well over 40mph... - the word that springs to mind is evidence. If the evidence is there and indisputable, and you're correctly shown to be over the limit, then I agree, take your medicine! But if we're suddenly prepared to criminalise people without producing proper evidence, then all that stuff between 1939-1945 was a bit of a waste of time and effort...

A different scenario to make the point: what would you do if the Old Bill said you were speeding at 40mph in a 30-zone, but your weren't!? You might suggest that some evidence was required? What if the police then came up with some unscientific old drivel (or just didn't bother with evidence) and you were prosecuted anyway?

Admittedly the rules are there to protect the innocent, not the guilty, but the rules are there and therefore the police and safety partnerships have to obey them just as much as you and I have to obey the speed limits!

Old 12 September 2005, 04:32 PM
Zip Boing Arial Whoop
Scooby Regular

The mind truly boggles
Tosser......

Sometimes, just sometimes, accidents / lapses in concentration happen. If you were waving your arms around in a fit of uncontrollable do-gooding and accidentally poked someones eye out, would this be an accident? or would you expect to get put in prison for Grevious bodily harm.

In this world of you sue me and I'll sue you, no give or take, every action must have a victim and perpetrator there is sadly no room for human error - even when that error causes no harm whatsoever.

I was asking a question about speeding not asking you to comment on my manhood.

As it happens, yes I have been caught before 95mph on a motorway, fair cop, deserved what I got. The circumstancies surrounding this incident - which you have no idea about from my inital post are different.

I will take it like a man, if you accept you are a do-gooding, rant monkey, prat.....
Old 12 September 2005, 04:56 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.
Lightbulb

Tosser......

As it happens, yes I have been caught before 95mph on a motorway, fair cop, deserved what I got. The circumstancies surrounding this incident - which you have no idea about from my inital post are different.

I will take it like a man, if you accept you are a do-gooding, rant monkey, prat.....
at the personal insults

You are behind the wheel of a potentially lethal weapon.
You are caught speeding AGAIN for another of your "momentary lapses". Christ these are just two you've been caught for! How often does your attention deficit disorder strike when you're at the wheel?
Keep away from cars, you're obviously not able to drive one safely....

If you genuinly were not speeding when you were flashed this time then an injustice has been done and I wish you all the very best...
Old 12 September 2005, 05:16 PM
Zip Boing Arial Whoop
Scooby Regular

No, The first time I was speeding, no problem, i knew I was speeding, I average 25,000 mile a year for the last 10 years thats 250,000 miles, and caught twice over the limit.

I don't care what you drive, Ferrrari or Lambretta... Tell me, right here, right now that in 1/4 million miles your 'Lethal weapon' will never stray a few MPH past the limit......

Go on.... DARE YOU
Old 12 September 2005, 05:16 PM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Old 12 September 2005, 11:54 PM
DaveD
Scooby Regular

I wouldn't say I've never strayed above the speed limit (I've had the points to prove it), but as ever, there's a time and a place.

I can't imagine a time when I have 'accidentally' done 40mph in a 30mph.

By your own admission, you had a lapse of concentration - from the tone of your original post, you don't seem to know how fast you were actually going. Then you go on to state that you became almost stationary in the middle of the Gasto markings.....nice considered driving move.

If your lapse in concentration lead to the above events, what else didn't you notice?

Of course there could be plenty of other reasons why you were speeding - new limit or something - but the way the post is written doesn't exactly put your driving in a good light.....
Old 13 September 2005, 09:19 AM
Zip Boing Arial Whoop
Scooby Regular

Good God, your alright, I have seen the error of my ways.

Due to Trial by Scoobynet I have decided that after 35 years of driving with 2 speeding convictions, no accidents and a host of sporty cars I agree with you all.

I am a danger... a monster of inconsideration, that one lapse of concenration could have cost a life, what if a small puppy dog was on that first hatching, what would have happened.

So it with no regrets, now that I have seen the error of my ways, that I will be cancelling my Life Long Honary membership of the Advanced School of Motoring Instructors, hanging up my Leatherette driving gloves, forgoing by weekley banter with Deddie at Shell in Hove and selling my beloved Subaru.

In fact no, I won't sell it, I will give it away to a young 18 year old ASBO (I think that is waht you call youngsters these days) who undoubtably will have better judgement, reactions and concentration that a dithering old fool like me.

Thank you Scoobynet, for the harsh but fair judgement, from the little information you know of me or the circumstancies surrounding my abomnable actions, you have succesfully trialled, convicted and sentanced me.

FOR SALE: One Tartan Picnic rug.

Thank you all.....
Old 13 September 2005, 09:54 AM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Old 13 September 2005, 12:16 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Excellent Mr Zip Boing esquire. I am pleased you have seen the error of your ways . You move well from personal insults over to sarcasm and for that I applaud you .
Due to this being a "sports" car drivers forum, many will condone speeding and encourage using websites such as pepiturd.
There is a mentality on here (by the few) that owning imprezas and the likes means you should speed and get of with it when caught.
Whether your in your 50's or your teens you deserve the ribbing as the content of your first post was so vague and poorly constructed that it left you open to abuse as Dave has pointed out.
You have absolutely no right to contest a speeding ticket unless in extremely exceptional circumstances (e.g. signs obscured, you're car reg cloned, getting a bj while driving ). A lapse in concentration caught at 40 in a 30 is no grounds for anyone to try and support you, or offer help (unless getting a bj)...
I hope you take your points like a man and conentrate that little bit harder in future old timer
Old 13 September 2005, 12:32 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

what a twit... how can you not notice you are going well over the 30mph speed limit. OK 35 sneaking up but at 40 you should be able to realise your speeding without looking at the speedo.

I speed, did it this morning.... Did it yesterday. hell I probably do it most days, lol ( private road officer ) anyhow the point is, put your hands up and take it on the chin.... you know full well you was speeding, not just slightly which would have been say 35 in a 30.... Stop trying to wriggle out of it and take it like a man....

must admit anyone who doesnt realise theyre going over 30mph when travelling at higher than 40 shouldnt be fit to be behind the wheel.... It snapped you at 40 whilst you was heavily braking, my guess is you was travelling at least 50mph.... if not more. 3 points is not much to take is it? not like tis going to be a license loser is it
Old 13 September 2005, 01:47 PM
Zip Boing Arial Whoop
Scooby Regular

(unless getting a bj)...
I hope you take your points like a man and conentrate that little bit harder in future old timer
Mrs Whoop has taken an oath to say that the bj she was performing at the time of the incident, who a good one- in fact her dentures are being repaired as we speak. Good grounds for a reprieve I think..