Weekenders

Search this Thread

Old 09 September 2005, 11:28 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Unhappy Weekenders

Cr@p day at work - mega stress - meant I didn't leave London til 20:00ish

M11 was relatively OK but onto the A11 I caught up with the 18:30 19:00 lot who are all roof-racks, stacked up cars looking to get away for the weekend in Norfolk

Its only 2 lanes & I want to get home. Would people move from the o/side to the inside lane when totally safe to do so? Would they heck

I'm not proud, but I was hustling, so when a car comes up behind you travelling a bit faster & you're just sitting in the o/side lane with no reason not to move into the inner lane, what should you do - apart that is from obeying the highway code...

I don't flash unless it is plainly ok for someone to move in safely so that I can pass them safely but tonight, no-one was in the mood for moving over whatever - wtf

We had people speeding up, we had people slowing down we had the plainly stubborn f/wits that just refused to move over then when I did pass them it was all fingers & speeding up to follow headlights blazing

I was going faster than them, I wanted to go past, it was safe for them to move over, so what is the pocking point of sitting there not pulling over?

FWIW I am pretty religeous when it comes to lane-discipline. If someone's faster & wants past, off they go - their funeral.

Gah!
Old 09 September 2005, 11:46 PM
v8voodoo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Praise the rant....

Lane discipline. It's about time the old bill cracked down on this and flogged the culprits. How about a 15 minute stop and go penalty in the first services/slip road as a mild punishment. That'll teach 'em to shift over when they ought to when their journey has been **** balled about too. Awkward *******s.

I get a similar problem here in Dover, half the pillocks still think they're in France and drive on the wrong side of the road whilst pointing at the cliffs....

I'm with you all the way brother. Amen.

Last edited by v8voodoo; 09 September 2005 at 11:48 PM.
Old 10 September 2005, 12:24 AM
a1oku
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Puff The Magic Wagon!
Cr@p day at work - mega stress - meant I didn't leave London til 20:00ish

M11 was relatively OK but onto the A11 I caught up with the 18:30 19:00 lot who are all roof-racks, stacked up cars looking to get away for the weekend in Norfolk

Its only 2 lanes & I want to get home. Would people move from the o/side to the inside lane when totally safe to do so? Would they heck

I'm not proud, but I was hustling, so when a car comes up behind you travelling a bit faster & you're just sitting in the o/side lane with no reason not to move into the inner lane, what should you do - apart that is from obeying the highway code...

I don't flash unless it is plainly ok for someone to move in safely so that I can pass them safely but tonight, no-one was in the mood for moving over whatever - wtf

We had people speeding up, we had people slowing down we had the plainly stubborn f/wits that just refused to move over then when I did pass them it was all fingers & speeding up to follow headlights blazing

I was going faster than them, I wanted to go past, it was safe for them to move over, so what is the pocking point of sitting there not pulling over?

FWIW I am pretty religeous when it comes to lane-discipline. If someone's faster & wants past, off they go - their funeral.

Gah!
here ,here ,bloody annoying and then they give you the v's for having the cheek to ask them to move over!!!!!!!
Old 10 September 2005, 01:45 AM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

I like the idea of time-penalties!!! Would teach these barstewards that slow me down when i wanna get home to have my tea