Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Worst oil related excuse!!

Search this Thread

Old 09 September 2005, 10:42 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Worst oil related excuse!!

Bripoff ish gas anounced 14% increas in gas prices today because of the increase in the cost of a barrel of crude...

they apparantly cannot absorb these cost,s and must pass them onto the consumer...

now prehaps ive missed somthing, and all my science lessons were for nowt...

but gas does not come from oils... it is a lucky byproduct which comes from the ground with the oil..

so why put the prices up...

just another excuse to rip us off,

it wont be long.. the fuse is lit.... i reckon by chrimbo, it will be a winter of discontent, and billy will be feeling rather sorry forhimself..

they never learn, squeeze squeeze squeeze, and soon enough something has to give..

M
Old 09 September 2005, 11:15 PM
Brit_in_Japan
Scooby Regular

I believe UK gas reserves are starting to run out and therefore the UK now needs to import more and more gas from Europe. We therefore have to pay worldwide energy market prices and gas prices have gone up considerably.
Old 09 September 2005, 11:26 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Brit_in_Japan
I believe UK gas reserves are starting to run out and therefore the UK now needs to import more and more gas from Europe. We therefore have to pay worldwide energy market prices and gas prices have gone up considerably.
Nothing to do with wringing the last few bob out of those who can least afford it then?
Its funny these increases are announced just before winter arrives and temparatures drop isnt it?
I predict a lot of dead old folks this winter....
astraboy.
Old 09 September 2005, 11:54 PM
Chip Sengravy
BANNED

You should see how much gas gets flared off in the sewage treatment / landfill world, it's shocking really. I need to invent a machine that cleans it,compresses and liquifies it for transport if required, then distributes it back into the gas network.
Old 10 September 2005, 02:01 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

A bloke who ran a petrol station near me actualy patented a process where the petroleum gases from the storage tanks of a petrol station could actually be put to good use rather than being vented to the atmosphere.

Just think if it were put to use 30 years ago it may have actually been a widely used source of fuel!
Old 10 September 2005, 03:43 AM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

So, where do I stand Switched to BG last thursday to escape that shower of $hite Powergen and was offered 50 quid off elec and 13 off gas if I take both, 13 quid off for DD and another 12 for paperless (email) billing, and was promised NO PRICE RISES UNTIL 2007. Will have to check the small print as there's sure to be a get out
Old 10 September 2005, 08:55 AM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Originally Posted by corradoboy
So, where do I stand Switched to BG last thursday to escape that shower of $hite Powergen and was offered 50 quid off elec and 13 off gas if I take both, 13 quid off for DD and another 12 for paperless (email) billing, and was promised NO PRICE RISES UNTIL 2007. Will have to check the small print as there's sure to be a get out

I was promised the same by the salesman 2 years ago. AFAIR the small print said no price increase without regulator ratification. Regulator has ratified two increases since - Still - it is way cheaper than OFCH