Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Bloody insurers!

Search this Thread

Old 07 September 2005, 05:53 PM
talizman
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bloody insurers!

6 weeks ago I was t-boned by a council truck whilst I was sitting stationary.

There were 3 independent witnesses who all stopped, and my 3 months pregnant wife was injured.

The driver of the truck was charged by the police with careless or dangerous driving. (not sure which one)

I've been in a hire car for 6 weeks, expecting it all to come to some sort of satisfactory conclusion soon.....

How wrong was I?

Today I received the standard "fault letter" from the guys insurer's telling me that hold me responsible and will be pursuing me for his and their losses! WTF! :grr:

Makes me wonder if they have the slightest idea, that
a) there are 3 independent witnesses and
b) that their ar$ehole policyholder was charged by the police.......

I appreciate that they are only doing what they are obliged to do, in the interests of their policyholder, but what the ****?

What makes me even madder was the arrogant $hite's attitude at the time of the crash when my pregnant wife was being rushed to hospital strapped to a spineboard and he has the gaul to say "that was your fault mate"!!!!!

1, 2, 3, 4, ........

Okay, I'm fine now

Rant over.
Old 07 September 2005, 06:16 PM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

Pretty sure all they want is for the blame to be shared 50 - 50 so both yours and the other drivers premium goes up for next year.
Old 07 September 2005, 06:17 PM
Kevadair
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by talizman

Today I received the standard "fault letter" from the guys insurer's telling me that hold me responsible and will be pursuing me for his and their losses! WTF! :grr:

Makes me wonder if they have the slightest idea, that
a) there are 3 independent witnesses and
b) that their ar$ehole policyholder was charged by the police.......

I appreciate that they are only doing what they are obliged to do, in the interests of their policyholder, but what the ****?

Rant over.
Thats from the insurers who allways tell you 'Dont accept responsibility' even as with your case it is plainly obvious.

My advice, claim off your own insurance to get your claim sorted and let them fight it out with the other insurance company. So long as they get 100% of there money back its just a 'no fault claim' and won't effect ure NCD.
Old 07 September 2005, 07:04 PM
scoob_babe
Scooby Regular

Location: Nobody knows how to tie the simple knots that I know

Just pass the letter (take a copy for yourself) on to your insurance company who will deal with it for you.
Old 07 September 2005, 08:11 PM
MattN
Scooby Regular

a no fault claim will effect your NCD. It's a NO CLAIM DISCOUNT not a NO FAULT DISCOUNT.

If you claim and the insurers don't get their money back you WILL lose 2 years NCD, unless it's protected but you still have to decalre a claim come renewal.

I take it you've already spoken to your insurance company about the letter?
Old 08 September 2005, 03:45 AM
Brit_in_Japan
Scooby Regular

If you have legal expenses cover then a letter from you/your insurers solicitor to their solicitor should sort it out pretty quickly so long as it's as clear cut as you say.
Old 08 September 2005, 07:28 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Typical response from those who will try whatever they can to wriggle out of their responsibility.

Hope your wife is alright.

Les
Old 08 September 2005, 07:40 AM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

My mate went through all this crap after some drunk ran out in front of his car. My mate didn't even have chance to hit the brakes. His own insurance company kept recommending him to accept a percentage of the blame but he refused. Eventually it went to court where the judge found in my mate's favour.

Sounds to me like you have a watertight case. Make sure you have all details of the witnesses (none of them will want to come to court so you will probably need to summons them) and make sure you know who the attending police officer(s) was. Take photos of the damage to your car and the area of the crash and get a detailed diagram done of the crash site too.

Write down as much information as you can, no embellishments, just the facts and you will win. Just be prepared for it to take years, though. (in my mate's case, it was 3 years and a fair amount of stress).