Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Mobile Phone Tariffs

Search this Thread

Old 30 August 2005, 05:37 PM
Scumbag
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mobile Phone Tariffs

Mrs S is just running to the end of her O2 contract, and wants to find a decent replacement. She currently pays £20 pm for 100 texts, and 25mins x network and 1000mins offpeak landline/O2 (which she doesnt come close to using). She has a Nokia 6610i on the contract

I've searched on the posts, and understand that the way to do these things is to phone O2, ask to cancel, and then push them hard to get better phones, more discounts etc.

She keeps getting phone calls from '3', and vodafone trying to entice her with 'special' offers (which do sound an awful lot better than what is being advertised on the standard websites, with standard tariffs). However, these all seem to be to entice you in, give you massive benefits for 6 months, normal benefits for 6 months, and then bend you over the table and stuff you senseless for the final 6 months (18 month contract)

Basically she wants approx 200 texts and about 100-200 mins x-network calls, and a very standard phone (she's happy with the 6610i as it fits her car kit, has a radio, has a basic phone camera, and she's used to it - no need for WAP etc.) She doesnt want to spend any more than she is at the moment (£20pm). I reckoned the 6230i would also fit her car kit, and has a better camera, and MP3 capability, so might do.

Anyway, enough inane ramble...does anyone know a website that can give details (or even possibly directly compare) the 'better' offers that the networks are giving (as opposed to the ones they advertise as standard on the websites). Any information we can get before we go into battle with the O2 cancellations department would be much appreciated

TIA

SB
Old 30 August 2005, 06:22 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

TBH, most companies will match your network deal (yours sounds pretty good for £20!)

I'm on O2 with 100 texts, 100 x network and 500 min off peak for £20......

Give O2 a shout and see what they say - at worst, you can say "bye" (if you're out of contract), ask for a PAC code (your number) and start calling around. Ask them to match your current deal - the worst they can say is "no".........

Dan
Old 30 August 2005, 06:27 PM
FASTER MIKE!!
Scooby Regular

if you ring to cancell, 02 will prob mach or offer a better contract for you. a friend did this not to long ago when the phone he was after, he had to pay for the upgrade, went to the with what another provider was offering along witha free phone and ended up with a free phone and more mins and texts
Old 31 August 2005, 08:17 AM
Scumbag
Scooby Regular

I guess the real question is: What are the best deals on offer? Where can I find out?

I know I can look on the web sites, but this only give the 'standard' deals, not what they are willing to offer.