Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Are You Going to SEE RED at Donington Park?

Search this Thread

Old 25 August 2005, 10:39 AM
SC008Y_MAD
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are You Going to SEE RED at Donington Park?

The UK's BIGGEST FERRARI and MASERATI Historic Racing Festival
03/04 September 2005

Is anyone going?
I am on the sat

Its Sat/Sun £15 per day
£13 in advance
Weekend ticket £25

www.see-red.uk.com
Old 25 August 2005, 10:43 AM
farmer1
Scooby Regular

Went a couple of years back (Sunday 25th May 2003), absolutely fantastic great value for money. Was able to walk around the PITS and carpark.

The racing was fantastic some old f1s and classic cars etc aswell.

And this amazing 16 year old guy who seemed to win just about every race he entered if anyone can remember the name of the guy I am talking about, I would be interested to see where he is racing now?
Old 25 August 2005, 10:45 AM
SC008Y_MAD
Scooby Regular

Ive never been before.
So is it a little like Goodwood, but at donington, and focusing on Ferraris and Maseratis?

Originally Posted by farmer1
Went a couple of years back (Sunday 25th May 2003), absolutely fantastic great value for money. Was able to walk around the PITS and carpark.

The racing was fantastic some old f1s and classic cars etc aswell.

And this amazing 16 year old guy who seemed to win just about every race he entered if anyone can remember the name of the guy I am talking about, I would be interested to see where he is racing now?
Old 25 August 2005, 10:51 AM
Nicci
Scooby Senior

I planned to go on the Saturday but have to be in Southern Essex for 5pm, so I won't have time to go (still be there on the Sunday)

Maybe next year (I say this every year).
Old 25 August 2005, 10:56 AM
farmer1
Scooby Regular

Not sure haven't been to Goodwood.

But basically if it is the same as when I went. Everybody who owns a ferrari/ maserati recieves a free invite and all of their cars are parked inside the track and people can walk around the car parks seeing some quite rare cars aswell as hundreds of red 360 modenas.

You could also walk around the pits and could speak to the grease monkey mechanics stripping the old F1 car gear boxes etc with hundreds of people walking past them lol.

You could literally walk right up to the racing f40s etc.

There where plenty of races all day long, just about every type of ferrari had its own race aswell as a mixed race.

Then there was the ex F1 cars race with mixed years so plenty of overtaking/lapping.

Then probably the last race was the most thrilling with just a load of classic cars, big american **** thundering past frogite sprites etc on the straits only for them to be re-past around the bend again.

You could walk to any part of the circuit, I and so did the people I was with happened to think that it was a great day out, even my mum enjoyed it and she couldnt give to ****s about cars. lol
Old 25 August 2005, 10:59 AM
SC008Y_MAD
Scooby Regular

Cool. Thanks for that mate.
Must not forget camera
Darren

Originally Posted by farmer1
Not sure haven't been to Goodwood.

But basically if it is the same as when I went. Everybody who owns a ferrari/ maserati recieves a free invite and all of their cars are parked inside the track and people can walk around the car parks seeing some quite rare cars aswell as hundreds of red 360 modenas.

You could also walk around the pits and could speak to the grease monkey mechanics stripping the old F1 car gear boxes etc with hundreds of people walking past them lol.

You could literally walk right up to the racing f40s etc.

There where plenty of races all day long, just about every type of ferrari had its own race aswell as a mixed race.

Then there was the ex F1 cars race with mixed years so plenty of overtaking/lapping.

Then probably the last race was the most thrilling with just a load of classic cars, big american **** thundering past frogite sprites etc on the straits only for them to be re-past around the bend again.

You could walk to any part of the circuit, I and so did the people I was with happened to think that it was a great day out, even my mum enjoyed it and she couldnt give to ****s about cars. lol
Old 04 October 2005, 05:14 PM
farmer1
Scooby Regular

You enjoy it then mate?