ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Are You Going to SEE RED at Donington Park? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/452023-are-you-going-to-see-red-at-donington-park.html)

SC008Y_MAD 25 August 2005 10:39 AM

Are You Going to SEE RED at Donington Park?

The UK's BIGGEST FERRARI and MASERATI Historic Racing Festival
03/04 September 2005

Is anyone going?
I am on the sat ;)

Its Sat/Sun £15 per day
£13 in advance
Weekend ticket £25

www.see-red.uk.com

farmer1 25 August 2005 10:43 AM

Went a couple of years back (Sunday 25th May 2003), absolutely fantastic great value for money. Was able to walk around the PITS and carpark.

The racing was fantastic some old f1s and classic cars etc aswell.

And this amazing 16 year old guy who seemed to win just about every race he entered if anyone can remember the name of the guy I am talking about, I would be interested to see where he is racing now?

SC008Y_MAD 25 August 2005 10:45 AM

Ive never been before.
So is it a little like Goodwood, but at donington, and focusing on Ferraris and Maseratis?

Originally Posted by farmer1
Went a couple of years back (Sunday 25th May 2003), absolutely fantastic great value for money. Was able to walk around the PITS and carpark.

The racing was fantastic some old f1s and classic cars etc aswell.

And this amazing 16 year old guy who seemed to win just about every race he entered if anyone can remember the name of the guy I am talking about, I would be interested to see where he is racing now?

Nicci 25 August 2005 10:51 AM

I planned to go on the Saturday but have to be in Southern Essex for 5pm, so I won't have time to go :( (still be there on the Sunday)

Maybe next year (I say this every year).

farmer1 25 August 2005 10:56 AM

Not sure haven't been to Goodwood.

But basically if it is the same as when I went. Everybody who owns a ferrari/ maserati recieves a free invite and all of their cars are parked inside the track and people can walk around the car parks seeing some quite rare cars aswell as hundreds of red 360 modenas.

You could also walk around the pits and could speak to the grease monkey mechanics stripping the old F1 car gear boxes etc with hundreds of people walking past them lol.

You could literally walk right up to the racing f40s etc.

There where plenty of races all day long, just about every type of ferrari had its own race aswell as a mixed race.

Then there was the ex F1 cars race with mixed years so plenty of overtaking/lapping.

Then probably the last race was the most thrilling with just a load of classic cars, big american **** thundering past frogite sprites etc on the straits only for them to be re-past around the bend again.

You could walk to any part of the circuit, I and so did the people I was with happened to think that it was a great day out, even my mum enjoyed it and she couldnt give to ****s about cars. lol

SC008Y_MAD 25 August 2005 10:59 AM

Cool. Thanks for that mate.
Must not forget camera ;)
Darren

Originally Posted by farmer1
Not sure haven't been to Goodwood.

But basically if it is the same as when I went. Everybody who owns a ferrari/ maserati recieves a free invite and all of their cars are parked inside the track and people can walk around the car parks seeing some quite rare cars aswell as hundreds of red 360 modenas.

You could also walk around the pits and could speak to the grease monkey mechanics stripping the old F1 car gear boxes etc with hundreds of people walking past them lol.

You could literally walk right up to the racing f40s etc.

There where plenty of races all day long, just about every type of ferrari had its own race aswell as a mixed race.

Then there was the ex F1 cars race with mixed years so plenty of overtaking/lapping.

Then probably the last race was the most thrilling with just a load of classic cars, big american **** thundering past frogite sprites etc on the straits only for them to be re-past around the bend again.

You could walk to any part of the circuit, I and so did the people I was with happened to think that it was a great day out, even my mum enjoyed it and she couldnt give to ****s about cars. lol

farmer1 04 October 2005 05:14 PM

You enjoy it then mate?