*runs away*
astraboy.
Old 24 August 2005, 10:59 PM
Julz1983
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All I can say is.....................

If only..............

I feel very strongly about anything to do with 9/11, so much so that I have books about it to find out more, anything like this that has happened I feel strong about, my Mum's friend used to live in America for 20 years, he owned a restaurant and knew people that worked at the WTC who lost their lives, very sad, so sorry but I'm not too impressed.

Last edited by Julz1983; 24 August 2005 at 11:02 PM.
Old 24 August 2005, 11:01 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Those are your Mum's legs, those are.
Old 24 August 2005, 11:10 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

If only it was like that, we'd not have them STILL going on and on about it. Sad loss of life yes, however, it's been a fair while now and maybe they should move on. You don't see us constantly harping on about the many who have been slaughtered by the IRA. On that note, it was up until a short while ago that the IRA was seen as "freedom fighters" not terrorists in the USA, hmm, can anyone say hypocritical?
Old 24 August 2005, 11:59 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

>You don't see us constantly harping on about the many who have been slaughtered by the IRA.

That'll be why there's an hour long program on tomorrow night.
Old 25 August 2005, 09:12 AM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

"You don't see us constantly harping on about the many who have been slaughtered by the IRA."

i dont recall the IRA killing 3000 in one go on live TV?

and the brits loved it because it lets them say (for the next 500 years) "we dont care if you bomb us because we put up with the IRA"

the yanks have no intention of getting bomb again so have no need to hold onto the image as some sort of "you cant hurt us becasue we know REAL pain" crap like we do.

T
Old 25 August 2005, 09:17 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

thought there was only 1300 deaths from the result of 9/11?
Old 25 August 2005, 09:21 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

forget it, did a search, 3088 including all the emergency services etc that died didnt realise it was that many 793 "helpers" lost their lives, thats alot alone
Old 25 August 2005, 09:24 AM
Reality
BANNED

Originally Posted by Markus
If only it was like that, we'd not have them STILL going on and on about it. Sad loss of life yes, however, it's been a fair while now and maybe they should move on. You don't see us constantly harping on about the many who have been slaughtered by the IRA. On that note, it was up until a short while ago that the IRA was seen as "freedom fighters" not terrorists in the USA, hmm, can anyone say hypocritical?
The Brits have made a science of "Harping On".

I was gonna give examples but I haven't the time

ps There's still plenty of IRA "support" in America - If however they were still be blowing up innocents that support would dissappear overnight (and the IRA Know it)
Old 25 August 2005, 09:24 AM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

Ahh but did the american government make it happen or let it happen? I too have books and newspaper cuttings re this tragedy, and a combination of science/physics and government cover ups can only lead down one of those two paths and thats the scariest thing about the whole hoooo haaaaa
Old 25 August 2005, 09:27 AM
Reality
BANNED

Originally Posted by Abdabz
Ahh but did the american government make it happen or let it happen? I too have books and newspaper cuttings re this tragedy, and a combination of science/physics and government cover ups can only lead down one of those two paths and thats the scariest thing about the whole hoooo haaaaa
<cough> ****e <cough>

I've got a book that says the moon is made of cheese
Old 25 August 2005, 09:53 AM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

I think the reason 9/11 hits home so deep is that it happend live on TV. With the IRA, it was always a view of the aftermath, 9/11 was live, happening, right then. I watched in in the boardroom of ExxonMobil. I went in when the internet crashed, everything just died. There was another IT guy in there, setting up the TV. We sat there for about 5 minutes, not speaking, unable to look away. i think there may have been the odd expletive bandied about. I noticed some crying and turned around and there must have been 150 people crammed in behind me, some of the secretaries were in tears. I watched it until the 2nd tower came down and walked out, totally numb. It was the "jumpers" that did it for me. I think within 15 minutes of me leaving the entire building was empty, 1500 people. I think people just wanted to be home with their families. Whatever your politics, whatever your views of Americans and their actions afterwards, those dying live on TV were just people at their desks, and emergency services doing their jobs.
Old 25 August 2005, 03:47 PM
Wish
Scooby Regular

Yep, Lost a freind. Very sad indeed.