Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Scan results...

Search this Thread

Old 24 August 2005, 02:31 PM
micared
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scan results...

I have to have a C.T. scan and an orbits scan soon, and can't get a word of sense out of anyone about how long I'll have to wait for the results to come through. Anyone been through this?
Old 24 August 2005, 02:59 PM
JoeyDeacon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by micared
I have to have a C.T. scan and an orbits scan soon, and can't get a word of sense out of anyone about how long I'll have to wait for the results to come through. Anyone been through this?
Depends entirely on whether you are going private or NHS I am afraid.

My Wife went through this last month and luckily she has private health insurance through work. Apparently the wait for a MRI scan on the NHS is 13+ weeks in our area.

Our Doctor arranged for my wife to go to a private clinic in Wimbledon and the MRI scan was done an hour later and she was given the results almost immediately.

Thankfully everything was normal.

Last edited by JoeyDeacon; 24 August 2005 at 03:04 PM. Reason: It was an MRI scan not a CT scan!
Old 24 August 2005, 03:00 PM
ajm
Scooby Regular

It probably depends on the hospital. They should be able to give you a rough idea! I'm still waiting on an MRI scan done 2 weeks ago... they said it would be 'around 3 weeks' before the consultant got the results...
Old 24 August 2005, 03:36 PM
micared
Scooby Regular

Sorry, should have said it's being done privately. Could have gone NHS, but the problem was getting worse so quickly that I didn't want to wait.
Only reason I'm trying to find out about the results timeframe is so I can give the company I work for something to go on, with regard to whether or not I'm going to go back.
Thanks for the replies.
Old 24 August 2005, 07:38 PM
*Sonic*
Scooby Regular

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

I had one a bit back, and it took over 6 weeks to get the results back and only by pestering them

previous to that I had CT Scans every 6 weeks for 7 years, and they usually took about 2 weeks to get my results out to me (different hospital to the above scan recently)

They told me originally it takes about 2 weeks to get the results to whoever requested them be it your GP/Consultant etc

Good luck btw,
Old 24 August 2005, 09:57 PM
HankScorpio
Scooby Regular

I had one done in may and when I went to make the appointment for the followup consultation, the bloke was going on holiday!
They wouldn't let anyone else give me the results so I spent 3 weeks sweating, resigned to the fact I'd see him the first monday he was back and dealing with that.

He only phones the friday before at 7pm and I'm thinking "oh ****, what couldn't wait till monday" and he says "I just thought I'd let you know everything was fine, scan was normal"!!

Well thanks a bunch doc, I'll go change my trousers now!!